The Mighty Spurs vs. Chavs FC (Away) :2nd may 16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hard tackles is one thing but that's not the issue. Dier for example is a hard tackler who sometimes goes overboard but I don't think any of us would moan about that.
What I do not like is the shit Lamela, Walker and Alli (and to a lesser extent rose, Vertonghen and Dembele to be honest) do. Unnecessary kick outs for next to nothing, getting involved in petulant bullshit which puts us in danger of getting someone sent off. It's just so slimy and not something I'm used to us doing.
How can the team see what happened to alli last week and not learn from it? Instead most of them say fuck it and start doing snidey shit which will inevitably result in more bans. This isn't the last game of the season ffs...we still have to secure second.
Walker in particular is the biggest moron in our squad and I don't think he'll ever learn to be honest. Love him as a player but he kicks out against West brom...then kicks out again...then throws fucking blood at an opposition player? I mean wtf.
It's Chelsea. I'd defend them putting Fabregas' head on a fucking stick.

I do see and understand what you were saying, from my position once Hazard had equalised, after Kane had just been hauled over by 3 of their players in the same passage of play I'd be fuming, I'd be thinking that fate wasn't on our side and would show my lividness by giving zero fucks about the opposition.

I wouldn't want us to throw anything real away in the manner we did yesterday, like a title or cup and then I guess it depends on how you view yesterday's scenario - for me, every things was over - maybe that's defeatist but there are only so many leads we can throw away in a season without me been resigned to it.... if only every game was Man City away.
agreed but we were doing stupid stuff at 2-0.
I dont think poch will want us to repeat that.
But who knows.

I can't be mad at the boys, we're a work in progress. The most frustrating thing for me is that we are now unquestionably a better team that Woolwich and Chelsea but have failed to register a win against them in five games this season. We've also thrown away leads in three of those and that's clearly a mentality thing.

It's clear where improvements need to be made in the squad. Another top quality central mid who can be relied upon to come on and steady the ship - Carroll, Mason and seemingly Bentaleb no longer cut it - there are rumours of a deal agreed for that Mehmet Topal so he could be the guy.

I think we need one more top draw attacking midfielder too. Of our four attackers, Eriksen, Kane and Alli are all world class/potentially world class - I think we need a fourth one of that calibre to complete the team.

Lamela has been much improved this season, Son has had his moments and Chadli has a goal in him but I'm not sure any of them can step up and be that crucial final piece of the jigsaw. We desperately need someone of the Hazard, Martial, Mahrez ilk who can commit players and actually beat a man. That one-on-one threat is what we lack most in attack imo.

That being said, next season will basically be N'Jie's first and Son should also be much improved after a year of settling in so maybe we already have the solution.

It's just hard to be patient when the margins are so fine and it literally seems like one top quality player will make all the difference and turn a few of those all too frequent draws into wins.

I can't be mad at the boys, we're a work in progress. The most frustrating thing for me is that we are now unquestionably a better team that Woolwich and Chelsea but have failed to register a win against them in five games this season. We've also thrown away leads in three of those and that's clearly a mentality thing.

It's clear where improvements need to be made in the squad. Another top quality central mid who can be relied upon to come on and steady the ship - Carroll, Mason and seemingly Bentaleb no longer cut it - there are rumours of a deal agreed for that Mehmet Topal so he could be the guy.

I think we need one more top draw attacking midfielder too. Of our four attackers, Eriksen, Kane and Alli are all world class/potentially world class - I think we need a fourth one of that calibre to complete the team.

Lamela has been much improved this season, Son has had his moments and Chadli has a goal in him but I'm not sure any of them can step up and be that crucial final piece of the jigsaw. We desperately need someone of the Hazard, Martial, Mahrez ilk who can commit players and actually beat a man. That one-on-one threat is what we lack most in attack imo.

That being said, next season will basically be N'Jie's first and Son should also be much improved after a year of settling in so maybe we already have the solution.

It's just hard to be patient when the margins are so fine and it literally seems like one top quality player will make all the difference and turn a few of those all too frequent draws into wins.

Mehmet Topal is an average player.

I dont want to give up on bentaleb yet.
I tipped him to be our captain in the new stadium.

If bournemouth would take him then id send him on a season long loan to them.
Howe is a good manager & gets his players playing good football.
He needs to be playing regularly. No point giving him a few cup games next season.

Anyone who thinks Lamela stamped on Fabregas's hand on purpose is stupid.
Anyone who thinks Costa isn't a cunt is one.
You don't know what that cunt is uttering. Nobody know what's been said.
2 mins in an he was at it.
Dier went up with him to head the ball. Dier came from behind. Costa had already jumped and Dier had his arms by his side and made a limp effort to get the ball. When Costa released he'd fucked up the header he fell forward holding his face ffs. Dier did fuck all. Yet the seed was planted. he was talking to the ref putting his hand up to his face and then checking for blood...cunt.

Here we go:

Those cunts were at it from the start, yet nothing is said about them. Fabregas kickng out at Moose after a dive, them Mikel fucking with Moose.
The commentators say Dembele needs to watch it? Not those cunts need to stop the bollocks.

Costa is a cunt. Fabregas is a cunt and Hazard is a cunt. Chelsea FC are a bunch of horrible cunts.
Anyone who feels ashamed of Spurs needs to look in the fucking mirror. These cunts have been doing it for years and lauded for it.
It's also ok for Man Utd and Woolwich to have players that are dirty serial red card merchants, break legs purposely and Karate kick fans but they get called legends?

Edit: Straight after Rose had a talking to, Costa went up for a ball with him and fell to the floor. Can't be bothered to do the Gif, but Rose did nothing.
Costa got a free kick for that and Clattenburg makes a mental note, ' what again, I just warned him'
Anyone who knows anything about football knows that's Costa's game. It's also Fabregas's. They know how to feign and cheat.
Yet, it's ok they are skilful players they should be able to dish it out but not take any kind of physicality themselves. How dare you.
Cabaye is like that too.
We would not have had as many bookings if they were not at it from the start. It worked for them as Clattenburg fell for it.

Last edited:

Lamela has been much improved this season, Son has had his moments and Chadli has a goal in him but I'm not sure any of them can step up and be that crucial final piece of the jigsaw. We desperately need someone of the Hazard, Martial, Mahrez ilk who can commit players and actually beat a man. That one-on-one threat is what we lack most in attack imo..
:baletroll: Ello! My name is Gareth

I really hate Chelsea even more after last night.

They are an absolute disgrace to the PL, they've been a shower of shit all season, have been rolled-over by a number of the so-called 'smaller teams' and their proposed new stadium is quite possibly the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

Therefore, how typical is it that they decide to put in a shift against us, to appease their plastic fans and help Leicester to win the league, which every other football support wanted to happen. I really hope they are fighting relegation again next season and I'm sure Conte will get the sack by Christmas.

So proud of our young team, who I'm absolutely certain will be even better and stronger next season. COYS!!

Last edited:
I've got mixed feelings about the game. Gutted that we didn't win from 2-0 up. I watched it from the Chelsea end and their fans were shitting themselves, with a little more composure the game was there for the taking. Having said that, seeing our lads kicking them up in the air was a consolation. There was a ten second spell where Dier cleaned out Fabregas and then Mason clobbering Hazard which will live long in the memory.

Back
Top Bottom