The Mighty Spurs vs. Chavs FC (Away) :2nd may 16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great work from Battenburg tonight to secure his place in the Jamie Vardy movie, true definition of the 'Celebrity Ref' that Cunt. Having said that though, fuck knows what some of our lads were doing tonight, although that Eric Dier tackle did give me a semi.

I'm sorry but this match was truly awful and I'm absolutely gutted. This was our best chance yet to beat the chavs in years and we throw away a TWO goal lead then proceed to stop playing football and just start battering them. And the person to score the goal : Eden fucking Hazard who hasn't scored in ages. Spursy is still very much alive and I wish it had died completely this season.

I won't forget about this match.

Going to need a JDK JDK write up (he did the last one right?) of just how Spursy this season has been in terms of finally finishing above the big four and still not win the title,top most stats and still now win,etc

I just made the horrible mistake of going to the Reddit soccer subreddit and looked at a thread about our 9 yellows. That cesspool is just crawling g with chav and Woolwich supporters looking to get a dig in. Everyone's shitting on us but treat Chelsea like they are the paragon of virtue. Disgusting.

Fuck it. Losing out to Leicester is still a better scenario than pretty much any other club in the division. Well done to them.

Shame on the Chavs tho. Play like cunts all year in the worst possible title defence & turn up for one night only. Or one half only. On a slightly different note, I enjoyed the needle & edge we showed. There is no soft underbelly to this team. Finish second this year & push harder next year. Make no mistake, as disappointed as we all are, this is a team to be truly proud of on so many levels.

Whilst I did enjoy watching our players kick the shit out of them, they completely lost their heads in the end. I suppose we will be fined very heavily. Things were getting so bad Terry was protecting Walker. Still, like WBA, we should have won and killed off the game when we had the chance. Oh and I hope Kane didn't give that cunt Fabegras his shirt.

Would have preferred just about any way to get eliminated from the title than that and by them.

This is my seventh year supporting Spurs. I have never met a die hard Chelsea supporter....just the plastic American bandwagon types. All I know is what I see on TV 4000 miles away and what I see is a loathsome gaggle of degenerates. Watch any match at WHL and you will never see the cunting off at corner kicks from us against the opposition. Maybe someone will make a joke or something but at the Bridge every corner we took was met with some baldy frothing from his toothless gape. Even the kids were getting into it.

Nothing wrong with having words but they just seemed pretty classless about it.

Nice to see us get stuck in against them even though it got out of hand.

Now let's just stay above the Goons.

COYS

Immediately after the match I was pretty disgusted with the way our players conducted themselves. However, after hours and hours of my phone blowing up with these fucking piece of shit Chelsea supporters throwing their little jabs out as much as they possibly can, I don't even fucking care if we had all 11 sent off on reds. I hope Stamford Bridge gets burnt to the fucking ground. Fuck that team & fuck their fans. Fucking pieces of shit.

What a day, BH Monday with Chelsea in the evening takes some doing but worth it.

I can't believe people think they can laugh at us when we have finished above them.. The chavs were true to form and celebrated as though thy had won something major, ah remember those days?
Thy couldn't beat us and still think they have had the better season.. If you want to see everything that is wrong with modern day football fans then look no further than that embarrassment last night. A club that think its one of the big boys were chanting another clubs name, shows how much they hate us finishing miles ahead of them..id be thoroughly ashamed if our fans were so shit that we had to chant another clubs name.
Their layers must be so proud listening to their own fans chanting another clubs name because of their own massive failure.
Compare their fans to how the best fans in the league behaved last night and you'll see the difference in class..We got behind our team like good fans should.
It was none stop even at half time.

As for the game and the result, we drew away to Chelsea and it's being treated as a failure, that shows where we are as a club.
I've been waiting for years to see a Spurs side with so much fight and fire, these players have been provoked for ages about this game, they've had to listen to whiny little Cunts like Fabregas and Hazard baiting them, and instead of taking it and ignoring it, the whole lot of them showed the spirit that so many Spurs teams in the past have failed to display.
They were acting all brave and tough going in to the game but when it came to the nitty gritty all they had was rolling around like little girls and trying to get players sent off, what an embarrassment.
I actually don't think there as a more embarrassing club than that lot.

There is nothing but a bright future for us and this group of players and Cunts like Chelsea and Woolwich better get used to finishing behind us..
It's so funny knowing that Chelsea's cup final is any game against us, that confirms that they are small time and behind us.
Their season highlight was drawing with us.... That says it all..

Next season we really need to win in high pressure situations.

West Ham
Woolwich (2-1 up vs 10 men and needed to hold on for 15 minutes. Couldn't do it.)
Liverpool
West Brom (1-0 up and needed to hold on for 20 minutes. Couldn't do it)
Chelsea (2-0 up and needed to hold on for 35 minutes. Couldn't do it)

11 points dropped, 6 of those from winning positions.

If we won even 2 of those games, I think we'd have taken the title. Every single time Leicester slipped up, we did too. I don't think we've entirely lost the "spursy" title and next year we really need to be walking away with wins from these games. Frustrating as the title could have so easily been snatched with a little more composure.

