The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. BVB Dortmund||Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's not make it 3 losses in 4 games please.

Strongest team possible. Guarantee top spot.

Lloris
Sanchez - Dier - Vertonghen
Winks
Aurier - Eriksen - Dele - Rose
Son
Kane​

The Derby is in the past, let’s bounce back with style

Hugo
Dier Sanchez Jan
Aurier Winks Sissoko Rose
DeleEriksen
Kane

Scheiß BVB
I probably wouldn't have said so before today, but I think we do need to rest a few guys. We're clearly low on fully fit bodies and this is the only match we could get away with losing for a long while. I'd probably start Llorente and Son in some capacity. But if Poch thinks avoiding another high profile loss is more important than resting players, I wouldn't argue with him.

Rest up the players who looked to be tired today. Dier needs a break after a non stop schedule, Kane needs to get his knee right & Alli needs to get his head sorted. I’d also rest Eriksen as he looked jaded today.
We’ve qualified & I think we will top the group with a win against apoel. No need to risk players who aren’t 100% because we have a very heavy schedule coming up to & including the Xmas period. I’d love to see us full strength for this one, but we need to change it around to keep players fit & healthy & nurse the ones who aren’t at their peak back to fitness.

Lloris
Sanchez Foyth Vertonghen
Aurier Winks Eriksen Rose
Son Lamela*
Kane

If Lamela has match fitness then start him. You don’t need a DM with 3 at the back. Dortmund have a lot of injuries and suspensions. Aubameyang is all over the place, they can’t qualify and I’d imagine they’ll want to focus on the league.

A bit of a tough call, as some of our key players look in need of rest but if we get thumped, and we cannot underestimate Dortmund, it’ll take a toll on morale and confidence. On balance, I’d go for the former approach.

Almost forgot about this coming along so soon. Would have been annoyed at having such a hectic schedule over the next ten days (this, West Brom, Leicester).

Now it feels like a palette cleanser.

If any gooner twats in your private lives give you grief on Monday - just tell them you're more focussed on finishing top in the Champions League 'group of death' with a game to spare.
:dembelefingers:

Let's not make it 3 losses in 4 games please.

Strongest team possible. Guarantee top spot.

Lloris
Sanchez - Dier - Vertonghen
Winks
Aurier - Eriksen - Dele - Rose
Son
Kane​
Kane is clearly not fit, no way should he start this game, no point playing a forward (any forward) that can't press, with a high-line and if we choose/or are forced to sit deep and counter as we did in the first leg, he clearly doesn't have the legs to do that either (he was miles off the pace vs scum). Same with Winks (if injured), I'd also rest Eriksen who has played a lot of games recently (all Internationals were competitive, not friendlies).

Either go Son as false nine or play Lorrentte, who apart from Madrid away he has been shit so far but needs to step up. If "fit" play Lamela instead of Eriksen. Then either have Sissoko replace Winks, or play Dier in DM and have Foyth in as CB.

Bottom line is we have a lot of players who either need the minutes to get fit, or need resting because they are not fit.

We need to bounce back with a win here. Its important after the so called derby we didnt seem to turn up for. Not gonna slate them too much though.

Lloris
Foyth Davi Jan
Serge sissoko winks Davies
Alli son
Llorente

Dont know if rose or kane will be available but that team should get it done. Would rather save kane for next weekend. Plus Dortmund dont really scare me like they used too.

2-1 son with both

COYS!! Lets have it!

Lloris
Sanchez Foyth Vertonghen
Aurier Winks Eriksen Rose
Son Lamela*
Kane

If Lamela has match fitness then start him. You don’t need a DM with 3 at the back. Dortmund have a lot of injuries and suspensions. Aubameyang is all over the place, they can’t qualify and I’d imagine they’ll want to focus on the league.

Lamela is not eligible to play in the CL, he hasn't been registered

Sonny knows German football well. It would make sense to start with him. I’d even be tempted to rest Kane and start with Llorente. Madness maybe. But yesterday showed how knackered the holy trinity of Kane, Dele and Eriksen are.

Sonny knows German football well. It would make sense to start with him. I’d even be tempted to rest Kane and start with Llorente. Madness maybe. But yesterday showed how knackered the holy trinity of Kane, Dele and Eriksen are.

Thing is if we get Lamela back (maybe not 90 mins this game obviously) he can cover Eriksen, Son can take Dele’s place but it’s the drop in quality from Kane to Llorente that is the main issue.

An opportunity to cement our place in the next round as group winners in the group of death. Despite all of the doom and gloomers predicting the end of days we happen to be top, and unbeaten in our CL group containing 2 brilliant clubs. Act accordingly.

Dortmund are in somewhat of a slump having not won in 4, so we should expect a response from them and their fans in what is one of the most atmospheric grounds in the world.

I'd take a draw, leaving us with APOEL at home to bring home the bacon.

-------------------------------Lloris------------------------------------
----------------Dier-------Sanchez-------Vertonghen----------
Aurier-----------------------------------------------------------Rose
-----------------------Winks---------Dembele---------------------
------------------------Son------------Eriksen-----------------------
------------------------------Llorente---------------------------------

No point risking Kane when he's obviously unfit.

Back
Top Bottom