The Mighty Spurs vs. Chavs FC (Away) :2nd may 16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Top 3 secured right? Best we ever finished since the introduction of the modern PL? (Edit: OK, if City get 6 and we 0 and they bag loads of goals/we concede loads we may still finish 4th).

We want more though. We won't be timewasting and cheating our way to a draw at home whilst singing for AVB as he leads fucking Stoke to the title next year. We are not Chelsea. They think they won something tonight, which is hilarious. I thought they were the defending champs?

... and now they call Poch "bitterly dissapointed" for making the most humble, generous statement ever to both Leicester and Chelsea, while accusing him of being the main antagoniser of the post game scenes.

I fucking hate those cunts. One no-good ex-pro who is convicted of street violence and one ex-DOF, who singlehandedly ran the one of the countries oldest clubs into the ground.

Calling Pochs behaviour suspect.

Sky sports are a disgrace. They have only sold the ' Leicester fairy tale' when it dawned on them that ( Liverpool excluded) one of their favourites will not win it.

Their sycophantic patronisation of Leicester has been nauseating in the last few weeks, indirectly casting us as the panto villans for having the temerity to build a young team playing great football and the sky masses, most of whom are to dim to have an opinion have brought into this hook line and sinker.

Fair play to Leicester for winning it, I have no complaints, you don't fluke your way to a title, but we have been at a disadvantage for the last month. Always playing catch up.

Clattenburg had a terrible game. How Dier avoided his second yellow is a bigger mystery than how Leicester managed to win the title :levylol:
walker, rose, dembele, lamela & dier all could have been off. Match abandoned

You could really tell the passion from our players, I can't wait to see what we'll achieve next season

Indeed, the days of Ferguson's lads, it's Tottenham are complete buried after today. I love our fight and our dirty side. Three years ago we would have completely crumpled in this match.

Having said that. There's being a tough outfit that takes no shit and no prisoners. And there's being badly disciplined. The very next match after losing a key player to a 3 match ban after an off the ball incident, then three potential red cards for off the ball things is just too fucking much. Also the headless tackles after their goal. It's fine and even good with crunching tackles to break up opponent attacks and putting them in their fucking place. But tackles with no chance of winning the ball, when we're chasing a winning goal needed to stay in the title race, is just plain poor.

Just as with all the many, many good things happening right now, it starts and stops with Poch. He needs to stamp this shit out!

Poch was a bit feisty in
I do think Pochettino will be livid with the players though. Vorm was getting in a fight with the Chelsea players in the tunnel and Pochettino was FUMING with him.

He won't be happy with how much the players lost their heads. We WILL learn from this though because Pochettino won't stand for it.
Poch was a bit feisty in his playing days but yeah we need to learn and Poch needs to guide them. Put that down to experience and learning for this young squad.

It's a sobering realization that we just secured Champions League at the Lane for only the second time (don't remind me about that debacle where 4th suddenly wasn't good enough) and we are all bitterly disappointed. Happy days ahead!

True mate, too many draws in games we dominated.

Leicester away we took the lead with 5 minutes to go and didn't win the game.
Home and away draws against Woolwich, Scouse scum, Everton and WBA.
And other poor results
.... And I take comfort in that. To be this close, and know where we could and should have taken the additional points gives us hope for next year. Keep the team together, and we go again.

The great thing about sport is that right now, Leicester's romantic win is already in the past. It's done, and will never be repeated. Enjoy the bus ride, foxes.

Sky sports are a disgrace. They have only sold the ' Leicester fairy tale' when it dawned on them that ( Liverpool excluded) one of their favourites will not win it.

Their sycophantic patronisation of Leicester has been nauseating in the last few weeks, indirectly casting us as the panto villans for having the temerity to build a young team playing great football and the sky masses, most of whom are to dim to have an opinion have brought into this hook line and sinker.

Fair play to Leicester for winning it, I have no complaints, you don't fluke your way to a title, but we have been at a disadvantage for the last month. Always playing catch up.

This is all true. But to be fair, all they are doing is hyping and selling subscriptions. No different to a boxing title bout. That's what I tell myself, anyway. Just before switching off.

Back
Top Bottom