The Mighty Spurs v Man United. 11/04/21 @ 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can you slap a player in the build up and score?

• Yes please slap me and score

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 71.7%

• Total voters
Luke Shaw has been much better this year, I wouldn't say best LB in the league and for me not better than Reguilon. At best it is a wash this year with Reguilon being much better prior to this season.

GLC ahead of Pogba for sure and equal with Fernandes.

Toby only doesn't get ahead of Dier and Sanchez because our manager is an idiot. He is light years better than Lindelof, it isn't debatable or close.

There is no overrating of our team just being realistic and not overrating United.
I'll tell you one thing, my dear man. There is a reason Alderweireld only gets linked with Dutch and Belgian teams these days.

I am not saying he is worse than Davinson and Dier. But his legs have been gone for years and he is useless at defending crosses/corners.

Luke Shaw has been much better this year, I wouldn't say best LB in the league and for me not better than Reguilon. At best it is a wash this year with Reguilon being much better prior to this season.

GLC ahead of Pogba for sure and equal with Fernandes.

Toby only doesn't get ahead of Dier and Sanchez because our manager is an idiot. He is light years better than Lindelof, it isn't debatable or close.

There is no overrating of our team just being realistic and not overrating United.
LOL

GLC over Pogba. Give me some of that herb you're on.

Who is arguing about close control?

Fernandes is a far more effective attacking player than those two as borne out by the stats. As Alli was 3 years ago - not sure why that's supposed to be a slur. The Alli of 3 years ago walks into our current team.

The original point was about a combined XI, if you want to believe any manager doesn't pick Fernandes ahead of those two go right ahead in dreamland.

Yes they are doing better because their team is better managed. We look like a fucking pub team, everything we do is dependent on individual brilliance.

And it’s not like we haven’t seen this story before (although not to this level). Look at Ramos or AVB then look at the same teams under Redknapp and Poch. Same players but night and day. Ndombele and GLC are top draw players and under a decent manager would be quite special but alas we have the dinosaur.

You see it with most teams. It's like they are trying to cod the fans/viewers into thinking that they know what they are doing.
True but surely these highly paid players and the whole back room tram of managers and coaches should realise there is no need to do it now with var around. I said in another post PEH has been doing this for a lot of games recently. I think it’s just laziness bcos they can’t be bothered to actually defend and rather hope for a linesman’s flag.

After 55 years of following the Spurs, why do I feel so depressed by this team ?

We have had worse managers and awful players but this is the lowest I have felt .

It appears that we will lose our best players and have to start again.

Last edited:
I'll tell you one thing, my dear man. There is a reason Alderweireld only gets linked with Dutch and Belgian teams these days.

I am not saying he is worse than Davinson and Dier. But his legs have been gone for years and he is useless at defending crosses/corners.

He is better than Lindelof which is the discussion here right now. He is also better than Maguire but that doesn't matter as well.

I am not sure, nor do I care, who is linked with. He is better than the vast majority of CB's in the league currently and would easily get into a combined team.

Who is arguing about close control?

Fernandes is a far more effective attacking player than those two as borne out by the stats. As Alli was 3 years ago - not sure why that's supposed to be a slur. The Alli of 3 years ago walks into our current team.

The original point was about a combined XI, if you want to believe any manager doesn't pick Fernandes ahead of those two go right ahead in dreamland.
I am not keen on Fernandes. He is weak, he is slow, he can't manipulate the ball under pressure, he gives the ball away too much because of poor technique. But the irritating cunt has definitely got vision/awareness in spades and the ability to provide game-changing moments, even if those moments don't often come in the biggest games.

He is better than Lindelof which is the discussion here right now. He is also better than Maguire but that doesn't matter as well.

I am not sure, nor do I care, who is linked with. He is better than the vast majority of CB's in the league currently and would easily get into a combined team.
Better than the vast majority of CBs in the league? I'm out. There is nowhere I can go with this.

True but surely these highly paid players and the whole back room tram of managers and coaches should realise there is no need to do it now with var around. I said in another post PEH has been doing this for a lot of games recently. I think it’s just laziness bcos they can’t be bothered to actually defend and rather hope for a linesman’s flag.
PEH was born with his arms in the air. He was doing it non-stop at Southampton.

The art of pointing is surely mastered in this club. But sissoko is the general of that. Still can’t believe how shit some of how those players are. Dier and sissoko are legit championship mid table players. What a pair of cunts

So what would it take for Spurs to reach top 4?
££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

....in a brown envelope, on the right desk, first thing Monday morning! :levyeyes:

The only way to go with it is to agree because it is a fact.
Honestly. His legs have gone, he turns like an aircraft carrier, he's not especially physical and he routinely gets caught under the high ball. Apart from that, he has got a nice ping on him. But I am going to take away some marks for the tatts and the hairdo. Oh. And being unable to conceal his delight when he heard Mourinho was taking over. That's right.

Last edited:
Apologies to Dier, it was the whole team...

... do they teach this? Raise your arm and forget to do your job?
1XDOn2B.png
Moura lo celso stopped hands on hips. Everyone else stopped hand in air. Joke

Back
Top Bottom