The Mighty Spurs vs. Chavs FC (Away) :2nd may 16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pochettino's Bastard Army!!

Going out swinging is better than going out with a whimper. Twenty-five years of meek Spurs has been eradicated in less than a year. Our boys will learn a lot from this game (as they have been learning all season). We were alone last night, the last club standing. The club the World didn't want to win, the club everybody hated, with cringeworthy fan basses combining their colours and badges, trading their pride and their soul's in an desperate attempt to stop us. Something that we have now got over them for the rest of our lives.

They didn't shrink, they over compensated, refusing to bend to the Worlds will.

I love Pochettino's Bastard Army!

Don't think I could agree more if I tried.

Pochettino's Bastard Army!!

Going out swinging is better than going out with a whimper. Twenty-five years of meek Spurs has been eradicated in less than a year. Our boys will learn a lot from this game (as they have been learning all season). We were alone last night, the last club standing. The club the World didn't want to win, the club everybody hated, with cringeworthy fan basses combining their colours and badges, trading their pride and their soul's in an desperate attempt to stop us. Something that we have now got over them for the rest of our lives.

They didn't shrink, they over compensated, refusing to bend to the Worlds will.

I love Pochettino's Bastard Army!
The analyst was so one sided it was pathetic, we decided not to lie down like previous teams, this team watches each other's backs and we are derided at dirty.
Leicester have been bullying teams , and it's a fairy story where Huth & Morgan have developed a new game called tag in the penalty area, buts that's ok ?

If we were to play like a bunch of thugs on a regular basis, I'm afraid I might. I like good, positive football, not eye poking, hand stamping or snot slinging.
We could play like aston villa crossed with 1980s wimbledon and I'd still love the club and think anyone hating us was a cunt.
We did play good positive football last night, we just showed a bit of immaturity and petulance when they equalised, but also showed it really mattered. Its nothing to be massively proud of but it shows the kind of commitment that I've rarely seen from our teams. How many times have we been noised up by shithouses like chelsea and gone out with a wimper, think about the cup final last season, just banging our heads against a brick wall of negative tactics, play acting and gamesmanship. The players like many great sportsman and teams before them realised things had slipped away and just lost it for a bit, and it was a derby.

4. Hazard went for Mason's throat after he tackled him. Wasn't shown again.
Exactly. I just noticed it after watching the tackle again. Not a peep from anyone and just shows how overboard people are getting about Spurs. If people want to criticize the match getting out of hand, fine, but this extraordinary finger-pointing our way is ridiculous.

Never thought I'd see a Spurs side so brimming with needle & edge. Some of it was a bit over the top, but fuck it. Those
Limp bastards got properly roughed up & it felt good, even though the result didn't go to plan.
Let's just hope there's no points deduction. Have seen one or two posts on here saying its a possibility. Is it really? It would be a travesty if that happened.

It's simple.. Chat Shit and get banged..

They got exactly what they deserved, been mouthing off for weeks, then when it came down to it all they had to offer was rolling around like little Bitches and telling tales to the ref.. If it is possible they made themselves look an even bigger bunch of Whiny Cunts.
This new Spurs side are not going to bend over like Spurs sides of old..

The referee is to blame, not the players.

The fact that Chelsea ended up with less than 5 yellows is ridiculous. The referee lost control of the game and gave Chelsea the majority of the decisions.

We were dirty but Chelsea were no better. We are the enemies though bevause heaven forbid a young, exciting football team challenge them.

I was checking out comments about the game last night and more often than not, people were bashing us for how dirty we were and how vicious we played. I also saw a lot of Spurs fans saying how embarrassing we acted in the game.

After watching that compilation again out of the context of the game, they really weren't that bad. I've seen games with far fewer cards and incidents in total, with far more dangerous tackling going on.

Maybe in future the little Chelsea Fairies will keep their mouths shut.
I wasn't one bit annoyed or angry with any one of them tackles.. I just wish some of them were harder..
It was men against little Girls last night.
One of them tackles, Dier went in full on, got injured more than the baby he clattered but got up and limped back into position while the little girl still laid there rolling around and screaming.

In every one of those tackles, watch how the little Babies scream and then run and tell the ref.. Surely they must be embarrassed by that?
I've never seen so many pussies in any one place.

In every one of those tackles, watch how the little Babies scream and then run and tell the ref.. Surely they must be embarrassed by that?
I've never seen so many pussies in any one place.
Something I can take from last night is just pity for the Chelsea lot.

Those are their players? All that money, all that talent, and the culture of the club has moulded them into a bunch of horrible, whiney, play-acting arseholes who were only motivated like this for a handful of games this season. I know we're suffering a bit from the 'opposition' we've had from neutrals - but don't forget that everyone hates Chelsea, not us. The first half of the season had everyone revelling in their relegation form.

Are Chelsea a successful club in recent years? Of course. But I don't support Spurs because I think they'll win everything and let me pretend my dick is three inches longer than it is - I support them because I love the club. It's so easy to see why a Chelsea fan's reaction to any criticism is "well, we've won stuff", because I genuinely don't think they have anything else to take pride in - in fact, it's the only thing that covers up what a shower of shit they are.

I apologise for using Woolwich as an example here, but let's cast our minds back to previous Premier League seasons:

Back when United and Woolwich were at their respective peaks, this kind of violence bubbled over in their matches because it meant so damn much to them. That's a winner's mentality. That's the kind of mindset that makes our players lose their rag when drawing at Stamford Bridge because they play with their hearts on their sleeves and for glory rather than just picking up a pay cheque and hoping Real or Barcelona come in for them.

It sickens me that our truly magnificent season, that may well end up in finishing 2nd ...at worst 3rd... will probably be remembered for last night... ('cos it will be repeated indefinitely by Sky)

We decided to use last night as the opportunity to play them at their own game... and kinda got found wanting. .. basically 'cos we didn't disguise it as well as they can!

It most certainly won't be what we as Spurs fans will remember it for. To the extent that it will, it'll be in the positive light that this match showed what we've seen coming all season long. That our boys have well and truly become men.

As for other fans and neutrals our season will not be remembered for anything at all, I'm afraid. The Leicester love-in is just so great that they'll take all focus from this season, and that we'll fly under the radar going into next season as well.

Chib1RGWIAAqPqy.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom