The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good article, some of the comments are funny, below example is quite good.

''An investigation commissioned by FIFA finds FIFA not guilty of any wrong doing. Who saw that coming?
Actually, I didn't. I mean, I knew it'd be a whitewash but it couldnt have imagined the levels FIFA would stoop to. In a perverted sort of way, its quite impressive how shameless and corrupt they are.
- Qatar cleared of any wrongdoing. Illegal payments were made but found not to impact on the bidding process. Really, this is quite special. Because if its true that Qatar did nothing wrong to influence the bidding process (no chance!) then there's literally no rational explanation for them having won the right to host the tournament - we just have to assume that these people are certified lunatics.
- Russia cleared of any wrongdoing. Simply because they failed to provide any information. The dog ate my homework excuse. That's actually a good defence plea in FIFA's flawless adjudicatory system.
- Spain/Portugal. Zero information provided! Nothing untoward here at all. Lets move on.
- England. Full transparency policy reveals that they pathetically coveted favours from the odious Jack Warner. Ditto Australia. Rightly castigated by FIFA. Still, they're essentially being punished for acting in good faith in the context of an investigation.
- And then the icing on the cake, FIFA's piece de resistance. Not only do they refuse to issue the full version of the report for no apparent reason, but the very person who conducted the investigation actually dismisses said report.
This is incompetence of the very highest level. I could have spent years trying to conjure up the most flawed adjuratory process and decision, and I wouldn't have come up with something as perfect conflicted as this. I cant get over it. I'm in awe of these guys. Everything's the wrong way round. You exonerate those did not cooperate in the process, condemn those that did and then the very person who conducted the investigation upon which all your findings are based appeals against those findings.''
Quantum cluster fuck of corruption, incompetence and sheer lack of shame.

Barely anyone in England aside from the most jingoistic of simpletons has properly given a shit about international football since Italia 90. Euro 96, tops.

Time to wash it out. Withdraw and continue with the Premier League throughout the Qatar World Cup. I know what I'd be watching.

- Russia cleared of any wrongdoing. Simply because they failed to provide any information. The dog ate my homework excuse. That's actually a good defence plea in FIFA's flawless adjudicatory system.'
It's more the "we accidentally destroyed these computers, womp womp" excuse.

FIFA looking back at the English FA acting all
nTgM1qp.gif

Good article, some of the comments are funny, below example is quite good.

''An investigation commissioned by FIFA finds FIFA not guilty of any wrong doing. Who saw that coming?
Actually, I didn't. I mean, I knew it'd be a whitewash but it couldnt have imagined the levels FIFA would stoop to. In a perverted sort of way, its quite impressive how shameless and corrupt they are.
- Qatar cleared of any wrongdoing. Illegal payments were made but found not to impact on the bidding process. Really, this is quite special. Because if its true that Qatar did nothing wrong to influence the bidding process (no chance!) then there's literally no rational explanation for them having won the right to host the tournament - we just have to assume that these people are certified lunatics.
- Russia cleared of any wrongdoing. Simply because they failed to provide any information. The dog ate my homework excuse. That's actually a good defence plea in FIFA's flawless adjudicatory system.
- Spain/Portugal. Zero information provided! Nothing untoward here at all. Lets move on.
- England. Full transparency policy reveals that they pathetically coveted favours from the odious Jack Warner. Ditto Australia. Rightly castigated by FIFA. Still, they're essentially being punished for acting in good faith in the context of an investigation.
- And then the icing on the cake, FIFA's piece de resistance. Not only do they refuse to issue the full version of the report for no apparent reason, but the very person who conducted the investigation actually dismisses said report.
This is incompetence of the very highest level. I could have spent years trying to conjure up the most flawed adjuratory process and decision, and I wouldn't have come up with something as perfect conflicted as this. I cant get over it. I'm in awe of these guys. Everything's the wrong way round. You exonerate those did not cooperate in the process, condemn those that did and then the very person who conducted the investigation upon which all your findings are based appeals against those findings.''

Nail on the head

More seriously, if the FA boycotte FIFA does that have any ramifications for the leagues, our participation in champions league etc. aren't they FIfA sanctioned tournaments ultimately?

More seriously, if the FA boycotte FIFA does that have any ramifications for the leagues, our participation in champions league etc. aren't they FIfA sanctioned tournaments ultimately?

England will only boycott once spurs get 4th place or better so we should be fine for a while. Good point though thought it was purely uefa.

Wiki said:
UEFA represents the national football associations of Europe, runs nation and club competitions including the UEFA European Championship, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, and UEFA Super Cup, and controls the prize money, regulations, and media rights to those competitions.

Wiki said:
FIFA is the international governing body of association football, futsal and beach soccer. FIFA is responsible for the organisation of football's major international tournaments, notably the World Cup which commenced in 1930 and the Women's World Cup which commenced in 1991

So FIFA's sole business is the World Cup...I think we could well do without them, of course, if various FA's do consider pulling out they are likely to all be members of UEFA and it will be down to UEFA as a whole to either back their members and support a withdrawal from FIFA, or to cosy up to their ruling body buddies and tell the rebelling nations to GTFO. This however would mean their next Champions League final could be between teams from Moldova and Albania...which potentially won't be such a money spinner.

England should leave , hold a one team tournament next week with a huge fuck off trophy , win it & claim to be world soccer-ball champions

State of the Franz Beckenbauer ( a man of small ego) cup.

Maybe twice the size of that & changes to a walking transformer

England should leave , hold a one team tournament next week with a huge fuck off trophy , win it & claim to be world soccer-ball champions

State of the Franz Beckenbauer ( a man of small ego) cup.

Maybe twice the size of that & changes to a walking transformer

Like the yanks do with baseball then....

LOL at the Russians. They rented their computers? Your organization is bidding for the most lucrative sporting even in history and you can't be bothered to buy like ten lap tops? It's more cost effective to rent them?

It's just too funny, and so Russian.

LOL at the Russians. They rented their computers? Your organization is bidding for the most lucrative sporting even in history and you can't be bothered to buy like ten lap tops? It's more cost effective to rent them?

It's just too funny, and so Russian.

Rented...then destroyed them! Because destroying computers shows you have nothing to hide..

Rented...then destroyed them! Because destroying computers shows you have nothing to hide..
It's just like a Russian toast with the hurling of glasses into the fireplace. Only with computers.
"Here's to a successful bid process! Let's all smash up our laptops with hatchets!"
"Давайте выпьем за успех нашего дела!"

Back
Top Bottom