Proud of the season? For sure
Proud of the those 5 games? Not a chance.
Ashamed that we got physical at the end? Not at all.

And before anyone gives me shit; Would Leicester have slipped up tonight, 2-0 up?

70 minutes of sloppyness across across 2 months will cost you the title. 9 games, 4 wins, 4 draws, 1 loss during the run in, compared to Leicester 6 wins and 3 draws. The same issue we had all season; simply too many draws and an over-reliance on Harry Kane. I read a statistic the other day which showed how massively dependant we are on him, something like 80% of the games Kane has not scored in we've lost/drawn.

You solve that issue by buying another world class striker or better attacking midfielders or developing the attacking midfielders we have to score more. Hopefully we do one or the other in the summer. There simply is no other solution.

I think next season we will win the league and a cup, without much competition. Other clubs simply have too much work to do and too many financial constraints to do it all in one year and Leicester can't capture magic twice.

Would have preferred just about any way to get eliminated from the title than that and by them.

COYS
They didn't . We were never going to catch them .
The drain of Ropey Europey and balancing the team for the West Ham game was our downfall .

The Chavs are a cesspit of a club , a fusion of plasic glory hunters , fat bald EDL , BNP and
an corrupt multi billionaire parasite owner built on the pain of the Russian working class .
Without his money they are nothing .

The morning after. All I have is, heart felt pride for Poch and the players. No one can take this away.

Both Chav/Woolwich are shambles of a football club at the moment. They haven't served up anything for their supporters to feel proud about this season. Chavs players have failed to give the supporters their last big Euro night at SB. The Woolwich are melting over AW and envious of City getting Pep Guardiola.

We have a very exciting time ahead, a few decent signings in the summer, who knows what we can achieve.

COYS..... worship the club/coach/players and supporters :bow:

How on earth can people say we choked and bottled it???

To do that it would mean we had to be top, have it in our own hands and then let it slip at the last minute.. Just like someone like erm Woolwich did..they were top and blew it, we never were top so shut the fuck up.
Hilarious that people who support a team behind us can laugh.. Look at the table you Dopey Cunts.

Next season we really need to win in high pressure situations.

West Ham
Woolwich (2-1 up vs 10 men and needed to hold on for 15 minutes. Couldn't do it.)
Liverpool
West Brom (1-0 up and needed to hold on for 20 minutes. Couldn't do it)
Chelsea (2-0 up and needed to hold on for 35 minutes. Couldn't do it)

11 points dropped, 6 of those from winning positions.

If we won even 2 of those games, I think we'd have taken the title. Every single time Leicester slipped up, we did too. I don't think we've entirely lost the "spursy" title and next year we really need to be walking away with wins from these games. Frustrating as the title could have so easily been snatched with a little more composure.

Proud of the season? For sure
Proud of the those 5 games? Not a chance.
Ashamed that we got physical at the end? Not at all.

And before anyone gives me shit; Would Leicester have slipped up tonight, 2-0 up?

70 minutes of sloppyness across across 2 months will cost you the title. 9 games, 4 wins, 4 draws, 1 loss during the run in, compared to Leicester 6 wins and 3 draws. The same issue we had all season; simply too many draws and an over-reliance on Harry Kane. I read a statistic the other day which showed how massively dependant we are on him, something like 80% of the games Kane has not scored in we've lost/drawn.

You solve that issue by buying another world class striker or better attacking midfielders or developing the attacking midfielders we have to score more. Hopefully we do one or the other in the summer. There simply is no other solution.

I think next season we will win the league and a cup, without much competition. Other clubs simply have too much work to do and too many financial constraints to do it all in one year and Leicester can't capture magic twice.
Every season there will be games that could of and should of. There are factors to take in, other just than the result itself. I feel its wrong to look back and question. You play the game on the day and move on.

"And before anyone gives me shit; Would Leicester have slipped up tonight, 2-0 up?"
They may have never been 2-0 up?
We are different teams , playing different football. We can only learn form this and get better.

As for the game and the result, we drew away to Chelsea and it's being treated as a failure, that shows where we are as a club.
I've been waiting for years to see a Spurs side with so much fight and fire, these players have been provoked for ages about this game, they've had to listen to whiny little Cunts like Fabregas and Hazard baiting them, and instead of taking it and ignoring it, the whole lot of them showed the spirit that so many Spurs teams in the past have failed to display.
They were acting all brave and tough going in to the game but when it came to the nitty gritty all they had was rolling around like little girls and trying to get players sent off, what an embarrassment.
I actually don't think there as a more embarrassing club than that lot.

Spot on, we cant imagine the pressure the team was under. (it all came out in the end)

Their season highlight was drawing with us.... That says it all.

Yes agree, and when the season sinks in for them, they will feel like shit. We on the other hand can only feel pride and excited for next season. Conti no doubt with order some brown envelopes for the office:dwi:

Spot on, we cant imagine the pressure the team was under. (it all came out in the end)

Yes agree, and when the season sinks in for them, they will feel like shit. We on the other hand can only feel pride and excited for next season. Conti no doubt with order some brown envelopes for the office:dwi:

All those so called European superstars without any European football..
If that's not funny then I don't know what is.

Back
Top Bottom