The Mighty Spurs v Man United. 11/04/21 @ 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can you slap a player in the build up and score?

• Yes please slap me and score

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 71.7%

• Total voters
The irony is... Mourinhos Utd team did the same thing to us at Wembley in the SF a few years back...
We went 1-0 up, they came back and killed us off, and played like cunts whilst doing it!

I hated Mourinho that day, but still recognise he did a job on us... I guess that ability contractually stops working the moment he steps into OUR dugout...

Perhaps that's where his "same Coach, different players" logic comes from!

WE were the cunts today... from top to bottom!
Yeah i remember that game well mate, even back then it was the same old story of a mentality issue, feels like a curse. Its beyond a joke now. Very tough times watching us at the moment. Hoping for a miracle but i cant see one happening. But still... i will continue to watch us no matter how bad it gets.

What was wrong with ndombele? He played a great ball through to Lucas in the middle from wide on the right after he was switched. He was still running around. I though PEH was more tiring he just let players run and barely made a challenge. This has happened in the last few years.
No idea to be honest, I thought he played very well for most of the time he was on the pitch. I didn't count, but when we gave the ball away it mostly seemed to be Hojbjerg and Moura not him.

Pogba was getting more and more time and space, that is partly because the guy is a machine but I guess whatever plan we had to contain him was breaking down.

All the players are wired up and I think they measure every stat in real time. They know who is still performing according to what is normal and who is dipping below.
I am only guessing though.

I got a message roundabout Hole 3 from my Man Utd supporting mate saying that theyd had a goal chalked off and then we'd scored. As soon as i heard that I laughed and thought, well thats it, we're fucked then as we know what Jose does when he's 1-0 up. So very very predictable

Not to piss on your parade as a master of physiology but you think losing two more games is the best thing for us going into a cup final. Because the low confidence, feel sorry for ourselves, defeatist attitude will work better? Never mind city not knowing our plan. I don't think we will if we wait til then lol!

I'd say sack him now and we might be able to salvage the wreckage of a season. Top 4 is gone but a couple of confidence boosting games might make a difference with a new manager and ideas. Sack him....sack him now.
I was joking.....but if we are sacking him I’d love to torture/punish him as much as we could, I mean he has tortured us enough right? So it’s only fair we get some retribution, so the only thing I can think of is fire him on the week of the final....Players would have one hell of a party and one hell of a go against City.....#Sackhim #destroyhim

Yeah i remember that game well mate, even back then it was the same old story of a mentality issue, feels like a curse. Its beyond a joke now. Very tough times watching us at the moment. Hoping for a miracle but i cant see one happening. But still... i will continue to watch us no matter how bad it gets.
Back then the difference was we had a group of players good enough who should have been winning things, but for various reasons couldn’t get over the line.

We’ve a mid table standard squad now who are less than the sum of their parts because of the manager at the helm. Can’t be complaining too much about not winning things and finishing Top 4 when we’ve so many poor players.

Instead of working to the ball, Dier raises an arm to signal offside, and Fred plays it by Lloris

Apologies to Dier, it was the whole team...

... do they teach this? Raise your arm and forget to do your job?
1XDOn2B.png

Apologies to Dier, it was the whole team...

... do they teach this? Raise your arm and forget to do your job?
1XDOn2B.png
They actually teach play to the whistle which if they had of done would prevented this goal from going in. But I'm not surprised this is the kind of amateur defending I've come to expect from this side.

Hes not excusing mourinho in that post. Hes quite rightly hammering the players!! No one should be excused that today

This is what he said:

Any new manager will be gone by Christmas.
We have a squad bar 3 or 4 that don't give a fuck.
No effort desire or will to win runs through this squad.
We have needed a mass clear out for the last 2 years a new manager will come in give some a chance and they will down tools like they have done for the last 2 managers.
They are a bunch of cowards who have no pride.

Any new manager will not be gone by Christmas
More than 3 or 4 give a fuck
There is plenty of desire to win in the squad
The down tools part is crap, but the clear out is correct
The cowards and pride thing is crap.

So he got one half thing out of 5 right. It is the typical these guys don't care enough BS rant that ignores skill and quality. How the eff does that dummy know who does or doesn't care? It is a weak argument that fans make all the time, especially those that thing they are the super duperest fans out there and everyone should go out every week and cut their own legs off to win.

Back
Top Bottom