Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was surprised Mourinho didn't take him off earlier. He was poor and didn't seem to want the ball.

Watch him a few a few mins before half time. He slows down, passes backwards and then waves his hand to tell people he doesn't want the ball. He was knackered from a short run he'd had.

Stop being sarcy and answer the question. Did anyone actually say yesterday was a top class performance from him???
Loads of people said he was doing brilliantly yesterday, just read the match thread ffs

Why did they have to have said it yesterday all of a sudden?
I’ve heard these type of comments all season.

Are you going to genuinely sit there and pretend you haven’t?

Last edited:
I was surprised Mourinho didn't take him off earlier. He was poor and didn't seem to want the ball.

Watch him a few a few mins before half time. He slows down, passes backwards and then waves his hand to tell people he doesn't want the ball. He was knackered from a short run he'd had.

he received (51-28)the ball and passed (completed 54/26) it twice as much as Dier. NDombele passed the ball forward 27 times, Dier 11. Take-ons Nd 5 Dier 0. Tackles/interceptions Nd 5, Dier 1.

As I said, nothing spunktastic today but bringing qualities that we’ve lacked in midfield for the last 18 months or so, the ability to play football.

But we desperately need a proper busy cunt 6 in their to balance out his skill set. Like when we had Dembele/Wanyama for example. It’s not like Dembele tore around like a headless twat is it.

Loads of people said he was doing brilliantly yesterday, just read the match thread figs.

Why did they have to have said it yesterday all of a sudden?
I’ve heard these type of comments all season.

Are you going to genuinely sit there and pretend you haven’t?

Then why not go into the match thread, quote those people, rather than coming in here and referring to stuff no one is saying in here.

And I don’t recall any/many people saying NDombele was world class yesterday in the match thread either?

Then why not go into the match thread, quote those people, rather than coming in here and referring to stuff no one is saying in here.

And I don’t recall any/many people saying NDombele was world class yesterday in the match thread either?
He always does these strawman type arguments.

OTT-probably you're right.
But I'm not seeing it with this guy.
I felt the same about Aurier so hopefully TN can prove me wrong.
I do not want Spurs players especially big money signings to flop.
Well try giving the guy more than a handful of games instead of crucifying a 22 year old in a new league in an underperforming team for 95% of his time here.

I'm so not worried about Tanguy N'dombele. He has played less than a dozen times for us, in a new league: country, and language. I can count on one hand the players who made a seamless transition to the EPL. Let's take a look at Mo Salah and KDB. I choose both (deliberately by the way) because Tanguy is nearer them as players than some of the players he is likened to. Take the characterization of him as languid/lazy. Yep that's our boy. I know he is black and a shade under six foot but he is NOT Viera , Essien, Wanyama. He is a stroller a creative attacker of the highest order, and the physicality has clearly shocked him. He is still getting the odd goal and assist as did Salah and KDB, let's hope that our new boss doesn't write him off before he has aclimitized as he did the other two and he doesn't come back and smash the league as they did under more perceptive patient fans/coaches.

I’m talking about Ndombele in his thread

Why the fuck are you talking about Dier?
Where did I say he was called world class yesterday?
I said loads of people like you funnily enough, were lauding his performance

I’m talking about Ndombele in his thread

Why the fuck are you talking about Dier?
Where did I say he was called world class yesterday?
I said loads of people like you funnily enough, were lauding his performance

Its not talking about NDombele that I took issue with. It’s the hyperbolic straw man bullshit more than where you spout it that’s the issue. But again, I don’t recall anyone overly exaggerating what NDombele did yesterday and claiming it was world class, even in the match thread.

I didn’t claim it was a world class performance, I described it as “nothing spunktastic” and “good shift” and backed it up with some facts.

Im talking about Dier in the NDombele thread because Bangkok quoted my post about NDombele and compared him with Dier.

I don’t have a problem with talking about Dier in the NDombele thread, comparisons are valid and conversations meander, more of a problem with the silly bollocks Bangkok was spouting and your made up bullshit, in this case.

Its not talking about NDombele that I took issue with. It’s the hyperbolic straw man bullshit more than where you spout it that’s the issue. But again, I don’t recall anyone overly exaggerating what NDombele did yesterday and claiming it was world class, even in the match thread.

I didn’t claim it was a world class performance, I described it as “nothing spunktastic” and “good shift” and backed it up with some facts.

Im talking about Dier in the NDombele thread because Bangkok quoted my post about NDombele and compared him with Dier.

I don’t have a problem with talking about Dier in the NDombele thread, comparisons are valid and conversations meander, more of a problem with the silly bollocks Bangkok was spouting and your made up bullshit, in this case.

As I said, I’m glad you ALL agree now that he hasn’t been very good.
Nice its all cleared up now.

“No No!!! He’s brilliant!!!”
In 3......2.........1

So he was a good signing then? Great.

Funny because you was one of the people claiming the window was a fucking joke and a shambles and the chairman should quit for not buying good players.
Lol what a fucking joker. Quote me when I said that, you utter tool.

And yeah Ndombele is a great buy and he will become even better with a year in Premier League under his belt.

Has he been good or not because people are going around in circles now.

Or is only me thats not allowed to say it.
Yep, there we have it

Sammy I'm just annoyed that he played what 6 games he is getting use to a new league new surroundings and now a new manger and we already have the info to actually critic him i find that really fickle, yes he was very good yesterday big whoop, he will get better and you can see it in his play.

He is the most confusing player i have seen in years. Sometimes i see him and think he's absolutely top drawer, other times really really average. I have no idea what he will turn out to be in the longer term.
One thing for sure is though, he would never have passed Alex Furgusons 'running' test because he moves across the ground like a wounded animal. His running style is truly bizarre!!

Back
Top Bottom