The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He didn't know something was bad, got educated and now does. That's not hypocrisy.

If you have any real interest listen to him on the podcast 'off menu' he talks quite well on the subject and why Beckham (his courting the gay pound). Its quite funny too.

I don't know any of the finer detail about this comedian guy (perhaps his motivations were cynical?), but on a broader level re: the highlighted part:

I'm not sure why people would be so averse to acknowledging such a scenario. e.g. I've read a number of times that voicing concerns about Qatar22 having not boycotted Russia18 is hypocrisy and/or racially motivated....... Russia's geo-political aggressions are a different topic to the fundamental human rights surrounding Qatar, so why is it such a stretch that an individial may be more clued into one scenario than the other? ........Similarly, isn't it desirable that one continues to learn.

At the very least; why discourage dialogue on these subjects in such a manner.....?

I've read a number of times that voicing concerns about Qatar22 having not boycotted Russia18 is hypocrisy and/or racially motivated.....
I would think it's more racist to not give a fuck about "sticky brown people"*** dying in their hundreds building stadiums out there than to boycott the WC.

Someone accused me of being racist and used this term.

Next world cup in america...war mongerers killing millions with illegal wars, women dont have rights to their bodies, gay conversion therapies, guns out of control even children shooting each other, racist police. World cups go to the dodgiest countries. Will there be the same level of 'morality' and outrage against them or will they hide like pussies behind 'wHaTaBoUtIsM!!!'

Next world cup in america...war mongerers killing millions with illegal wars, women dont have rights to their bodies, gay conversion therapies, guns out of control even children shooting each other, racist police. World cups go to the dodgiest countries. Will there be the same level of 'morality' and outrage against them or will they hide like pussies behind 'wHaTaBoUtIsM!!!'
It you're going to watch it and you watched the one in Qatar it proves you don't care about any of it and are definitely using whataboutism as a ploy to justify your stance.

Now that's being a pussy.

Why not just say "I'm watching it" and leave it at that ?

It you're going to watch it and you watched the one in Qatar it proves you don't care about any of it and are definitely using whataboutism as a ploy to justify your stance.

Or it proves that you can separate football and politics...

Or it proves that you can separate football and politics...
Nah, just saying "I'm watching it" and leaving it at that is separating football and politics.

You, literally, can't bring politics into an argument as a justification and say that you are separating football and politics.

Nah, just saying "I'm watching it" and leaving it at that is separating football and politics.

You, literally, can't bring politics into an argument as a justification and say that you are separating football and politics.

Politics has never been my argument though hence why I can watch football without any guilt or remorse, my stance is quite frankly I couldn't care less what issues are surrounding the tournaments whilst I'm enjoying football because football for me is used as a tool to escape all the BS in life, pure escapism - it's just another form of entertainment for me, music, films, TV etc...and in my world it's just left as that.

Because what is the fucking point otherwise, if you go deep enough you'll find each and every country, company, establishment, billionaire etc... are dodgy as fuck, have dark histories, have blood on their hands, infrastructures built off corruption, drugs, deaths etc.. the world is essentially one fucked up place, that doesn't mean I shouldn't enjoy the fruits that were given to me, it's not my fault I was born into this society so why am I punishing myself for the world's problems when I have my own ones, you might think that's selfish but it's true and it's a natural human emotion to think like that, everyone is out for themselves.

I say all that to say this...just because you watch something morally corrupt doesn't mean you endorse their actions which support it, I think we're all mature and honest enough to admit that you can enjoy something without being complicit in the way it was setup or the way it's being ran, the two things aren't mutually exclusive, sorry.

Just wondering where does the moral outrage stop by the way?, you might as well go and pack up and live in a 3rd world country with no electricity/phone/wifi etc.., live off the land, grow your own food etc become a villager if you're not happy with these big corporations taking advantage of the 3rd world, this World Cup is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to corruption so if you think you're making a protest in not watching it then fair fucking play to you, you're a better man than me but honestly if you're protesting against something like this then you might as well make protesting your full time job.

