The mighty Spurs Vs Manu K.O: 16:30 Sunday 14th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Utd in the final I can't see them not playing a B team. I took a look at Red Cafe and 99% of them don't care about this game at all. They are all predicting that they will play a mixture of reserve and U23 players.

With Utd in the final I can't see them not playing a B team. I took a look at Red Cafe and 99% of them don't care about this game at all. They are all predicting that they will play a mixture of reserve and U23 players.
200.gif

Especially with Bailly suspended he can't risk anyone at the lane on Sunday now

One game vs Ajax for trophy and champions league or playing Russian roulette in league and hopIng teams above him fuck up, Jose won't risk it

In a way it's sad for last game at lane to be against a united B/C team but it's good for us to bid farewell with a solid win for second

3 at the back.

Last season the old formation was more flowing, but recently it's become a sign of hesitation and keep ball with little end product.

We really need to be more aggressive with a back 4.....it's not exactly a defensive set up, so no idea why the front three tend to go missing in it.

Go at them, we win well.

AGREE... AGREE... A-100%-GREE!!

Think it's a piss take there is a £150 cap. That's more of a slap in the face than no cap really. Means they've identified people are getting ripped off and decided it's acceptable for people to profiteer off other fans...just within a specified limit.

If there is any cap it should be near face value

A lot of nonsense on here about Manu 'rotating', I look at their squad against Celta yesterday and it is the reverse they rotated for this game.
Rooney, Martial, Mata, Smalling,Carrick,jones & de gea were on the bench .So they will be starting sunday. hardly a 'B team'

A lot of nonsense on here about Manu 'rotating', I look at their squad against Celta yesterday and it is the reverse they rotated for this game.
Rooney, Martial, Mata, Smalling,Carrick,jones & de gea were on the bench .So they will be starting sunday. hardly a 'B team'

I guess it depends what year you think it is...

Here is what will happen -
- Mourinho will park the bus
- Manu will play counter and will try to exploit our back 3 with Martial & Mata who have the pace
- We will dominate midfield and will have chances on goal.
-If we find ourselves in a stiuation where Manu have us 1-1 or even 0-0 by the 70th minute and Poch brings on Sissoko, Jassen. Know fully well he fucked up the subs and plan B.

This is our ADVANTAGE over Manu, the players they will be bringing off the bench won't be a 100%. So it would be ncie to have a plan B and consider having a first x11 player or two on the bench. And starting with one or two squad players to break down Manu who will park the bus.

I'm willing to bet there is very little rotation. I'd expect :

De Gea
Tuanzebe - Bailly - Jones - Darmian
Carrick
Herrera - Pogba
Mata - Martial - Lingard
Or there abouts. Though if not, they'll probably go with 3 at the back (which is basically 6 for Utd)

Most of the team re Woolwich were first team players if not first choice. Like us playing Trippier and Davies rather than Walker & Rose. Bailly will play as suspended and as this match is the first he is more likely to rest for the other matches. Make no mistake this will not be easy. If we play to our best we will win but not if the occasion affects them or they think we are definitely ending up second and it does not matter. The players need to have their heads right for this match and play like previous matches and not like the last one re Spammers.

-----------------Rooney-------------
-----Martial----Pogba------Mata
------------Carrick----Jones---------
Darmian-Bailley Smalling--Tuan-
---------------De Gea-----------------

Not a bad team tbh

Similar to the team that Woolwich thrashed??

Not going to be an easy match, but color me unimpressed

Well condolences there, but do u really consider Pogba the biggest threat from the opposition? I am more inclined to think Mata & Martial will be the ones to watch out for.

He absolutely dominated Dembele at Old Trafford and he's a talented footballer. I don't think anyone else coming into the team has the power to dominate Wanyama and Dembele like Pogba COULD

A 12 hour binge, early doors at liv st, on to n17.'
A pub crawl up and down the high road, hopefully 3 points and 2nd place.
Then bill nic for a rave up.
Fingers crossed for 2nd place.
COYS

Back
Top Bottom