The Mighty Poch Men vs. Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's the longest in the shower?

• Total voters
Vic looked very good WITHOUT Dier.

Those two lads needs to have a whole lot of conversation at training to ground out some delegations of responsibilities etc.

Looked class next to Eriksen after the Vince sub.

Slow starts bite us in the arse at the end of the season. Yet another draw that we should have won to complain about come week 38 when we wonder why we're not where we should be.

Was concerned that our England players might be a bit lacking in confidence after the shitshow that was the Euros. That only really seemed to be the case with Dele, who was really doubting his decision-making. Kane was just up by himself and looked stranded most of the game, so looks like it could be another slow start to the season from him. I think trying starting off the next game with him and Janssen could be a good idea to see if that helps.

Frustrating afternoon, but at least we didn't lose. I wasn't ever really confident we were going to win, we never seem to on the first day!

The new number 9 looks a baller. Strong and quick.

Absolute shite before the goal but after that we kind of found our feet. Dele Alli looked a bit off but he's young, they all are.

Lloris made a hell of a stretch with the same arm he bashed against the post for that one save to push it over the bar. I think he'll be back next match.

Positives: Janssen
Negatives: Alli Kane Eriksen

Dominated with our so called star players all having shit games. Not a bad result but highlights the need for options in attack when Alli and Eriksen aren't doing anything.

Worried about Alli. Think he's played like that for the last few months now. Disappears too much and was sloppy as fuck in possession today. Suprised he didn't get hooked for Onamah towards the end.

Ok result though so let's not be too negative (he says after being largely negative :dwi:)

Janssen is a player, strong as a ox like a Dutch Drogba only doesn't fall over and cry all the time.

For me we have lacked a player like that who can hold the ball under pressure and the rest of the team can play off.

Hopefully the Nije/Nkoudou thing can be sorted one way or another as I feel to go with Janssen we need someone with out and out pace and maybe a lock picker as well.

First half was woeful. Off the pace and looked jaded. I thought Rose was our best player all day. Second half we picked it up and improved slightly and should have won the game but Stekelenberg was outstanding. Dier and Wanyama were hopeless together. In the first half they were jogging around the same area, not picking up anyone and fouling constantly. Diers haircut too for fucks sake!!!! Lamela is not and never will be a top quality winger. Just cos he scores a couple goals in preseason means nothing. Kane and Alli look short of confidence but for Kane anyway once the first goal comes that will pass. Janssen looks good and next week against Palace we should play both. Not sure if Dembele is back but he needs to start and leave Wanyama in front of the back 4 and Dier on the bench. Overall a solid point and I think once the rust wears off we will be in a good position with a good squad to continue on from last season.

We are the masters of slow starts.

This.

2 years ago we were down to 10 men vs West Ham and needed a last minute Eric Dier goal to win.

Last year we looked sluggish against United, not bad, just slow and rusty.

Today we looked slow and rusty and took a while to get going.

We are awful at the start and ends of the season. It'll take us a good 3-4 weeks to even get going, just like it did last season. Considering this, a draw was quite decent.

First half was woeful. Off the pace and looked jaded. I thought Rose was our best player all day. Second half we picked it up and improved slightly and should have won the game but Stekelenberg was outstanding. Dier and Wanyama were hopeless together. In the first half they were jogging around the same area, not picking up anyone and fouling constantly. Diers haircut too for fucks sake!!!! Lamela is not and never will be a top quality winger. Just cos he scores a couple goals in preseason means nothing. Kane and Alli look short of confidence but for Kane anyway once the first goal comes that will pass. Janssen looks good and next week against Palace we should play both. Not sure if Dembele is back but he needs to start and leave Wanyama in front of the back 4 and Dier on the bench. Overall a solid point and I think once the rust wears off we will be in a good position with a good squad to continue on from last season.

Dembele still has two more games out, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom