The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen was starved of the ball because they closed us down repeatedly in midfield. So, in that sense, he was never given a chance to be invisible.

I think a fair observer would find that the game today was dictated by City and that they did indeed play well. Just not well enough.

Guardiola clearly had a plan to keep Eriksen quiet as someone pointed out earlier - and it worked.

You are entirely correct in that Eriksen was invisible tonight.

Your hubris should be tempered by the fact that you have playing this tune throughout Eriksen's most consistent displays for some time.

So you're correct in the same way that a stopped clock is correct. Not as often though.

Happy Birthday anyway.
Yes, Eriksen has been playing well, but in a game like this one today when we're under the cosh you might as well take him off. I would have done so after 20 minutes today and replaced him with Son or Winks.
Eriksen wil play well against Boro though.

Nope.

Have you not looked at the stats? Our problem was controlling midfield and mounting attacks. I'm not sure how Verts would've changed that.
Well we wouldn't have been so shaky at the back and we do like to play out. It was Wimmer fucking about that led to his yellow and Lloris' obvious discomfort which he didn't manage to shake off.

Today's result shows how resilient and hardskinned we have become. Previous Spurs teams would have crumbled at 2-0 down, but Poch has made such a tough team with a never say die attitude which was shown again today.

The 3 at the back today didn't work, whether he'll try it again at Sunderland with Davies in there or resort to a back 2 is yet to be seen. Having the FA Cup game is good as Toby can have a proper rest.

Worst that can happen is we drop to the 3rd tomorrow, still that isn't awful. We are well in with a chance of getting a top 4 place. That 2 years in a row is a great achievement considering our recent inconsistency.

Isn't that the same score Chelsea won by at Stamford Bridge last season?

I think it goes to show what a threat we have become to these "big" clubs that a 2-2 draw is a great result for them against us. If we spent billions like they had and only got a point against a team that has a net spend of £1M over the last few seasons I'd be fucking chuffed too. At least for City it might mean top four, whereas for Chelsea it meant nothing.

Lol, people saying we didn't get hammered or rolled over today.

Shots on target - 7 v 2

Shots - 17 v 6

We got hammered today and were lucky to get a point. You can't say "Yeah, we were lucky, we should have lost that....but we didn't get hammered". They could have won that game by a 3-4 goal margin, especially when Toby went off.

Players did well to cope with that.

I disagree. We got outplayed today. We didn't get hammered. A hammering is 4-0 or 6-0 or something. Not a 2-2 draw. They outplayed us but were shit in front of goal. 7 shots on target cannot be a hammering unless most of them go in. For our part, we were clinical when we got chances. But I'd still say we were outplayed today even though we got a point.

Eriksen was starved of the ball because they closed us down repeatedly in midfield. So, in that sense, he was never given a chance to be invisible.

I think a fair observer would find that the game today was dictated by City and that they did indeed play well. Just not well enough.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/69344

Check out his rating today, compared with his others. Not a great believer in stats, but my eyes thought he was poor tonight.

Yes, Eriksen has been playing well, but in a game like this one today when we're under the cosh you might as well take him off. I would have done so after 20 minutes today and replaced him with Son or Winks.
Eriksen wil play well against Boro though.

Let's get the Mackems out of the way first, eh?

This is a massive point for us. Man City were hugely motivated for a strong performance today. This was their night under the lights. They did play well but, with some hard graft and a bit of luck, we've scored two away from home and come away with a point. This will be hugely demotivating for them but should also provide a big chunk of confidence for us. Like Trump waltzing along to the White House, we should be bathing in glory tonight, irrespective of whether we've won the public battle in this one encounter. Thanks for the four points Pep.

Last edited:
No, he had plenty of the ball. His passing was poor - he kept passing into their players.

Games like these? Wasn't Chelsea a game like this? Are you so blind that you cannot see that his return to form, and us starting to put teams away 2, 3, or 4 is not a coincidence? I'm sorry but you're simply a WUM and a shit one at that.
You're a JAH and a DQ.

He goes missing in games like this doesn't he? Was he asking for the ball at any time? Did the game pass him by?
Get to fuck you utter pillock. He's been sublime in our run of victories, including beating Chelsea and some tricky away games. You are a plastic cunt of a fan, and a total bore of an attention seeking tosspot. Just fuck off and stick to the Mail online. Ignorant cunt.

Back
Top Bottom