***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kind of annoying that there's NFL in Wembley today, that can't be good for the pitch!

Just got done playing a full NFL game +15 minutes of overtime. That pitch is not going to be in great shape come Wednesday. Not great for our style of play. No excuses, but the timing is bad.

Just got done playing a full NFL game +15 minutes of overtime. That pitch is not going to be in great shape come Wednesday. Not great for our style of play. No excuses, but the timing is bad.

Long ball to Janssen should work fine though.

Taking my son to his first Spurs game. Got the restrictive view tickets in Block 134.

Any ideas why they are restrictive view?
It's nothing - I doubt you'll even notice. I've had friends who couldn't see why they say that.

This is what their website says:

The Seats
  • The stadium has 90,000 seats with NO obstructed views
  • There are 310 wheelchair spaces and 400 press seats
  • The rows of seating, if placed end to end, would stretch 54 kilometres
  • There is more leg room in every seat in Wembley Stadium than there was in the Royal Box of the old stadium
  • The seats are spread over three tiers: lower 34,303, middle 16,532 and upper 39,165
  • The stadium was designed with stands that are higher and closer to the pitch than the original stadium and with better uninterrupted views
  • The rows of seating, if placed end to end, would stretch 54 kilometres
  • There is more leg room in every seat in Wembley Stadium than there was in the Royal Box of the old stadium

2-1 victory alli & son.
Win on wednesday & a draw at Woolwich would be a very good week.

Offer it now, I'd take it on this form.

Win is VERY MUCH needed though. Can't go into the NLD with us 6 games without a win. Although the "football" thing to say would be to say that form doesn't matter in the derby.

Just hoping for a better result than last time at Wembley. When we win, the awful journey home on a week night doesn't bother me too much, especially as I have to be up early on Thursday morning!
COYS

Haven't got a clue what type of team Pochettino will put out for this. Some rotation will be necessary with Woolwich on Sunday, but too much will make it difficult for us, and we really need to end this poor run and start winning again. At least Sissoko in the starting line-up should be a certainty with him being suspended in the League.

Lloris
Trippier-Dier-Vertonghen-Davies
Sissoko-Wanyama
Lamela-Eriksen-N'Koudou
Janssen

We haven't qualify yet so I don't see any point of us rotating. We should just think about winning this game first rather than worrying about the weekend game. If we don't win in midweek, the team confidence could take a further dent.

Last edited:
15 mins of OT. We need to learn a thing or two from the NFL. The ref gives 3 mins over and a player can waste 2 of it rolling around on the floor?

Win this game. Win the NLD. Sign Messi at Xmas and win the PL and CL and Woolwich get religated- ive had an apparition.........?its true believe. ..

Have to go, they are turning the lights off..

We haven't qualify yet so I don't see any point of us rotating. We should just think about winning this game first rather than worrying about the weekend game. If we don't win in midweek, the team confidence could take a further dent.
I have to disagree, if we play the entire best XI against Leverkussen that will have a negative impact on those players for the weekend match. We'll be forced to either play a more exhausted side vs Woolwich, or we need to start a weaker, yet fresher team for the Woolwich match, neither of which is anywhere close to being ideal. I'm not saying play the B-team, because obviously there is a lot at stake in the Leverkussen game as well, but rotate those players who have close to similar quality replacements. We need to manage the squad carefully with the fixture list we have in November. Besides, some of our players might still be somewhat tired from the Leicester match anyway, so some fresh legs to come in the team for this encounter can only be a good thing. Furthermore, it's not like we've actually played all that well in recent weeks with the regular XI, other players need to get a chance to compete and put the pressure on.

Back
Top Bottom