The history of Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Black and white tellies, penny chews, flared trousers the first time around, playing marbles on drains at school, teachers who could beat the shit out of you, having to press a 'party line' button on your home phone hoping the other bugger sharing the line wasn't listening in. I could go on...
Please do go on , I’m feeling all emotional . I think it was the penny chews bit!!

Anyway since we've done the niceties: do you think it's time Harry Kane was sold and a young replacement sourced? Consider Son Hueng min a declining player who is too inconsistent? Agree that Tanguy Ndombele should return and have the team built around him? Think Conte's inflexibility and short-termism make Graham Potter (a project manager ) a better fit for Spurs? Agree that Daniel Levy and ENIC have been the best owner the club could have had with the stadium their crowning achievement?

:adegrin2:

Please do go on , I’m feeling all emotional . I think it was the penny chews bit!!
Three (3) channels on telly, Jubbly's, casual racism, Chippers and Choppers (depending on how big you were), Janet & John books at primary school, power cuts, the proverbial white dog shit (too much calcium in your tins of Winalot & Pedegree Chum, apparently), asbestos, shit haircuts, mum making 'hamburgers' with crusts cut off white bread slices, conkers, etc etc...

images

I'm a guy from Cheshunt which as you'll know shares a decent chunk of history with the club.
Aaaah, Cheshunt! I remember The Old Pond when it was a new pond.

What form/s does your 'historianship' take? And how do you hope to benefit from associating with this gang of escaped convicts?

What form/s does your 'historianship' take? And how do you hope to benefit from associating with this gang of escaped convicts?
Escaped?

I mean yes, absolutely, I’m not sharing a bog with a 6ft4 tatted skinhead called Melvin and what I really hope is a family of rats and not something worse.

Yes I'm not too far from the old pond.

I use the term historian as far as every spare minute, away from work and family life, is reading and researching anything and everything Tottenham Hotspur.

I'm a lifelong fan like many although the club will have many interested applicants as and when the excellent John Fennelly fully retires opposed to just part time now.

Three (3) channels on telly, Jubbly's, casual racism, Chippers and Choppers (depending on how big you were), Janet & John books at primary school, power cuts, the proverbial white dog shit (too much calcium in your tins of Winalot & Pedegree Chum, apparently), asbestos, shit haircuts, mum making 'hamburgers' with crusts cut off white bread slices, conkers, etc etc...
Music to my ears!! Haha

Back
Top Bottom