The history of Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi everyone.

I'm an (unofficial) club historian and have been looking for a page like this to join for a while now.

I was in close contact with Andy Porter our historian until his sad passing in 2014 and have spoken several times to our current historian the very modest John Fennelly.

I'm hoping to speak to many fans on here and any other historians on here over the coming weeks.

This my scarf that the May 1976 team signed for me. Spurs played Toronto Metro-Croatia in Toronto in a friendly. When I bought my ticket at the booth, I explained that I had taken a bus from Kingston (Ontario), and could I meet the team after the match. The accented ticket seller asked, "Jamaica?" "Sure, he said." Believe it or not, Eusebio was on the Toronto team. Spurs won 1-0. My scarf went into the dressing room, got autographed, and I ate a buffet dinner with the two teams. I was too awestruck to talk, but I did talk to Mike Stead right after the match as we walked to the dressing rooms. Steve Perryman's is at the end of the scarf.

Hi everyone.

I'm an (unofficial) club historian and have been looking for a page like this to join for a while now.

I was in close contact with Andy Porter our historian until his sad passing in 2014 and have spoken several times to our current historian the very modest John Fennelly.

I'm hoping to speak to many fans on here and any other historians on here over the coming weeks.

Hey Arcy welcome back

Anyway since we've done the niceties: do you think it's time Harry Kane was sold and a young replacement sourced? Consider Son Hueng min a declining player who is too inconsistent? Agree that Tanguy Ndombele should return and have the team built around him? Think Conte's inflexibility and short-termism make Graham Potter (a project manager ) a better fit for Spurs? Agree that Daniel Levy and ENIC have been the best owner the club could have had with the stadium their crowning achievement?

:adegrin2:

Black and white tellies, penny chews, flared trousers the first time around, playing marbles on drains at school, teachers who could beat the shit out of you, having to press a 'party line' button on your home phone hoping the other bugger sharing the line wasn't listening in. I could go on...

I’ve lived through 26%, but probably can recall from first hand experience about 20%.

Interestingly, in a decade the club will be 150 years old. I imagine there’ll be some sort of naff kit to mark the occasion.

DVc-rCeXcAE354k

P0.jpg

Black and white tellies, penny chews, flared trousers the first time around, playing marbles on drains at school, teachers who could beat the shit out of you, having to press a 'party line' button on your home phone hoping the other bugger sharing the line wasn't listening in. I could go on...
Please do go on , I’m feeling all emotional . I think it was the penny chews bit!!

Back
Top Bottom