Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose has said several times regarding Sissoko that hes a good player but not the right one for his needs....I wonder if this apllies to Ndombele too, or it more between him and Winks?
More between him and Winks. I'd argue that Ndombele is better at retaining the ball and moving it upfield than Winks is, both while running and passing. But I will say that Winks is faster than Tanguy and puts in more miles on the pitch in general. Which may speak in his favor.

But after that horror show in the first half I would not be surprised if Tanguy got the nod this weekend.

And Mou has without a doubt been informed if he didn't already know who Ndombele is and his status as record signing. We should not forget that he has been injured so he is probably just getting the baby gloves treatment. Eased in.

the lad has as many epl goals, as many assists, the most tackles and the most successful take ons of any of our midfielders (incl Eriksen/Dele), despite having a fraction of their game time.

stats arent everything but if he can actually hit his stride, imagine what he's capable of.

On the ball, while he dithers sometimes, he’s good. His quality is obvious.

Off the ball it looks like he is running underwater, Poch was probably right that it won’t be until next season that he is in proper shape. He’s been brought to replace Dembele but he is like wet toilet paper compared to him, needs to work incredibly hard on his physique if he’s going to make a big impact this season. I would be surprised if Winks doesn’t replace him for the next game.

On the ball, while he dithers sometimes, he’s good. His quality is obvious.

Off the ball it looks like he is running underwater, Poch was probably right that it won’t be until next season that he is in proper shape. He’s been brought to replace Dembele but he is like wet toilet paper compared to him, needs to work incredibly hard on his physique if he’s going to make a big impact this season. I would be surprised if Winks doesn’t replace him for the next game.

Fitness/athleticism > physique for him IMO.

In his defense we haven’t seen a solid run of games with him all that much. Seems every few weeks just as his fitness improves he picks up a minor injury that then sidelines him for a week or two. Hoping he can stay healthy for a string of games now.

We've not really seen him used properly, in a CM3 with a good DM next to him either.

61 passes for 88% today, nothing spunktatstic creatively today, but a good shift, 4 tackles (2nd highest) 1 interception.

He gave the ball away 3 times in his 1st 3 actions and was inconsequential virtually the whole game.
Poor today and the dopey foul he gave away ruined our game. Ruined it.
This guy needs to start caring about his job. Seems to me like he doesn't care-strolling around.
Don't like him. Seems the players don't want to pass to him.
I will be amazed if he features v United.

Last edited:
He gave the ball away 3 times in his 1st 3 actions and was inconsequential virtually the whole game.
Poor today and the dopey foul he gave away ruined our game. Ruined it.
This guy needs to start caring about his job. Seems to me like he doesn't care-strolling around.
Don't like him. Seems the players don't want to pass to him.
I will be amazed if he features v United.
Bit OTT there mate if you ask me, he had good and bad spells with in the game I would say.

Still probably our most creative and aggressive passer of the ball. Agree about the foul though but I won’t crucify the guy for one mistake.

Back
Top Bottom