The mighty Spurs Vs Manu K.O: 16:30 Sunday 14th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At Old Trafford, I think we came unstuck against Ibrahimovic winning header after header against our centre backs - which allowed him to head it down to their pacey attackers.

Him being injured is a big boost to us. If Eriksen's excellent form (West Ham match aside) can pick the lock to feed Kane then we'll do well.

This season a success? I know I know. Prem season has been fantastic and we've watched football that most clubs would dream to play. Feast on the eyes really. But that FA Cup semi loss when Chelsea had no issue conceding which all went terribly wrong via an out-of-position Son slide tackle. Then throw in Wembley European disaster finished off by Genk. Fuck. Love this club but this shit ain't easy.

This season a success? I know I know. Prem season has been fantastic and we've watched football that most clubs would dream to play. Feast on the eyes really. But that FA Cup semi loss when Chelsea had no issue conceding which all went terribly wrong via an out-of-position Son slide tackle. Then throw in Wembley European disaster finished off by Genk. Fuck. Love this club but this shit ain't easy.
Well its the best season I've watched in 30years. Thing is supporting spurs,its always like this. If we wanted an easy ride we wouldn't be here,would we. Proud of our team,and have enjoyed the season. Gutted about that semi,yes. But we played well in that,didn't let ourselves down(as a team). As for the league,I am old school and have this mental block that cant really see us ever winning it
still love it though

Don't see how anyone can see this season as anything BUT a success. Especially in terms of Premier league territory.

- More points then we ever had.
- Most goals scored then we ever had.
- Least amount of goals conceded then we ever had.
- One of, if not the best, team to watch.
- One if the youngest overall teams.
- A forward thinking coach in charge.
- Cup semi final.
- Champions League qualification.
- About to get our highest ever finish.

And we still have 3 games remaining.

We are constantly over achieving. Especially this season.

Last edited:

Fucking LOL - it's probably in our top 5 league seasons ever...........at a point where the league is deemed more important than ever before

Tottenham don't win as many trophies as the other clubs around us, excluding Man city but they have the finances available to them which we don't.

The media saying we 'should' be winning trophies is bullshit. We shouldn't...

Liverpool should. Man United SHOULD. Chelsea and Man city definitely SHOULD. Woolwich too.

We shouldn't be anywhere near them in reality. With the amount of success they have had, the money available to them and the prestige of being a big club, they are the ones who have to be competing for the trophies, we are here to challenge. That's what our minimum requirement really is.

Winning a trophy at Tottenham is far more valuable to the club than winning one at Man United.

We're getting to that stage and we're doing it with no real pressure for immediate success. It will come eventually, lets just enjoy it while it lasts.

Well its the best season I've watched in 30years. Thing is supporting spurs,its always like this. If we wanted an easy ride we wouldn't be here,would we. Proud of our team,and have enjoyed the season. Gutted about that semi,yes. But we played well in that,didn't let ourselves down(as a team). As for the league,I am old school and have this mental block that cant really see us ever winning it
still love it though
Definitely way more positives then negatives via this fantastic season. But those trophies usually do the talking in the end to validate things and put this squad's proper place in Spurs history.

Relax my man. That's my point. I want this season to be properly remembered and respected. It's been that good . We on the same side.
Nice picture by the way. Iverson was my favourite basketball player growing up. Just got back into the NBA recently and my Bulls aren't doing too bad to be honest! Don't think many had em picked for a playoff spot

still love it though

The league was won already when we stopped Chelsea's run. Whilst we were busy in Europe, they had no distractions. There is no mental block. Just two pretty rare occurrences that put too much distance before we emerged as late challengers in the last few months of each season.

No ibrahimovic, Pogba, Young, Fellaini, Valencia, Rojo and Shaw confirmed. Doubt they will start Rashford and Herrera (might risk him as the cm options are limited and i assune they will play 3 cm's).Martial, Rooney and Mata up top in a 3 i would guess.

Back
Top Bottom