The mighty Spurs v West Ham. 12.30 K.O - 27th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He and probably Foyth were our best players today.

No one kept the ball better, one of the highest pass completion rates out of any player on the pitch, with many balls forward that broke the West Ham lines. No one won more headers.

Not sure what game you were watching.
Agree with this, I thought dier did well, with too many players shying away from responsibility today. Rose too was at least trying.

Pocchetino

giphy.gif

Daniel Levy

836255586.gif

Our football team

200.gif

What about shit management who fucked Janssen off for two years then thinks he can come in and replace Kane?

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Poor decision making, passing and control in the final third. Too much dribbling into the feet of the defenders rather than hitting the obvious run.
2. Toby makes rare mistake leading to the only goal.
3. Thought Foyth was top class, MOTM for me.
4. Our counter attacks move at glacial speed. Me thinks this plays a big part in our lack of goals.
5. Jansen misses a sitter. Water is wet
6. NWHL has been breached. Fuck.

Last edited:
Knackered ! Really..then maybe we should have s bigger, better squad. Because this is the business end of the season where things really are won and lost..i have been saying all season how shite we have been, I'm amazed we are still 3rd..keep the faith or blind faith ? Just asking the question
Some people say we were right not to sign any one BUT now they are saying we are knackered!

I'll give you Toby, but I felt that Dav was involved in far too many blocks and in breaking up their attack for him to get too much stick. Because of him and Ben it only ended 1-0.
Toby has been like that all season, I'm waiting for the fanboy klaxon to go off. I see no reason why we can't improve on him.

Dav is still a bit rash, there was one he tried a Cruyff turn on Asnottybitch and then turned slower than the QE2. Plus he got nutmegged a few times and did silly wee things.

Can't believe what I'm reading on here. That was a shite performance but FFS! What happened to support our players when they need it? Apparently everyone was crap today, they all had their eye on Tuesday night, Dele and Christian should be sold (along with Dier, Wanyame, Sissoko - who didn't even play today - Davies, Foyth, Llorente, Janssen. Oh and Poch is crap cause he has no idea what he's doing with those substitutes, and anyone on this forum has far more knowledge about our players than he does, clearly) and we've blown our Champions League place, and getting to the CL semi has papered over the cracks. You know that chant that fans use - "You're support is fucking shit" - well doesn't that just ring true.
I hated today - every minute of the 95 or so. We were so poor words can't express. But get this - no matter what happens this weekend (in the absence of Chelsea beating Utd 9-0) we'll still be third on Monday with 2 to play. So what happened to the old cliche 'the league position never lies'. And not only that but we're still in the last 4 of the CL - that makes us at least the 4th best team in Europe by my calculation. And all that with an injury list from hell all season. And for whoever it was who said that wasn't our B team today cause who else could come in apart from Jan - well we were missing Trippier, Aurier, Jan, Moussa, Winks, Lamela and Harry Kane. That's 7 regular first team starters. And what happened to Sonny today I have no idea but he and Delli were just missing.
So whilst the players should all be ashamed of the result cause it was an awful performance, I stand by this team who have shone bright for me all season. Every team has had bad days - today was our worst so far - but if any one of those on here who call for players or managers head today can honestly tell me that they were expecting 3rd place and a CL semi this year, well you can hold your heads up and claim to be better than the vast majority of us.

Levy’s fault Pochettino would rather play CB’s at RB and midfield instead of academy players who are RB’s and midfielders?
Well, TBF to Poch do you remember when we played them at their gaff? KWP was brutally prison-sexed by Antonio all game. I have a feeling Poch didn't want to see anymore of that.

Last edited:
Toby has been like that all season, I'm waiting for the fanboy klaxon to go off. I see no reason why we can't improve on him.

Dav is still a bit rash, there was one he tried a Cruyff turn on Asnottybitch and then turned slower than the QE2. Plus he got nutmegged a few times and did silly wee things.
I have said for a while now that Toby is at his best with Jan. In part because he gets to be on the right, and in part because Jan controls the backline better. Jan makes his partner better. Just look at Davinson's first season next to Jan. Toby needs Jan so he can go more one on one. He doesn't seem able to lead the backline.

Great defender but with obvious flaws.

But oh well, what is done is done. Now we vent, unwind and recharge for Ajax. A game the players should be in it for.

Back
Top Bottom