TFC in Madrid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fan Zone was mental, after going to the bar once fuck queuing again! The stadium looked nice inside but facilities wise was pretty shit. Not many bars and toilets were small. The Spanish police were also wankers. I got home at 8am Sunday and spent most of the day in a daze.

So shit, nothing they do is designed to stop trouble - they just create scenarios where at some point they will be able to smash someone with a baton.

Last edited:
Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb There's a fairly big park in the centre, the Retiro, but I'm pretty sure it closes its gates at night when the terrazas close around ten or eleven. It's bound to have police and /or security guards too.

You're far better heading out to the Casa de Campo, the old royal hunting ground, which is almost open country. Take the Metro to Lago, which is just two stops on Line 10 from Plaza España or Batán, three stops, and walk into the darkness...

campo.jpg
7P7J.gif

My coach times have been changed and I'll now be arriving in Madrid at 5:30 am on the saturday. Thats a long time to be drinking so I'll need to find something to do.
Take in a bit if culture - the Prado is a great start; they have some awesome art; the Garden of Earthly Delights by Bosch being one; which is where I hope to be spending my Saturday evening, although I've never heard Seven Sisters Road called that before!

As per another post I made on another thread.... I bought my flights via eBay. As it turns out we arrive lunchtime Saturday and fly out first thing Sunday.

But in and around this I nearly purchased a hotel reservation also via eBay when I was looking at going longer. I found a seller who had a twin room for £90 a night ( 2 nights ) and wanted £85 on top to change the reservation name - you paid the hotel on check in, you paid him the £85. So would have been £265 for two people sharing. That was very tempting.

I checked it out and it seemed legit, but by jumping on a scousers heavy plane from Manchester I saved the need for any hotel ( I might regret that )

I noticed the reservation is still available.

I won’t cut any link to the hotel reservation ad ( or flights) as it’s always buyer beware and I am not endorsing anyone and no matter how you view it marking up a booking is a bit naughty.....

however, if your stuck and if you can verify the seller and your careful then anyone without a hotel might have a result on the secondary market.

So excited to be going next week. Amazed I am still alive and getting to be a part of this. Oh god. If we win....... oh god if we don’t.....

One thing I do know. I have fallen in love with Spurs all over again of late.

A thread for all TFC members to discuss their plans for Madrid, make arrangements to meet up, post videos, photos, where spurs fans are drinking etc. Allows the match thread to just be about the match

Flying out from Stanstead on the Thursday, back on Monday

If anyone is about on Thursday night let me know!

Back
Top Bottom