"The Line"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Randomitable

Formerly Reptile_16
For the benefit of the uninitiated, "The [poxy stinking infidel] Line" works like this. Spurs cannot finish below the green line, on the basis that the teams below that point simply cannot accumulate enough points to overtake Spurs total right now.

Various other lines will be deployed as time passes, including a crappy brown showing the point that shows the highest position spurs can finish.

Before anybody points it out, I accept this is based upon the completely insane scenario that all other teams win all their games and Spurs lose all theirs (for the green one) or Spurs win all theirs and all other teams don't (crappy brown). Yes it is daft. Yes it isn't realistic. But it is The Line and it doesn't need your permission. So ner.

rw43er.png
11mahq0.jpg

Oh yeah and the one on the left is this season, with last season for comparison. :)

Last edited:
For the benefit of the uninitiated, "The [poxy stinking infidel] Line" works like this. Spurs cannot finish below the green line, on the basis that the teams below that point simply cannot accumulate enough points to overtake Spurs total right now.

Various other lines will be deployed as time passes, including a crappy brown showing the point that shows the highest position spurs can finish.

Before anybody points it out, I accept this is based upon the completely insane scenario that all other teams win all their games and Spurs lose all theirs (for the green one) or Spurs win all theirs and all other teams don't (crappy brown). Yes it is daft. Yes it isn't realistic. But it is The Line and it doesn't need your permission. Get used to it.

rw43er.png
11mahq0.jpg

Oh yeah and the one on the left is this season, with last season for comparison. :)

As long as after the 38th game that line is in 7th, I'll be happy.

Cheers for this RD. Will be fun to see it change over the coming months.

I note incidentally, our points total is worse than last season. So much for progress! And no, I'm not interested in 'transition seasons', I've seen them too many times. Easy excuse for underachievement.

I note incidentally, our points total is worse than last season. So much for progress! And no, I'm not interested in 'transition seasons', I've seen them too many times. Easy excuse for underachievement.
Seriously, shut the fuck up. All you harp on about is Sherwood's points tally. You're a bore. A repetitive senile bore.

Pochettino is 10x the manager Sherwood is, and always will be. Again, shut the fuck up.

When we still had to play Woolwich, Liverpool and West Ham.......all of which we lost

let's judge it over 38 games?

Seriously, shut the fuck up. All you harp on about is Sherwood's points tally. You're a bore. A repetitive senile bore.

Pochettino is 10x the manager Sherwood is, and always will be. Again, shut the fuck up.

You sound like a petulant 10 year old who's just been taught his first swear word.

Last edited:

While you might be right, there is pretty much no evidence to back that up right now. I thought Sherwood was pretty rubbish as our manager (no obvious gameplan, very cringey cult-of-his-own-personality) but what has Poch done that makes him 10x the manager? Certainly his track record doesn't suggest that (midtable in Spain, dismissed while in last position in Spain, midtable in the Prem, 7th with us).

God I hope Poch is as good as you say, there's certainly signs there that we're improving, but your outburst seems a little strong given that we aren't having a paricularly good season.

While you might be right, there is pretty much no evidence to back that up right now. I thought Sherwood was pretty rubbish as our manager (no obvious gameplan, very cringey cult-of-his-own-personality) but what has Poch done that makes him 10x the manager? Certainly his track record doesn't suggest that (midtable in Spain, bottom half in Spain, midtable in the Prem, 7th with us).

God I hope Poch is as good as you say, there's certainly signs there that we're improving, but your outburst seems a little strong given that we aren't having a paricularly good season.
Did you purposely leave out the cup final or what?

My outburst is aimed at Greaves using every post at the minute to besmirch Poch and big up Sherwood. One is our manager, one is not. We seem to have only just got past the constant Redknapp references.

He's blocked my anyway so I use it as a cathartic experience to swear at him, hence it being strong. Apologies if the language offends you.

Did you purposely leave out the cup final or what?

We won the League Cup playing the worst football in my memory under Graham, we won under Ramos.

If we'd played decent opposition in the League Cup I'd have factored it in, but we got through to the final beating Nottinham Forest, Brighton, Newcastle and Sheffield United. I'd argue that we'd have done badly not to have reached the final given that draw.

Us getting to the cup final was lipstick on a pig. We sucked in Europe but I chose to leave that out as well, not to mention going out of the FA Cup at home to Leicester.

We won the League Cup playing the worst football in my memory under Graham, we won under Ramos.

If we'd played decent opposition in the League Cup I'd have factored it in, but we got through to the final beating Nottinham Forest, Brighton, Newcastle and Sheffield United. I'd argue that we'd have done badly not to have reached the final given that draw.

Us getting to the cup final was lipstick on a pig. We sucked in Europe but I chose to leave that out as well, not to mention going out of the FA Cup at home to Leicester.
Dude, a cup final is a cup final. No matter what the circumstance, and it is definitely in the positive column for Poch.

Thought we were pretty decent in Europe. Especially considering it gave rise to a particular Harry Kane. Went out to a better side.

Also, results aside, I think Kane, Mason, Dier, Bentaleb, Chadli and Rose's performances at points this year can be attributed to Poch in a positive way.

He's a young manager, in the infancy of his career. The last thing he needs is poisonous toads like Greaves criticising at every opportunity. Jeez, he was suggesting sacking him in January. Fuck that.

lipstick on a pig?

who's this pelican calling harry kane a pig?

I'm not in favour of ousting him, I don't think he deserves that given there are some signs that we are better now than we were in the first few months of the season. However, I don't understand the slightly zealous support of Poch that seems to have sprung up.

It absolutely matters how we got to the cup final. I could be the 'shagger of the year' but if I'd got the title by shagging 1000 absolute mingpots then it wouldn't have been as impressive as if I'd bedded 5 top models. Seriously, if anyone had given you our run of opponents before the start of the competition you'd have put your house on us to reach that final. Conversely, if I'd said we'd go out of the FA cup after replay win against Burnley and a home loss to Leicester you'd be appauled.

The emergence of Kane via the Europa could be credited, yeah. But our performances in the competiton were not great and we were clearly 2nd best to Besiktas and even struggled at times against the weaker teams in our group. We have not had a good season.

Back
Top Bottom