Last edited:

The reason being I find the ones pretending to care about being moral as hypocrites with an agenda when they are fine with a much bigger/apparently civilized country like usa committing attrocities on a much larger scale.

It will be interesting to see how many captains will be wearing armbands telling usa to stop attacking other countries or being fake dramatic like putting their hands on their mouths

Politics has never been my argument though hence why I can watch football without any guilt or remorse, my stance is quite frankly I couldn't care less what issues are surrounding the tournaments whilst I'm enjoying football because football for me is used as a tool to escape all the BS in life, pure escapism - it's just another form of entertainment for me, music, films, TV etc...and in my world it's just left as that.

Because what is the fucking point otherwise, if you go deep enough you'll find each and every country, company, establishment, billionaire etc... are dodgy as fuck, have dark histories, have blood on their hands, infrastructures built off corruption, drugs, deaths etc.. the world is essentially one fucked up place, that doesn't mean I shouldn't enjoy the fruits that were given to me, it's not my fault I was born into this society so why am I punishing myself for the world's problems when I have my own ones, you might think that's selfish but it's true and it's a natural human emotion to think like that, everyone is out for themselves.

I say all that to say this...just because you watch something morally corrupt doesn't mean you endorse their actions which support it, I think we're all mature and honest enough to admit that you can enjoy something without being complicit in the way it was setup or the way it's being ran, the two things aren't mutually exclusive, sorry.

Just wondering where does the moral outrage stop by the way?, you might as well go and pack up and live in a 3rd world country with no electricity/phone/wifi etc.., live off the land, grow your own food etc become a villager if you're not happy with these big corporations taking advantage of the 3rd world, this World Cup is just the top of the iceberg when it comes to corruption so if you think you're making a protest in not watching it then fair fucking play to you, you're a better man than me but honestly if you're protesting against something like this then you might as well make protesting your full time job.
And that's fine if you feel that way.

I won't, and haven't, attacked you for that.
I expect that to be reciprocated is all.

I mean I don't know who's attacked you for your stance tbh.

I'm just here for the debate. ;)
I've told you many times my stance on this.

The ones who use whataboutism to justify them watching this WC, and other sporting events don't care about any of it.

If they'd just say "I'm watching it" nobody would care.
They use it as a tool to attack others and make themselves feel better.

Full stop, the end.

No more discussion needs to be had as neither one of us will change our view and we'll keep going in circles.

The ones who use whataboutism to justify them watching this WC, and other sporting events don't care about any of it.

Full stop, the end.

No more discussion needs to be had as neither one of us will change our view and we'll keep going in circles.

Perhaps for the sake of the debate you should:

a) Possibly name those who you are talking about so we don't get our wires crossed

b) Perhaps not try and get the last word in if you're done debating the subject?

I mean I'm pretty sure no-one called you out since the World Cup has finished and as far as I can see you've taken exception to comments which weren't aimed at you...

Perhaps for the sake of the debate you should:

a) Possibly name those who you are talking about so we don't get our wires crossed

b) Perhaps not try and get the last word in if you're done debating the subject?

I mean I'm pretty sure no-one called you out since the World Cup has finished and as far as I can see you've taken exception to comments which weren't aimed at you...

Full stop, the end.

And now you can have the last word.
:adethumbup:

Come on, you're better than that.

Bloke has been caught out. Even trying to say his 'gigs' in Qatar weren't paid by Qatar?? WTF??

Would he have 'admitted' the cash was fake had he not been given a roasting over it? The answer is no.
You won’t see this because you’ve blocked me (as you have so many people on this forum).

But you are being wilfully obtuse if you cannot see the difference between playing a comedy gig in a country for a few hundred dollars on the one hand… and actively promoting the entire country for 20m a year for the next decade.

That’s like saying someone who illegally poaches endangered orangutans is equally morally responsible as someone who buys a pot of Nutella. Why can’t people on the internet attend to the moral intensity of an action?

A success

image0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom