The Mighty Spurs vs Everton, 12th May 15.00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi boys and girls Everton fan here. Congratulations on your win against Ajax I got goosebumps watching it so it must have been an out of body experience for you lot. Just hope you batter the red shite as it will be unbearable if they win they all come out the woodwork. Both teams will be missing big players tommorow so I think it has a draw written all over it but I guarantee that if Jansen plays he will score. Anybody that hasn’t scored for a decade or is waiting for a debut goal is a nap to score against us.

Jan Vertonghen has been ruled out of Sunday’s Premier League finale against Everton, while Victor Wanyama and Danny Rose are being assessed.

Belgian international defender Jan sustained an ankle injury in the midweek Champions League match against Ajax and, with evaluation ongoing, in unavailable to face the Toffees at our new stadium.

Midfielder Victor picked up a thigh injury in the same match in Amsterdam and is being assessed along with left-back Danny (hamstring).

Juan Foyth and Heung-Min Son will both miss the Everton game as they serve the first of their respective three-match bans following their red cards at Bournemouth last weekend.

Striker Harry Kane (ankle) and midfielder Harry Winks (groin) have begun on-field rehabilitation while defender Davinson Sanchez (thigh) is continuing rehab.

Kick-off on Sunday is at 3pm.

No mention of Aurier.

Weird one with Aurier as he wasn't even in Amsterdam with the team despite other injured players being present.

And as you say, not even mentioned there.

I know - I was being facetious. What do you think I've been doing for the last couple of days? Think I've finally caught up with that. Suppose I should see if anything else has happened in the world since Wednesday night
😆

I’ve only just got to this thread too. Far too busy enjoying all the fan videos and twitter reactions to the Ajax result.
It was such a pleasure this morning to rewatch the match again on tv without any of the stress. Even the extended post match commentary and seeing the players on the pitch celebrating in front of the fans is a brilliant watch.
We dont get too many times like this and so we should savour it.
As for the match tomorrow, its gonna be a party atmosphere and Im really looking forward to it, but if Moura hadn’t squeezed the last goal in & if Woolwich or Utd had not screwed up last Sunday, we would all be dreading tomorrow. In football there are such fine margins between despair and ecstasy .

Everton's players are already at the beach. Got nothing to play for...

Newcastle were relegated a few seasons back and nothing to play for. We lost and woolwich went above us. Last week Brighton had nothing to play for and could’ve beaten woolwich. Cant take anything for granted, plus Everton have been playing well recently.

Weird one with Aurier as he wasn't even in Amsterdam with the team despite other injured players being present.

And as you say, not even mentioned there.
Wouldn’t they only mention him if he was injured? They did already say on Tuesday that he had returned to training. Hopefully it means he starts.

Newcastle were relegated a few seasons back and nothing to play for. We lost and woolwich went above us. Last week Brighton had nothing to play for and could’ve beaten woolwich. Cant take anything for granted, plus Everton have been playing well recently.
This is 100% spot on.
Anyone who has an eye on CL final should take a deep breath & ( I know it’s hard) shelve it until this time tomorrow when the season is done & we have finished above the Chavs. 3rd place is a real achievement given the trials and tribulations we’ve had with injuries, no signings, moving grounds, coupled with the consistency shown in the league by the oil barons and the hubcap thieves.
Let’s see this season out with a bang, not a whimper, & go to Madrid on a bigger crest of a wave. I don’t want us losing another game in our new stadium, or ending the season there with anything less than a good performance.
COYS

My prediction is a fairly ropey start to the game and we go 1 down to a defensive mix up however, we soon get back into it and really dominate possession before a brace from Sissoko with the odd strike from Llorente and KWP either side to ease us to a 4-1 win.

COYS!!

Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
The only thing better than Sissoko scoring against Everton would be him netting the winner on June 1st!

Hi boys and girls Everton fan here. Congratulations on your win against Ajax I got goosebumps watching it so it must have been an out of body experience for you lot. Just hope you batter the red shite as it will be unbearable if they win they all come out the woodwork. Both teams will be missing big players tommorow so I think it has a draw written all over it but I guarantee that if Jansen plays he will score. Anybody that hasn’t scored for a decade or is waiting for a debut goal is a nap to score against us.

Always got time for Everton fans, how the fuck are you lot so different from those bunch of cunts up the road?

I always thought it was something in the water up north but apparently it's just something at Anfield that turns them into a bunch of brain dead morons.

Anyway, good luck for the game, I think your assessment is probably right and I hope we batter them in the final as well, I hate them just as much as you I can assure you.

Also, it's funny you say that about VJ because players have a habit of doing the same thing to us lol!

Haha... that last line is definitely ©Tottenham Hotspur, lol! You guys have been great to watch recently, hopefully some sensible acquisitions during the summer will see the Toffees compete for a top 6 place next season.

I think it has a draw written all over it but I guarantee that if Jansen plays he will score. Anybody that hasn’t scored for a decade or is waiting for a debut goal is a nap to score against us.
Always got time for Everton fans...
Also, it's funny you say that about VJ because players have a habit of doing the same thing to us lol!
Haha... that last line is definitely ©Tottenham Hotspur, lol! You guys have been great to watch recently, hopefully some sensible acquisitions during the summer will see the Toffees compete for a top 6 place next season.
Ha... what's the Evertonian version of 'Spursy'.... "Toffee-ey" maybe?

Good to hear it's not just 'Dr Tottenham' that we all suspected was exclusively ours .... it seems 'The Everton Surgeon' has also been doing the rounds!

Best of luck for next season... I see the post match 'Park Lane party' is open to away fans too... I'm sensing there will be a lot of 'anti-Liverpool' sentiment on display!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom