Terry "Meathook" "Nutter" Naylor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think I might go along to this, as I don't have a photo with Alfie Conn. I wasn't a regular back then, but I was at the Leeds game when we had to get a draw to stay up and Alfie famously sat on the ball.
Would be good to meet him.

His goal against the Chavs which sent them down was a peach especially from my view in the Shelf!

The thing is TN isn't really on the THFC hospitality gravy train so can be a bit more candid with his stories.

Loved the one about him digging out Chivers who was being too Billy big bollocks to give a fan an autograph until TN read him the riot act.

I know there were occasions where we would be giving the Gooner filth grief on the north bank and TN would be on the pitch giving us encouragement.

I also like it when he defended the fans to Billy Nick at the infamous 1974 Feyenoord game telling him they were defending themselves as they were being battered by the Dutch old bill.
When I posted my comment on the TN interview I still had 5 minutes remaining of the podcast. Listened to it later and loved to hear how Terry had to knock Big Chiv into line and teach him to appreciate the fans who paid their wages. "Fuckin' sign it!" indeed!!

When he retired he became a Postman!
When our current squad retire they won't be looking for jobs!
So hard to imagine it now by comparison to modern day players. I saw him many years ago on Upper Street with his post sack over his shoulder. I guess he must have worked out of Islington or Mount Pleasant sorting offices, not sure.

Absolutely loved him as a player, as mentioned by others, he was someone that totally got what being a fan was all about and knew what it meant to pull on a Spurs shirt.

Willie Young in a Spurs shirt.

:davieshmm:
Let's not forget the charming West Ham song about him..,

Six foot two, eyes are blue
Willie Young's a fucking Jew.

hugo-lloris-facepalm-w8xvbsvox584ya1e.jpg

I think I might go along to this, as I don't have a photo with Alfie Conn. I wasn't a regular back then, but I was at the Leeds game when we had to get a draw to stay up and Alfie famously sat on the ball.
Would be good to meet him.
Hi all,I have 2 tickets for this but just realised Iv double booked + have an 84 UEFA CUP legends do In Hampshire the same night.If someone will def use the Alfie Conn tickets I will screenshot them + send them,I don’t want anything for them.

The thing is TN isn't really on the THFC hospitality gravy train so can be a bit more candid with his stories.

Loved the one about him digging out Chivers who was being too Billy big bollocks to give a fan an autograph until TN read him the riot act.

I know there were occasions where we would be giving the Gooner filth grief on the north bank and TN would be on the pitch giving us encouragement.

I also like it when he defended the fans to Billy Nick at the infamous 1974 Feyenoord game telling him they were defending themselves as they were being battered by the Dutch old bill.
You can imagine ol' Tel having to really stop himself from clambering over the perimeter wall and wading in himself!

What a fantastic listen. Just before my time but great to hear a player speaking so openly and candidly about his time at the club. The Alfie Conn story when playing at Leeds and the impressions had me laughing!

Back
Top Bottom