***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We aren't.
Life springs eternal hope. Sissoko is banned. We will beat the scum on Sunday. We are due a bit of luck against them. We can reassemble without that twat even being eligible. And we are due a result. Doesn't paper over the cracks but if tonight doesn't give the players a shoe up the shit box then we may as well give up. It was poor until they scored. We picked it up after that but still didn't deserve anything with such a hollow performance. Have never been as unhappy with Spurs since the 3-1 loss against Blackpool. It was horrible tonight & I feel for the poor sods who have to travel home after such an ineffective shit show.

Upwards & onwards fellow Spurs fans. We will get a result on Sunday & get the season back on the rails.

Would everyone feel a little bit better if you we fucked Totti off in to Sin Bin?

Thought so.

brendan_fraser_laugh.gif

Racist cunt. Tell the scot to fuck off and watch curling eh?! That cuts deep, Baz. Deep

That's right and don't forget the Irn Bru and deep fried Mars bar!
Culloden was all about the Campbell's and the Macdonalds

How dare you accuse me of generalising!

And I used to indulge in a spot of curling when I lived in the Borders!

Do you wear safety boots on the rig or jackboots?

Start calling yourself Bratwurst Vince in future!

Just watched it again and definite penalty for Alli

How anyone can say that was a dive is beyond me and that twat of a ref less than 5 mars away
In real time yes, replays not sure. Alli seem to drag his foot. Another night, we would gave got that. Playing that poor we didnt deserve anything out of the game so personally don't really care.

In real time yes, replays not sure. Alli seem to drag his foot. Another night, we would gave got that. Playing that poor we didnt deserve anything out of the game so personally don't really care.

Yes I'm clutching at straws

Very disappointed and hope we can show some pride on Sunday

At least Sissoko won't be playing and I really don't know what Poch is going to do with him

:pochfacepalm:

I've never thought of myself as a negative kind of guy.
Really surprised by recent feedback.
Bit dumbfounded
You're a bit too keen to drag race/colour into your posts big man. You probably aren't racist Rick (you don't mind if I call you Rick?) & neither are your family. But keep comments to fellow Spurs fans (probably the most socially, politically, racially & religiously aware) about Spurs. You are way out of your league when you question a fellow fan on the issue of "would you call a white player a superb physical specimen" & claim you weren't making a racist innuendo. Your card has been marked on here a while ago. Don't start digging yourself another hole.

Poor performance all around- Poch included. I can't believe Poch wanted to start Eriksen out wide again after last week's performance. Janssen should have been up top the whole time- not because Son can't do it there, but, rather that we desperately need Son to man the left wing for us- Eriksen is NOT a solution there! And Sissoko has been incredibly poor for us so far out wide, compounding the problem immensely.

We look very predictable tactically these days- teams can just sit back on the counter and pack the middle while daring our holding mids and centerbacks to beat them somehow. I think this is, because, at some point last season, we shifted from a team that was played against offensively to a team that is now played against defensively. Putting on a strong defensive squad with 2 CDM's unfortunately plays right into those kinds of tactics.

I am really hoping that Poch shifts Eriksen back into 1 of the holding-CDM roles- not because he is great defensively, but, because he can at least help keep possession and set up play from deep. Sissoko should be tried out in the CDM box to box role as well. It's pretty clear he lacks the skill to play on the wing and be responsible for creating chances, but, perhaps he could excel in the middle where at least he can put his superior physicality to good use, turning defense to attack. If he can't succeed there, then it looks truly to be a very poor investment of club funds...

Leverkusen is a much better team than given credit for, but, seriously, our offense is in crisis right now. We are barely creating any real chances of note! If we were serious about advancing in the CL, we should have won at least 1/2 games against them. I am very worried about this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom