The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tbf I would hate our team too if we had only gotten 1 point from 12 in the past 2 seasons against them, as well as having our unbeaten streak at the start of both seasons unceremoniously ended by the same team when skysports had already crowned us champions in October.

:pochohshit:

:walker-scream::walker-scream::walker-scream:

display

display
That push is a thing of beauty. Roy Kaeane took one for the team in a CL semi and is hailed to this day for doing so. Walking prepared do do the same for this team, it paid dividends. Prevented a goal and within minutes we scored at the other end.

Is this the foul that wins us the league on the final day of the season?

First of all, Sterling was in an offside position when making that run.

Secondly, if that would have been a penalty, okay, I'd understand. Ref would probably have given it, if Sterling dives. But to talk about a red card in that incident... if that would have been deemed as a red card, playing football might as well have been liquidated. We are not there yet, luckily.

Rose and Wanyama were class. Walker was a true professional.

City tried their best but it wasn't good enough.
I agree with Rose and Wanyama, and Rose was up against the mighty Zabaleta so was quieter than usual.
Walker is a very competent full back but he maddens me when he doesn't track back sometimes.
He did it again in this match. Unlike Rose, he doesn't go the extra mile.

Poor performance, brilliant result in the end though. At least another tough game out of the way. We have three relatively easy games coming up, things are looking good for us.

Yes, we were really poor tonight and City played better football and created more chances, but they only scored because of two gifts. We had to make and take our goals.

I'd say a draw is a fair result based on those facts.

Not our fault they cant take their chances, and that's what it's about when it's all said and done.

Imagine stopping Spurs from playing whilst playing out of your skin, no Vertonghen, Alderweireld getting subbed off, Kane anonymous, Wanyama at centre half and STILL fucking up a 2 goal lead.

C2uR29HXEAATnF0.jpg

Manchester City Etihad Stadium 105m x 68m
Tottenham White Hart Lane 100m x 67m

Agreed, Walker and Rose will possibly need a taxi to get around Wembley next season.....

Watching it on the box I thought feck me, that's a bloody huge pitch. And it's not because I've just invested in a new TV.

Must take some getting used to, so all good practice I suppose in prep for the Wembley move.

I was told a story once about Bill Nicholson, who said if the Spurs pitch was 2 metres longer either end, then you would see the real glory football.

200.gif

Billy From The Lane

Joined Today

No doubt about it, that was daylight robbery.. How you managed to get a point is baffling. We should be looking for 6 points against you but the 4 will have to do..Thought Walker was immense today, had Sterling in his pocket all game.
Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season top 4 is a possibility for you but i'd spend a bit more money first.

He was terrible until he went CB......what exactly did he boss in midfield?
The first half was a fucking pale blue tsunami

I agree with you. strange to see so many saying Wanyama was a boss, when he got booked in the first 10 mins and got mugged off constantly.

We were being over run and could have been 5-0 down in the first half, but our defensive midfielder was an absolute beast, was he? Doesn't seem to add up.

Edit: Wasn't booked in first 10, wrong player, woops

Last edited:
We are not playing well on big pitches against good opposition. Poch needs to sort this problem before next season.

Good observation that, it's so true. On a big pitch it gives the opposition too much space behind us. It's not a new problem but I've noticed that Poch eventually sorts these things out but it seems to take a while. Hopefully he will sort it out before next season, but if not then I guess it will hinder our start next season before it is sorted.

Watching it on the box I thought feck me, that's a bloody huge pitch. And it's not because I've just invested in a new TV.

Must take some getting used to, so all good practice I suppose in prep for the Wembley move.

I was told a story once about Bill Nicholson, who said if the Spurs pitch was 2 metres longer either end, then you would see the real glory football.

Camera angle, the TV view at WHL is fucking shocking. No doubt for as little as 30,000 quid a season you could sit on the camera boom at the new stadium....

Back
Top Bottom