The crimes and delusion of ENIC FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

unfortunately malaga looks like the exception and not the rule

also I think man city has went about things different than chelski and with far more class tbh plus as far as their yearly losses they've been making huge progress lowering them

I guess at the end of the day I'd rather we had owners who had the ambition to win things first and foremost like the sheik and not who's main ambition was to turn a profit while lining their own pockets like levy and co. Man city is about winning and becoming the biggest most attractive football club around which is enviable tbh while Tottenham is about turning a profit.
Malaga are in terms of the size of the club and their fall from grace as they made very good progress in a short space of time. Many other clubs have been suspended due to their overspending - making it pointless as no doubt their goal was European football. Hadjuk Split, Rapid Bucharest, Dinamo Bucharest, Partizan Belgrade - all banned. FFP will make or break when it comes to the City's, PSG's, Real Madrid's.

Lowering losses from £90m to £50m. FIFTY MILLION POUNDS IN ONE YEAR!! That's £136,986/day. Practically a million pound a week. As someone who works in business, that is just simply mind-boggling. And to a degree, almost unacceptable!

Why do you think Sheikh wants to win things? Because he's a City fan? No - to turn a profit!! Just on a much larger scale than Spurs. Why have the created a team in the MLS and purchased a poor Australian team? Because they see the long-term financial gains - not because he supports Melbourne Heart! They are clever guys, business-savvy, marketing genius's. They wouldn't think twice about ditching them if a better opportunity arose. If Bayern Munich or Real Madrid came up for a good price, they'd be clambering over each other at the auction! Bigger brand, better history. Half their job would be done for them.

It was no coincidence they bought a club in Manchester. Likewise created a team in New York and bought in Melbourne. Big cities, with lots of potential. All those decisions were with business, and profit, in mind. Otherwise they'd own Grimsby Town, Alabama Hicks & Central Australian Desert Rats.

Last edited:
When did I suggest otherwise?

You seem to have a problem with the club's attitude towards our fanbase in general, fair enough - but what is the proposed solution here?

You say that but then earlier you said you want us to earn loads of money however possible so we can buy the best players.
Btw, Really, isn't that a selfish view? Sod everything else, you want to be entertained by watching sexy football on TV for 90 minutes.
Don't get me wrong. I LIKE that we have the money to be competitive. But winning the premier league isn't the be all and end all of English football. There's 3 leagues below it. And countless non-league leagues below that.

But anyway, your question. I have a problem with many aspects of thfc right now. The treatment of fans is one of them yes. How would I like it solved. Ideally taking the German root of fan ownership. How about 10'000 fans voting on decisions, and being allowed to express an opinion. Instead of people who never get seen and never say anything deciding in secret. And then some poor kid who's job it is to post videos of Holtby taking penalties on twitter getting the flack because it's our only real way of Communicating with the club. Despite it being utterly futile.

You say that but then earlier you said you want us to earn loads of money however possible so we can buy the best players.
Btw, Really, isn't that a selfish view? Sod everything else, you want to be entertained by watching sexy football on TV for 90 minutes.
Don't get me wrong. I LIKE that we have the money to be competitive. But winning the premier league isn't the be all and end all of English football. There's 3 leagues below it. And countless non-league leagues below that.

But anyway, your question. I have a problem with many aspects of thfc right now. The treatment of fans is one of them yes. How would I like it solved. Ideally taking the German root of fan ownership. How about 10'000 fans voting on decisions, and being allowed to express an opinion. Instead of people who never get seen and never say anything deciding in secret. And then some poor kid who's job it is to post videos of Holtby taking penalties on twitter getting the flack because it's our only real way of Communicating with the club. Despite it being utterly futile.
No - I said that if we want to have good players we need to turn profit to pay them. etc.

I also doubt we'd win the league in my lifetime unless someone takes over and pulls a Shitty, which in many ways would be a hollow achievement as far as I'm concerned.

As for the German business model - sound great, but is that really sustainable in England?

Lowering losses from £90m to £50m. FIFTY MILLION POUNDS IN ONE YEAR!! That's £136,986/day. Practically a million pound a week. As someone who works in business, that is just simply mind-boggling. And to a degree, almost unacceptable!

Why do you think Sheikh wants to win things? Because he's a City fan? No - to turn a profit!! Just on a much larger scale than Spurs. Why have the created a team in the MLS and purchased a poor Australian team? Because they see the long-term financial gains - not because he supports Melbourne Heart! They are clever guys, business-savvy, marketing genius's. They wouldn't think twice about ditching them if a better opportunity arose. If Bayern Munich or Real Madrid came up for a good price, they'd be clambering over each other at the auction! Bigger brand, better history. Half their job would be done for them.

It was no coincidence they bought a club in Manchester. Likewise created a team in New York and bought in Melbourne. Big cities, with lots of potential. All those decisions were with business, and profit, in mind. Otherwise they'd own Grimsby Town, Alabama Hicks & Central Australian Desert Rats.

200 mil to 90 mil to 50 mil so yes they are making HUGE progress on that front

they'll never turn a profit on their man city invest but Enic regularly do on THFC

mate you are a young mug but you'll grow up someday

the only difference between us and city is their owners are far better at business than ours hence they can pump far more money into football and it doesn't affect them at all

they use football for advertisement lol enic uses it to fleece football fans

Arcspacenough77593 said:
No - I said that if we want to have good players we need to turn profit to pay them. etc.

I also doubt we'd win the league in my lifetime unless someone takes over and pulls a Shitty, which in many ways would be a hollow achievement as far as I'm concerned.

As for the German business model - sound great, but is that really sustainable in England?
Two things. One, I'd rather have 11 tottenham supporting 22 year olds youth academy players. Than 11 jonny foreigners on half a million a week. When football is a battle of who can pay the best players the most, it becomes entirely pointless. It's like playing fifa on amateur and transferring all the messi's Ronaldos neymars and bales into your team before you start A season. Then any passion is forced. It's paid for.

Second is it sustainable. Well what do you mean. The Germans are doing fine.
Living within ones means will always be sustainable. We're the ones choosing to risk millions and millions of pounds. In the hope of making top 4 and therefore attracting more money. We didn't have to spend 100 million in the summer. We could have kept it. And been up 100 mill. That could last us for the next 10 years. We could have halved ticket prices. Etc. I wouldn't necessarily have chosen to spoil ourselves with mink fur coats when a cheap primark hoodie would have done.
Whos done better so far this season andros Townsend or Erik Lamela.

well tbf Lamela has 1 goal and 3 assists this season to Townsends 2 goals and 0 assists. Townsend has started 15 games to Lamelas 10

English hype machine aside an all they've both not been great

as far as the Germans go they could use a city and/or chelski to improve the competativeness of their largely one horse race I mean fuckn Bayern got Gotze and Lewandowski off Dortmund lol good bye competition

Two things. One, I'd rather have 11 tottenham supporting 22 year olds youth academy players. Than 11 jonny foreigners on half a million a week. When football is a battle of who can pay the best players the most, it becomes entirely pointless. It's like playing fifa on amateur and transferring all the messi's Ronaldos neymars and bales into your team before you start A season. Then any passion is forced. It's paid for.

Second is it sustainable. Well what do you mean. The Germans are doing fine.
Living within ones means will always be sustainable. We're the ones choosing to risk millions and millions of pounds. In the hope of making top 4 and therefore attracting more money. We didn't have to spend 100 million in the summer. We could have kept it. And been up 100 mill. That could last us for the next 10 years. We could have halved ticket prices. Etc. I wouldn't necessarily have chosen to spoil ourselves with mink fur coats when a cheap primark hoodie would have done.
Whos done better so far this season andros Townsend or Erik Lamela.

As usual the xenophobic comments. We might as well ship out Vertonghen and lloris for 11 micheal dawsons.

Yes lets focus on a british core and ignore the fact that:

1) They are far too expensive : Andy Carroll,Downing,Ince and the list goes on and on
2) Due to shit grass roots football there isn't much talent except one dimensional players with a lack of creativity and technical ability.Thats why some people think jack whilshere is Xavi.
3)Trigger happy Daniel levy couldn't even wait a split second for a match to light up before throwing the box out the window. Instant results business, refusal to have any gelling or transistion phase. It is obvious from the mismanagement of Lamela and Holtby.

As usual the xenophobic comments. We might as well ship out Vertonghen and lloris for 11 micheal dawsons.
Please explain how this is xenophobic. It's not the foreigners themselves I have issue with. More the fact that we're paying ridiculous amounts to get them here. To play for a club that means nothing To them.

Please explain how this is xenophobic. It's not the foreigners themselves I have issue with. More the fact that we're paying ridiculous amounts to get them here. To play for a club that means nothing To them.

