The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Qatar’s ambitious future driven on by North Korean ‘forced labour’

http://gu.com/p/4342t

Gotta love the Qatari response to this, "There are currently 2,800 North Korean guest workers registered in Qatar and we have no recorded complaints about their payment or treatment....". Because the North Koreans are likely to complain and risk their families wellbeing back home.

How the hell our FA can consider sending an England team to this WC is beyond me, but I'm sure that in a typical spineless manner the head of our FA will say that the Qatari authorities have said this and that and we will take it as gospel and just go along with it while pleading ignorance.

Gotta love the Qatari response to this, "There are currently 2,800 North Korean guest workers registered in Qatar and we have no recorded complaints about their payment or treatment....". Because the North Koreans are likely to complain and risk their families wellbeing back home.

How the hell our FA can consider sending an England team to this WC is beyond me, but I'm sure that in a typical spineless manner the head of our FA will say that the Qatari authorities have said this and that and we will take it as gospel and just go along with it while pleading ignorance.
Of course they're not going to complain - it's the closest thing to a holiday any of them are likely to experience.

Unfortunately.

Just when you think it can't get more insane. They are due to announce that the Qatar bid is sound and completely clean but are now saying the FA bid was dodgy....even though it's the FA who have been trying to make FIFA accountable,

It's insane how obviously bloated and corrupt the whole organisation is yet it just continues!

Good, draws more attention to themselves (FIFA) and will make it all the sweeter if the major European FAs show some balls and boycott. Fastest way for it all to crumble will be for the nations that generate the most marketability and money to tell that utter farce of an organisation to go fuck itself.

No point having the FA continually moan about how corrupt FIFA is while still serving under their banner. Enter dialogue with other major FAs about boycotting, threaten to host a rival friendly tournament in the same window and watch FIFA back down or collapse

I think the time has come to withdraw
Pretty sure England bid was not the cleanest but it was probably the only bid that gave full cooperation to the investigation. So it's indiscretions are highlighted. For fuck sake the investigation didn't even interview bin Hammon.

Withdraw now disband fifa

Good, draws more attention to themselves (FIFA) and will make it all the sweeter if the major European FAs show some balls and boycott. Fastest way for it all to crumble will be for the nations that generate the most marketability and money to tell that utter farce of an organisation to go fuck itself.

No point having the FA continually moan about how corrupt FIFA is while still serving under their banner. Enter dialogue with other major FAs about boycotting, threaten to host a rival friendly tournament in the same window and watch FIFA back down or collapse

That is the thing, our FA moan that the game is rigged but when the music starts we carry on playing as if our participation validates it all as legit. The problem is, no FA's (including our own) want to get off the gravy train regardless of how fucked up the thing is.

It was Russia bid that made me laugh they Hired laptops and then destroyed them so emails could not be read....WTF. I know The FAs is not blameless but at least we had some transparency. Thing is FIFA hate the FA no idea why but they Hate us and any chance to have a pop at us they do it. Id love to Say leave FIFA but unless other big european nations do it whats the point

It was Russia bid that made me laugh they Hired laptops and then destroyed them so emails could not be read....WTF. I know The FAs is not blameless but at least we had some transparency. Thing is FIFA hate the FA no idea why but they Hate us and any chance to have a pop at us they do it. Id love to Say leave FIFA but unless other big european nations do it whats the point

Just leave regardless of the point. Take the moral high ground and tell them to get fucked.

Now the author of the report disagrees with the interpretation given by fifa it is a farce. Time to exploit ultimate leverage. leave now blatter or we will

Check out @mrdanwalker's Tweet:

Last edited:
I think the time has come to withdraw
Pretty sure England bid was not the cleanest but it was probably the only bid that gave full cooperation to the investigation. So it's indiscretions are highlighted. For fuck sake the investigation didn't even interview bin Hammon.

Withdraw now disband fifa
Can't see it happening ... but yes.

I certainly will have NO PART in either of these upcoming world cups. I will not watch a game, i will boycott it's sponsors and i will buy no merchandise if i can possibly help it.

I hope that many will do likewise.

Excellent piece from David conn

Fifa’s ethics report summary showcases a warped sense of integrity

http://gu.com/p/43a4e

Good article, some of the comments are funny, below example is quite good.

''An investigation commissioned by FIFA finds FIFA not guilty of any wrong doing. Who saw that coming?
Actually, I didn't. I mean, I knew it'd be a whitewash but it couldnt have imagined the levels FIFA would stoop to. In a perverted sort of way, its quite impressive how shameless and corrupt they are.
- Qatar cleared of any wrongdoing. Illegal payments were made but found not to impact on the bidding process. Really, this is quite special. Because if its true that Qatar did nothing wrong to influence the bidding process (no chance!) then there's literally no rational explanation for them having won the right to host the tournament - we just have to assume that these people are certified lunatics.
- Russia cleared of any wrongdoing. Simply because they failed to provide any information. The dog ate my homework excuse. That's actually a good defence plea in FIFA's flawless adjudicatory system.
- Spain/Portugal. Zero information provided! Nothing untoward here at all. Lets move on.
- England. Full transparency policy reveals that they pathetically coveted favours from the odious Jack Warner. Ditto Australia. Rightly castigated by FIFA. Still, they're essentially being punished for acting in good faith in the context of an investigation.
- And then the icing on the cake, FIFA's piece de resistance. Not only do they refuse to issue the full version of the report for no apparent reason, but the very person who conducted the investigation actually dismisses said report.
This is incompetence of the very highest level. I could have spent years trying to conjure up the most flawed adjuratory process and decision, and I wouldn't have come up with something as perfect conflicted as this. I cant get over it. I'm in awe of these guys. Everything's the wrong way round. You exonerate those did not cooperate in the process, condemn those that did and then the very person who conducted the investigation upon which all your findings are based appeals against those findings.''

Back
Top Bottom