The Mighty Spurs vs. Chavs FC (Away) :2nd may 16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

even 2nd place finish is no longer secure.

I do agree with this part though.. Mathematically we have more chance of being caught than catching Leicester. If Utd win and we lose then it's gonna get very tight. We could end up 2 points ahead of Woolwich and City, then 7 ahead of Utd with them having a game in hand.

Obviously it's still in our hands which is the bonus.. But after all the shit I've given my 2 Woolwich supporting brothers in law I couldn't cope finishing below them after being ahead of them for this long.

I was really not looking forward to see utter drosses like Son, Chadli and co in starting lineup. They massively weakens our team and right now even 2nd place finish is no longer secure.

I disagree with you on the comments made about Son and Chadli. It's unfair to slate players who haven't had the game time like Alli, Lamela, Kane etc. Chadli has been one of higher performers over the past two seasons and Son is still adapting to Spurs and the Premier League. I have a lot of faith in Chadli.

However, 2nd place is under threat now. If we lose to the Chavs then we could potentially only be two points above the Woolwich and Citeh. I think one win out of the remaining three games will be enough to keep 2nd (bearing in mind Citeh and Woolwich and have to play each other) but I do worry that a Leicester win on Saturday is going to knock the stuffing out of us. I've worried about this for quite some time and I have to ask those Spurs fans who have been goading the Woolwich fans, " why don't you wait until things are decided?".

I do agree with this part though.. Mathematically we have more chance of being caught than catching Leicester. If Utd win and we lose then it's gonna get very tight. We could end up 2 points ahead of Woolwich and City, then 7 ahead of Utd with them having a game in hand.

Obviously it's still in our hands which is the bonus.. But after all the shit I've given my 2 Woolwich supporting brothers in law I couldn't cope finishing below them after being ahead of them for this long.

:pochrolleyes:

Don't shit your pants.

If Leicester win top 4 is guaranteed / if United win then 1st is back in sight.

It's literally a no lose game for us.

'Even 2nd place finish is no longer secure'

Natural response to start looking down the table rather than up it after a disappointing game. But I'll repeat what I said after the West Ham loss: this is largely a result-based perspective.

We hit the bar, hit the post twice, and I remember at least two clean shots that looked inches wide (from my seat at the far end of the pitch, to be fair). Not like we rolled over and lost 4-0.

We are 5 points (plus healthy GD) over City and Arse, needing 4 points from a possible 9 to secure 2nd; less if Arse/City draw.

Before Pulis's rugby team came and suffocated our game we had scored 7 in two games, conceding none. I get that morale will be low, but we have always bounced back hard after crap games, so I predict us to win or draw at Chelsea, and beat Southampton comfortably. 2nd will be ours before we go to a (possibly already relegated) Newcastle.

Chill.

Once United beats Leicester we will be up for it again (as if the lads wouldn't be up for it anyway lol). We need to secure 2nd or at least finish above Woolwich to not have our remarkable season be (too) overshadowed by fucking Leicester winning the league, United probably winning the FA-Cup and Pool probably winning the Europa League. I will not stand by this collective ignorance to Poch and the lads' amazing season :dembelefingers:

If UTD win it's the thought of Chelsea fans thinking they ended our season I simply cannot deal with.

Really hard to disagree. If one were to find the positive in it though, just think how it's become this way because it's the first season in a long, long time when our season's ending way later than theirs. They're clinging to the smallest victories because they've had a terrible season where their own players have shown their true colors as the slimey, sell-out bastards, they are, while our team have shown themselves to be real men with integrety.

Also if we kill off that last straw, they're holding onto this season, by hammering them, it's just a double thing of beauty. Especially leaving them hoping their own team loses in Terry's last match :walker-scream:

From Newsnow
Chelsea predicted lineup

• Asmir Begovic
  • Baba Rahman
  • Gary Cahill
  • Branislav Ivanovic
  • César Azpilicueta
  • Cesc Fàbregas
  • Nemanja Matic
  • Eden Hazard
  • Willian
  • Pedro
  • Diego Costa
Tottenham predicted lineup
  • Hugo Lloris
  • Danny Rose
  • Jan Vertonghen
  • Toby Alderweireld
  • Kyle Walker
  • Mousa Dembélé
  • Eric Dier
  • Christian Eriksen
  • Erik Lamela
  • Ryan Mason
  • Harry Kane

From Newsnow
Chelsea predicted lineup

• Asmir Begovic
  • Baba Rahman
  • Gary Cahill
  • Branislav Ivanovic
  • César Azpilicueta
  • Cesc Fàbregas
  • Nemanja Matic
  • Eden Hazard
  • Willian
  • Pedro
  • Diego Costa
Tottenham predicted lineup
  • Hugo Lloris
  • Danny Rose
  • Jan Vertonghen
  • Toby Alderweireld
  • Kyle Walker
  • Mousa Dembélé
  • Eric Dier
  • Christian Eriksen
  • Erik Lamela
  • Ryan Mason
  • Harry Kane

And Chelsea predicted line up against Leicester.

Reserve
Reserve
Reserve
Reserve
Reserve
Reserve
Reserve
Reserve
Reserve
Reserve
Reserve

Bench - more reserves.

No idea that was a link to a vid.....
Just a sad plastic fanTV thing, cringe as fuck.

Just hit em with this on twatter
200w.gif

Back
Top Bottom