Danny Rose and Townsend, said that they were out the door if they aren't in spurs x11 this season. gareth Bale fckd off.Defoe has been moaning the last few years about being on the bench.Rooney is on a salary of 250k. I honestly do not see any difference between english vs foreign in that respect.

yeah but usually it's foreign money being used to buy these foreign players

the premier league was set up to be like this so don't get mad at the foreigners get mad at the big EPL and Sky execs who are likely mostly English

mate you are a young mug but you'll grow up someday
And the debate turns sour. You express your opinion, I express mine, you essentially call me an immature kid.

Yet the irony is, you're the one that comes across as one when you say such things.

Yes lets focus on a british core and ignore the fact that:

1) They are far too expensive : Andy Carroll,Downing,Ince and the list goes on and on
2) Due to shit grass roots football there isn't much talent except one dimensional players with a lack of creativity and technical ability.Thats why some people think jack whilshere is Xavi.
3)Trigger happy Daniel levy couldn't even wait a split second for a match to light up before throwing the box out the window. Instant results business, refusal to have any gelling or transistion phase. It is obvious from the mismanagement of Lamela and Holtby.
Isn't the argument constantly given that spending millions to import foreign stars instead of on nurturing young talent that's killing the game. I'd feel much warmer towards our national team if my favourite tottenham players were in it.
Also, look at teams like dortmund and the rest of the German league. Or the brazilian league. Teams full of home grown lads. Yeah, they might not be the best leagues but do you think that makes the fans enjoy it any less? South American derbies are well known and famous for atmosphere. Even in places like Italy. Again known for its faith in young homegrown talent. Fierce derbies on and off the field.

Buying in foreign talent isn't the only way to do it. In fact the premier league is the worst for it and we're suffering the consequences.

And expensive? How much did we pay for the guy who equalised against hull in the cup in injury time. Or that tottenham player that scored on his England debut? How about our current longest serving England players? Current captain? Or that guy that recently became our leading European goalscorer? Or the guy that got voted pfa young player of the year season before last. Or even the little English kid that scored against Woolwich on his premier league debut.

Danny Rose and Townsend, said that they were out the door if they aren't in spurs x11 this season. gareth Bale fckd off.Defoe has been moaning the last few years about being on the bench.Rooney is on a salary of 250k. I honestly do not see any difference between english vs foreign in that respect.
No my point was how much did we pay. He said they're expensive right? Well harry kane, andros Townsend Aaron lennon Michael dawson, Jermain Defoe and Danny rose. How much did they cost us? Less than the price of a soldado I'd wager.

If we're going to be shit I'd rather not we pay 100 million for the privilege

When did I suggest otherwise?

You seem to have a problem with the club's attitude towards our fanbase in general, fair enough - but what is the proposed solution here?
Seeing as you seem to disagree with me let me ask you a question. What do you think Enic intends to do with tottenham? What do you think their ideal ultimate goal is. And taking that into consideration, how do you think that in turn reflects on the club And what positive or negative repercussions does it give.

Quick, everyone grab your torches and pitchforks!

tumblr_mfyr3swKPg1qf5do9o1_400.gif

Seeing as you seem to disagree with me let me ask you a question. What do you think Enic intends to do with tottenham? What do you think their ideal ultimate goal is. And taking that into consideration, how do you think that in turn reflects on the club And what positive or negative repercussions does it give.
To sell up for a massive profit - been fearing that for quite some time now

ArcspacE said:
To sell up for a massive profit - been fearing that for quite some time now
I think the fact theyre an investment company says it all. Having us is great for the brand. They can put pictures on there website. Meet clients at the Lane. Invite them to matches.
For as long as it's beneficial to have the club on the books, it's fine.
But as soon as it isn't a convenience. And soon as we become more trouble than we're worth. Then they'll want rid.

And what looks better to potential buyers. 30 thousand loyal fans. Or OVER 10 MILLION FANS WORLDWIDE PROVIDING INCOME OF 300 MILLION. Or however much it is.

That's why overseas fans are held in such high regard. Fan clubs in over 50 countries is far more appealing than 3 pubs in Haringey full of pissed up football fans.

But its the fans in the ground that are the lifeblood and heritage of football. Or it used to be. But now chairmen and sky executives have decided different and taken it away.

They've stolen something from us that we made. And i include every type of fan in that. And now they're selling it back to us.

I feel like Ive had my eldest child taken away from me and am now renting him out to raise him. Knowing full well if i stop paying some other family will take my place.

So I'd like a system where that isn't the case.

Back
Top Bottom