The history of Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do hope you reminded him that pre Shankly. Liverpool had been in 2nd division for a few years and not even the biggest club on Merseyside.

Their first FA Cup win was a decade or so after Spurs had won it.

Nouveau riche back in the 80's
They had been league champions 5 times prior to Shankly taking over

Seriously - sickening as it is to accept, we can't even see their shadow let alone walk in it where silverware is concerned
Frightening record

They had been league champions 5 times prior to Shankly taking over

Seriously - sickening as it is to accept, we can't even see their shadow let alone walk in it where silverware is concerned
Frightening record

We'd also won 2 european trophies (Cup Winners Cup and UEFA Cup before they had won any european silverware - that is when both trophies were highly regarded and well before the start of CL).

So in total cups won we can't compete, but we did win things first, and that can never change !

What is the definition of a big club and how many can be called that? If you are talking about 3/4 then no we are not but despite ending up 4th last season we are about 5/6th in my opinion. Now Everton and Newcastle are in my opinion bigger clubs than say Leicester who have done well recently. If say 10 clubs were considered big clubs then both Everton and Newcastle should be ahead of Leicester and Spammers.
We have in the past won a number of trophies, have been an ever present in the Premiership, qualified several times for the CL, have a large support base which qualifies us as a big club.

We'd also won 2 european trophies (Cup Winners Cup and UEFA Cup before they had won any european silverware - that is when both trophies were highly regarded and well before the start of CL).

So in total cups won we can't compete, but we did win things first, and that can never change !
True dat

But isn't it a bit like boasting to the boxer who battered you in the ring, yeah - but I landed the first two punches?

What's done is gone, and is nothing but history (although they got to keep their European cup for winning it 5 times!)
The only thing that matters is who wins what comes next.

True dat

But isn't it a bit like boasting to the boxer who battered you in the ring, yeah - but I landed the first two punches?

What's done is gone, and is nothing but history (although they got to keep their European cup for winning it 5 times!)
The only thing that matters is who wins what comes next.

Not quite.

I'm not saying that Spurs have won the most silverware in the top division (First Division or PL) but I'm fed up of dealing with idiots (not yourself obviously) who think we have won nothing, whereas by most club's standards we have a decent haul and trailblazers in getting european silverware.

Like most I'm hoping we can add to that haul over next few seasons, and think we may have a real chance, but I'm not fixated by it

Not sure if anyone has seen, but the Collectormania event (3rd and 4th Sept) has quite a few ex Spurs there that you can meet...

Waddle
Ledley
Hoddle
Ossie
Ricky Villa
'Arry

Photos with them cost between £15-30.

Spurs original goal scorer extraordinaire - as good or better in his time as either Greaves or Kane !

Captained Great Britain to two Gold medals in the Olympics of 1908 and 1912 (edited).

A major reason for Spurs first ever promotion to the old English First division by his goal scoring and our captain

Last edited:
Spurs original goal scorer extraordinaire - as good or better in his time as either Greaves or Kane !

Captained Great Britain to two Gold medals in the Olympics of 2008 and 2012.

A major reason for Spurs first ever promotion to the old English First division by his goal scoring and our captain

2008 & 2012? :kanehand:

It's only a DAY AWAY!

Play both at the same time...

Thank me later!

Fuck my last nonsense post...
THIS ONE IS REAL.... 'cos I WAS THERE!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom