The crimes and delusion of ENIC FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We should revert to the nfl model where you only get your tv payout if your ground is over a certain % full each game. Probably one of the only good things about that sport

We should revert to the nfl model where you only get your tv payout if your ground is over a certain % full each game. Probably one of the only good things about that sport
but how would that change anything. Average attendances in the PL are very high. id imagine much higher than NFL.

but how would that change anything. Average attendances in the PL are very high. id imagine much higher than NFL.

Because it gives the fans greater power I guess. For instance if all spurs ST holders and a good amount of members decided to stage a mass boycotte over ticket prices or any ther issue then the potential hit to revenue is far higher than losing a million in ticket and catering sales

But its the fans in the ground that are the lifeblood and heritage of football. Or it used to be. But now chairmen and sky executives have decided different and taken it away.

At the moment it's not exactly the case, the boo-ing and general dissatisfaction despite the relative financial and competitive situation is a joke.

It often seems like the discontent comes from sections who resent that they can't hold the club to ransom - a stadium full of happy asian fans cheering without understanding why is better than a stadium full of angry booing fans who believe that their computer game CV out-qualifies the boardroom.

Yes, there's money to be made, but it also gets spent paying the wages and fees of expensive additions to the squad that everyone calls for.

At the moment it's not exactly the case, the boo-ing and general dissatisfaction despite the relative financial and competitive situation is a joke.

It often seems like the discontent comes from sections who resent that they can't hold the club to ransom - a stadium full of happy asian fans cheering without understanding why is better than a stadium full of angry booing fans who believe that their computer game CV out-qualifies the boardroom.

Yes, there's money to be made, but it also gets spent paying the wages and fees of expensive additions to the squad that everyone calls for.
The thing is that foriegn tourists account for a mere shred of the stadium attendance and are vastly outnumbered by the moaners, boo boys and noiseless corpses that so often frequent the Lane these days. They are being used as scapegoats, nothing more, nothing less.

The thing is that foriegn tourists account for a mere shred of the stadium attendance and are vastly outnumbered by the moaners, boo boys and noiseless corpses that so often frequent the Lane these days. They are being used as scapegoats, nothing more, nothing less.

No, of course.

Message I was trying to make was that despite the "passion" not being there for tourists, the place would be better with tourists than it would being full of boo-boys.

In hindsight when I said "fans in the ground" I was narrowing it down slightly.
But the fans that know the words to songs, and pass them onto the next generation, the ones that tell the stories etc. without that football clubs, and I mean every club not just us, loses part of its heritage, and part of its identity. In my experience they aren't usually the ones that are moaning.
The worst moaner I've had at white hart lane was an old guy. Probably 50s or 60s. Spent the whole game I'm the seat in front of me moaning tutting and complaining and it absolutely ruined my experience of the game. And that for me is the general template of the sort of annoying bastard I'd prefer not to come watch us. Because they just aren't enjoying themselves and that makes for an awful atmosphere in the ground. and unless you're in the park lane/shelf side corner, you can notice the atmosphere.
And that is completely different to how I remember games being when I was a kid in the 90's. The first game I remember going to was a home loss to fucking Wimbledon and I think i sat at the back of the Paxton. Which was the quietest part of the ground but I still remember people standing, singing (I definitely remember calling the referee a wanker after my dad said I was allowed to swear but only at football)

But we all know things have changed. I think it's for many reasons and we aren't going to all agree on some of them. But they aren't all big reasons. Simple things like the drum! When I was 4 or 5 the drum was fucking magic.
I can't think of a single reason to not allow the drum and yet Tottenham, specifically Tottenham, don't allow it.
With the drum it didn't matter if you were a first timer, a child or a season ticket holder. Everyone was together. A notion that seems ridiculous what with the infighting we have today.

In hindsight when I said "fans in the ground" I was narrowing it down slightly.
But the fans that know the words to songs, and pass them onto the next generation, the ones that tell the stories etc. without that football clubs, and I mean every club not just us, loses part of its heritage, and part of its identity. In my experience they aren't usually the ones that are moaning.
The worst moaner I've had at white hart lane was an old guy. Probably 50s or 60s. Spent the whole game I'm the seat in front of me moaning tutting and complaining and it absolutely ruined my experience of the game. And that for me is the general template of the sort of annoying bastard I'd prefer not to come watch us. Because they just aren't enjoying themselves and that makes for an awful atmosphere in the ground. and unless you're in the park lane/shelf side corner, you can notice the atmosphere.
And that is completely different to how I remember games being when I was a kid in the 90's. The first game I remember going to was a home loss to fucking Wimbledon and I think i sat at the back of the Paxton. Which was the quietest part of the ground but I still remember people standing, singing (I definitely remember calling the referee a wanker after my dad said I was allowed to swear but only at football)

But we all know things have changed. I think it's for many reasons and we aren't going to all agree on some of them. But they aren't all big reasons. Simple things like the drum! When I was 4 or 5 the drum was fucking magic.
I can't think of a single reason to not allow the drum and yet Tottenham, specifically Tottenham, don't allow it.
With the drum it didn't matter if you were a first timer, a child or a season ticket holder. Everyone was together. A notion that seems ridiculous what with the infighting we have today.

Definitely. This is modern football though.

Another side effect of modern football is often seen on this forum - whether it's computer games, or the access to information we now have, or even the ability to have an opinion broadcast regardless of it's validity.

You don't have to look far to find someone spouting bollocks about how this and that is/was crap, blame the board, sack the manager, sell the players etc etc.

It's like in the other thread - explaining the situation that occured when we were 3rd - for reference, anyone can look here:
http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/redknapps-contract-negotiation.2849/
http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/redknapp-i-vented.2596/

We all know how we felt at the end of the season, Redknapp cocked up the good thing we'd built up - I always felt that he was self infatuated and didn't want the next guy to do a better job. The England job no doubt was a big distraction to him. But we can dissect that season if needs be.

Form Before England Job:

LLWWWWDWWWWWWLWDWDWWDLWD

4 Lost, 5 Drawn 15 Won
62.5% Win Rate 16.67% Loss rate
50pts from 72 - 2.083 pts per game

Form after 8th feb, when capello resigns

WLLLDDWDLLW

5 Lost, 3 Drawn, 3 Won = 27.3% Win Rate - 45.45% Loss rate
12 points from 33 - 1.09 points per game

Form after May 1st when hodgson appointed

WDW
7 points from 9, 66.67% win rate - 0% loss rate
2.33 points per game
2 Won, 1 Drawn, None lost.

If you combine the results either side of the England 'Window', that's impressive stuff, and if people complain about some results being again uninspiring teams, here's where the points were lost:

Lost to Everton, QPR and Norwich.
Drew to Stoke, Sunderland and Chelsea (who had not long sacked AVB)

If you take the same results from the same period the previous year, they were a little sketchy too but the results read WWLDDDWDDL.

It simply can't be seen as anyone else's fault except for Redknapp - he had a squad which outperformed the whole league at every stage except when the England job was available. All that bollocks about spending £40m is utter shit, all that was needed was a manager who was focused on the job and we'd have had 3rd and finished above Woolwich.

Form Before England Job:

LLWWWWDWWWWWWLWDWDWWDLWD

4 Lost, 5 Drawn 15 Won
62.5% Win Rate 16.67% Loss rate
50pts from 72 - 2.083 pts per game

Just want to highlight this particular point and even though slightly off-topic - simply want to say those 12-odd games (bolded bit) was the best I've seen us play in a long, long time. Title-winning form, full of swag, great to watch. Aaahh, the memories . . .

Last edited:
Just want to highlight this particular point and even though slightly off-topic - simply want to say during those 12-odd games (bolded bit) was the best I've seen us play in a long, long time. Title-winning form, full of swag, great to watch. Aaahh, the memories . . .
i remember the 5-0 game against newcastle.. harry had got off the tax charges a few days prior, we smashed newcastle off the park at home by 5 goals, everyone thought something special was about to be born and we were going to run away with it. i had never been so proud of the team we had at the time. then the inevitable collapse :(

i remember the 5-0 game against newcastle.. harry had got off the tax charges a few days prior, we smashed newcastle off the park at home by 5 goals, everyone thought something special was about to be born and we were going to run away with it. i had never been so proud of the team we had at the time. then the inevitable collapse :(

Just remember this and never forget it: if there is a way to fuck it up - Spurs will find it

Hi JDK, at one time the vast majority of Spurs fans didn't want a billionaire benefactor, though I and a few others did. But the tide is turning, the vast majority is nowhere near so vast now, as people see it's the most realistic way to challenge for the 'big 2' prizes, unless you were already in the Big 3 of Utd Poool and Woolwich.

No, of course.

Message I was trying to make was that despite the "passion" not being there for tourists, the place would be better with tourists than it would being full of boo-boys.
I'd much rather be sat/stood next to a moaner than a tourist with a fat SLR camera

I turned up twenty minutes late and had missed two goals and would see us score three more. That says everything about that game. It was a perfect plea to Redknapp not to fuck us over.

Sorry to put all this down on forum.
I have been a PASSIONATE Spurs supporter since the late 70's BUT i am an aussie supporting from afar.
I have followed all the discussion about StubHub and while i well understand the effect on prices paid and feel it is unfair/unjust for fans to pay well over the face value.
Now i confess - i went to see "the old lady" for the first time last sept/oct. Now for me a non-member but a o/s supporter club member (ozspurs) i NEEDED to get a ticket - my options to become a bronze/lillywhite member plus trying to get a ticket was a non option, the best way for me was to go hospitality and Cooks, i did not use Stubhub but would have if i did not get tix via the other options. Yes i paid heavy but for an o/s supporter it was a "have to" - by the way i am not ASIAN. It bothers me that the thread of asians taking seats is not something that should be used to put down Stubhub.
Why is it that season ticket holders list the prices well above face value ? Fact we need a fair ticket exchange process, if that means a cap on prices, maybe.
Summary - raising the stubhub issue is good but don't blame the "o/s visitors" - some of us are mad Tottenham. I watch the games every week anywhere from 11pm to 5am. I hope the profile you raise will stimulate discussion with Levy/SH/FC for a fair and workable outcome.

I hope the profile you raise will stimulate discussion with Levy/SH/FC for a fair and workable outcome.

I think we are all hoping for this and TFC are doing a great job alongside other Spurs groups to promote and encourage the debate. The problem is without a big enough show of discontent the club won't really take notice... Our general apathy and lethargy on this topic is another symptom of the modern world, it's far easier for us to shout at the internet rather than get up and do something to make ourselves heard.

Levy & Co certainly do not read the forums or even twitter to gather the changing mood of us plebs. For them to notice it has to hit mainstream media, something that would demand a response from the club. Even then I think it would be 50/50 that they would bother.

Here's hoping Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, Thunderclap ho! brings some results.

No my point was how much did we pay. He said they're expensive right? Well harry kane, andros Townsend Aaron lennon Michael dawson, Jermain Defoe and Danny rose. How much did they cost us? Less than the price of a soldado I'd wager.

If we're going to be shit I'd rather not we pay 100 million for the privilege

Just going to put it out there. We are not alone in signing players who then turn out to be pretty crap.

Liverpool an renowned for it.

Just a few from this season:

Andreas Cornelius
jovetic
Victor Moses
Arouna Koné
Aspas
Osvaldo
Fellaini
Florian Marange
Altidore

Wank players are signed often. You just have to deal with it and try and shift them to West Ham for 15million.

Back
Top Bottom