The Blame Game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who shoulders the blame?

• Total voters
Everyone is at fault for us not being in the top 4-- too many challenges to surmount in one season. As to who I'd blame for producing the lackluster, heartless results that piss all of us off? The players.

all the talent in the world wasted because of compounding gutless performances and bad attitudes. Mentally weak, no true leaders.

I mean, seriously, let's not dance around it anymore, those who have worn the armband this season (sans Walker and Friedel) are just plain soft. Dawson is supposed to be the guy who leads our team on the field? Seriously? Know a lot of you like the guy, but he's as soft as they fuckin come. Yeah, he'll take a few shots to the head over the course of a season, but when the hell has he ever looked like he was actually rousing the squad? Kaboul doesn't seem mentally capable of handling the game yet, as he's been injured too many seasons in a row, Lennon seems like a nervous wreck who doesn't want to run at anyone and Jan doesn't even act like he wants to be here.

it got tough, and instead of someone shouldering the weight, everyone backed the hell away.

Here's a comparison of shot selection this season under AVB and under TS:
http://www.statsbomb.com/2014/02/tottenham-lucky-tim-sherwood-and-why-results-can-be-misleading/

Very interesting. So under Sherwood there has been less long shot taking and more percentage based action in the box but less shots overall. It certainly shows that Sherwood was to some extent lucky, but it fails to take into account that most of our goals in the Sherwood era at that point came from Adebayor (8 of 15 goals not including set pieces and own goals). While it wasn't exactly rocket science, it was his choice to restore Adebayor to the side which did lead to our initial uptick in form and correlates with the vast increase in chance conversion. Also shows an interesting tactical change to decrease the more speculative shots.

It will be pretty interesting to see how we finish the season. We have been able to do alright under Sherwood against lower level competition. Will be an indicator of if our recent form shows that the wheels have totally come off or just that our team/managers can't cope with higher level competition. Doesn't matter too much as Tim is a lame duck but have to keep myself as interested as possible somehow.

Last edited:
Where we find ourselves at this stage of the season and in the current form we are in. I would consider it to be a Brilliant season.......If Wigan turn-over Woolwich and Everton pip them to 4th place!:D

Point being, I,m more concerned what Wigan do and the next half-a-dozen Everton results, than I am about my beloved Spurs. Sad but true! This seasons fiasco has left me feeling like I,v been kicked in the bo*loc*s by a deep sea divers boot!

I believe he was only paid four months worth of wages. Or maybe even nothing at all. But definitely not £4m.

Hm. I was under the impression that we've been much more active inside the box this season than you make it out to be. CJJ CJJ do you have a graph to confirm (or deny) it?

I know, I sort of made it up.

If he didn't get paid much, it lends further weight to the "AVB wasn't sacked" thing I guess (and also explains the timing of the Zenit job being accepted)

Lennon seems like a nervous wreck who doesn't want to run at anyone and Jan doesn't even act like he wants to be here.

On the contrary, Lennon pisses me off because he can't help but run directly into the opposing players, usually a clusterfuck of 3 of them, even if the entire right flank is clear
:lennon:

On the contrary, Lennon pisses me off because he can't help but run directly into the opposing players, usually a clusterfuck of 3 of them, even if the entire right flank is clear
:lennon:

Our wingers are limited, look at Adam Johnson, Raheem Sterling and Chamberlain, all have an end product, ours can't cross/shot very well and seem completely reliant on pace which is fine in the Championship but at high level gets found out.

W
Where we find ourselves at this stage of the season and in the current form we are in. I would consider it to be a Brilliant season.......If Wigan turn-over Woolwich and Everton pip them to 4th place!:D

Point being, I,m more concerned what Wigan do and the next half-a-dozen Everton results, than I am about my beloved Spurs. Sad but true! This seasons fiasco has left me feeling like I,v been kicked in the bo*loc*s by a deep sea divers boot!

Whilst I want to see this happen as much as the next Spurs supporter the fact that Everton may achieve what we've been unable to do for the last few seasons is a bitter pill to swallow.

There's numerous people to blame for what's going wrong! The players are the main reason because there performances have been dyer all season and as someone said already the way the players looked in the tunnel before the Liverpool game summed our season up, no passion and no fight! I think levy is part to blame for putting sherwood as manager when AVB left as he won't be a number 1 at any club for years to come as he lacks discipline and and maturity, so perhaps levy should of acted a lot quicker and stronger to bring in a decent manager with a track record of success! Or even bring in huddle as he chats a lot if sense! But I personally blame the players as they are well hyped up as premiership class players when all season they been playing nothing but championship standard!

W

Whilst I want to see this happen as much as the next Spurs supporter the fact that Everton may achieve what we've been unable to do for the last few seasons is a bitter pill to swallow.
Imagine the out door party scene in Godfather 2. When The family are sitting, eating. An Friedo's old woman is running around, looking good in her kit, but she is being loud and erratic with no control! An Friedo, (TS) looks at Michael and says, I don't know what to do Mickie. Michael then calls Roco over, and whispers in his ear. Roco,
(Martinez) then (at close quarters) says to Friedo.........

If you can't take care of this (expelling Woolwich from the CL spot) then I,m gonna have too!

For all Godfather fans. Forgive me for embroidering some of the dialog and its order!!:avbpray:

Everton and Liverpool got it right.

Employ a dynamic manage with a proven gameplan and a desire for attractive football, with experience in the PL.

Or having previously managed Swansea or whatever..

#LaudrupIn?? lol

But seriously, I think we need to look at PL experience next, heart says LVG, but head says that we'd be better off with another Redknapp type. I'd sooner have Muelensteen (for the record, I think he's been undervalued this season) than Sherwood

Garry Monk is our man.

Garry Monk is our man.

Yeah but I'd like Holtby back, and I'm afraid that Garry Monk might hand him a sports Almanac and alter the course of history forever!

doc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom