The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're thanking a proven racist, you realise that?

Perhaps not as you've only been here 5 mins...

Hope that helps.
Hi Spider,

thank you for the information.

Yes, I've only been here "5 minutes", that's true.

And in these "5 minutes" I was lucky to have people by my side here without exception who made life in this forum so easy for me (including the administrator) that one can actually say - that is true humanity, kindness, help.

I can't say "thank you" often enough, because - we all know that - it's not everyday that you get help when you e.g. B. arrives somewhere as a "new guest".
Especially not in a forum where we can all sit anonymously behind a keyboard and shoot around - until the admin comes!

And so "Bazali" was one of those who gave me a very helpful helping hand and very selflessly!

I myself have "enough dirt on my hands" - I made mistakes here too. It was a mistake to have insulted a longtime member of this forum.
He and I will probably never have a beer together - but it was still not proper to call this man abusive.

And so I am grateful to be able to assume that my apology to him has been accepted.

This hope helps me a lot, it is a liberating feeling to be forgiven.

This forum is - together with its management, or maybe because of it - a sensational forum.
All of us here have a common goal, to support Tottenham Hotspur FC and not let some red and white idiots tell us that's not the right thing to do.

This all probably sounds pretty pompous, but it's not because I don't have enough education for "pompous" and I can't do it.

So Spider, thanks again for wanting to help me, I think we disagree on that one point.

I think Bazali is an upright guy!

I don't think this is the gotcha it's made out to be unless people aren't allowed to grow and become aware of issues.

Just goes to show everyone can be bought for the right price, we're human beings...everyone has a price.

All this moral grandstanding is hilarious, if anything Joe Lycett was shamefully using Beckham's name just to boost himself because if he was serious he would have actually gone through with his antics.

A melting pot of hypocrisy.

Just goes to show everyone can be bought for the right price, we're human beings...everyone has a price.

All this moral grandstanding is hilarious, if anything Joe Lycett was shamefully using Beckham's name just to boost himself because if he was serious he would have actually gone through with his antics.

A melting pot of hypocrisy.
He didn't know something was bad, got educated and now does. That's not hypocrisy.

If you have any real interest listen to him on the podcast 'off menu' he talks quite well on the subject and why Beckham (his courting the gay pound). Its quite funny too.

I don't think this is the gotcha it's made out to be unless people aren't allowed to grow and become aware of issues.
Yeah...

"If you're interested, I was paid a few hundred quid (not by Qatar but by UK comedy promoters) but it was 2015 and that went a lot further back then. I reckon that if a popular comedian from those days (eg. Shane Ritchie) had shredded a few hundred quid to persuade me not to go, it would have made a difference. But who can say?"

He's a hypocrite, who tried using Beckham's name to further his career and has been found out.

He didn't know something was bad, got educated and now does. That's not hypocrisy.

If you have any real interest listen to him on the podcast 'off menu' he talks quite well on the subject and why Beckham (his courting the gay pound). Its quite funny too.

The pleading ignorance defence, okay then.

Anyway like i said the real issue here is using Beckham's name to boost his career, isn't that indirectly profiting off the issues in Qatar?

There's so many other ways to highlight issues than burning fake cash.

Yeah...

"If you're interested, I was paid a few hundred quid (not by Qatar but by UK comedy promoters) but it was 2015 and that went a lot further back then. I reckon that if a popular comedian from those days (eg. Shane Ritchie) had shredded a few hundred quid to persuade me not to go, it would have made a difference. But who can say?"

He's a hypocrite, who tried using Beckham's name to further his career and has been found out.
? That's saying if he was educated on the subject back then (like he was doing now) he may not have gone there.

Growths possible and should be encouraged.

Yeah...

In fairness it drew my attention to him and now I realise how incredibly unfunny he is.

So every cloud...

The pleading ignorance defence, okay then.

Anyway like i said the real issue here is using Beckham's name to boost his career, isn't that indirectly profiting off the issues in Qatar?

There's so many other ways to highlight issues than burning fake cash.
He used Beckham specifically as he felt that he was a champion of gay culture before it was mainstream, felt betrayed.

*Shredding fake cash.

? That's saying if he was educated on the subject back then (like he was doing now) he may not have gone there.

Growths possible and should be encouraged.
Come on, you're better than that.

Bloke has been caught out. Even trying to say his 'gigs' in Qatar weren't paid by Qatar?? WTF??

He used Beckham specifically as he felt that he was a champion of gay culture before it was mainstream, felt betrayed.

*Shredding fake cash.
Would he have 'admitted' the cash was fake had he not been given a roasting over it? The answer is no.

Come on, you're better than that.

Bloke has been caught out. Even trying to say his 'gigs' in Qatar weren't paid by Qatar?? WTF??

Would he have 'admitted' the cash was fake had he not been given a roasting over it? The answer is no.
He wrote about the gigs in his autobiography, wasn't hiding it and has spoken about it.

The money was always going to be fake. It was a shit stunt but not a gotcha.

Back
Top Bottom