***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Brain" Leverkusen?

Don't know whether you've heard it, they've been an absolute mess over the last two weeks. Schmidt got banned from the sideline for two games, they got battered at home by Hoffenheim, then got knocked out of the German cup against a 10 men third division team.

Whether that's good or bad news for you is another question.

we need to win here to put ourselves in a good position to qualify and to get a bit of momentum for the woolich game, would be nice to see Kane and Toby at least make the bench.
Think Vince has earned himself a start,I just hope Son finds that bit of form he had before the international break.
Wonder how many away fans will be travelling across for this, seeing as they couldn't even sell out the home game? :pochsulk:

"Brain" Leverkusen?

Don't know whether you've heard it, they've been an absolute mess over the last two weeks. Schmidt got banned from the sideline for two games, they got battered at home by Hoffenheim, then got knocked out of the German cup against a 10 men third division team.

Whether that's good or bad news for you is another question.

Any negative is good news.. I was impressed with BL in the away fixture but I think they'll be a little more cautious away..
I still think they'll press but with this they will leave gaps and space for us to exploit. Hopefully we are over the Wembley no show in the last visit..

I'm going for a 1-0 win with Janssen getting the 1..

Any negative is good news.. I was impressed with BL in the away fixture but I think they'll be a little more cautious away..
I still think they'll press but with this they will leave gaps and space for us to exploit. Hopefully we are over the Wembley no show in the last visit..

Would be typical for Jannsen to find his scoring boots now that Kane is close to returning, that is a predicament I would love Poch to face!
:pochsmirk:

It depends on what will be their reaction... they were in a similar situation (mid- to fullsize crisis) twice last season, both times the media had already written Roger Schmidt off to get the sack. First time was in fall, then they annihilated Gladbach 5-0, second time in February when Schmidt was banned first for three and a half games, they got one point out of those four games, then when he was back they went on a rally and won the next seven games. They'll probably bounce back this time, too ... only question is, will it be in the midweek game.

MUST WIN.

Lloris
Trippier- Dier - Vertonghen - Rose
Wanyama - Sissoko
Lamela - Alli - Son
Janssen
Scratchy 1-0 win.

Haven't got a clue what type of team Pochettino will put out for this. Some rotation will be necessary with Woolwich on Sunday, but too much will make it difficult for us, and we really need to end this poor run and start winning again. At least Sissoko in the starting line-up should be a certainty with him being suspended in the League.

Lloris
Trippier-Dier-Vertonghen-Davies
Sissoko-Wanyama
Lamela-Eriksen-N'Koudou
Janssen

We really need a win. Wouldn't waste much energy on looking at Bayer's form table, they will be up for this and will arrive without fear..

Back
Top Bottom