Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

so when we announcing Lo Celso?

Now that Argentina only have the Copa 3rd/4th playoff, hopefully soon.

I note the L'Equipe article states:
The phones heat up: Levy negotiates in parallel to bring Giovani Lo Celso (Betis Seville).

My suspicion is that Levy will not pay more for GLC than he paid for Ndombele. So if Betis really are holding out for the full release clause, he will walk away.

Plus the buzz is that Ceballos wants to join us, albeit on loan with an option to buy.

With Ndombele and Ceballos providing creativity and incisive passing, GLC becomes less crucial. Although being greedy, I would still like to sign him as well.

i think it will be much like the ohhh moussa sissoko song but instead ohhhhh tanguy Dembele....... i know its technically Ndombele but it will sound pretty much the same when sung by 60k yids....
I'd like him to get the old old Dembele song, to the tune of Black Betty:

Whoa Ndombele
He's a Yid
Ndombele Ndombele
He's a Yid

(Repeat)

No accents on it. On his English Wikipedia page, his French Wikipedia page, on Lyon's tweets, on Spurs's mentions of him...
Thanks for that.
I wonder if maybe, to be 100% correct, the 'e's should have acute accents but, for the sake of speed/laziness, it's acceptable to leave them off.
The name on the back of his shirt will be of little help, because the French don't normally put accents on capital letters. (ps I wouldn't totally trust some of the sources you quote)

I'd like him to get the old old Dembele song, to the tune of Black Betty:

Whoa Ndombele
He's a Yid
Ndombele Ndombele
He's a Yid

(Repeat)
Like yours, but I still like mine best :)

Tune:

Lyrics:
Ndombélé, Ndombélé
Better than Pele
Ndombélé

Wait we still haven’t had confirmation of who we are loaning him out to?

Hopefully we get that news today so everyone on here can rest easy and enjoy their summer

Thanks for that.
I wonder if maybe, to be 100% correct, the 'e's should have acute accents but, for the sake of speed/laziness, it's acceptable to leave them off.
The name on the back of his shirt will be of little help, because the French don't normally put accents on capital letters. (ps I wouldn't totally trust some of the sources you quote)
Lyon write his name here a few times with lower case letters and no accents:

And also in the text of their official press release:
Are those trustworthy enough sources?!

I know in regular French the final 'e' would be accented to fit the pronunciation, but I assume it must be something to do with the Congolese French origin of his surname.

Lyon write his name here a few times with lower case letters and no accents:

And also in the text of their official press release:
Are those trustworthy enough sources?!

I know in regular French the final 'e' would be accented to fit the pronunciation, but I assume it must be something to do with the Congolese French origin of his surname.

In that third tweet the last e has an acute accent. Confusing.

It’s on the app now
Haha. Just saw this now. I like to think I summoned it.
:pritchardeyes:

Edit: the take away from that first interview...

> seems like a very very very chilled and humble guy. You really wouldn't think he'd just been signed for 60m quid if you didn't already know.
> playing in the PL was a big draw.
> Hugo and Sissoko clearly did some work recommending the club to him (as if we didn't guess that anyway).
>he has a massive boner for the new stadium and says it's the best he's ever seen/played in.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

> seems like a very very very chilled and humble guy. You really wouldn't think he'd just been signed for 60m quid if you didn't already know.
> playing in the PL seems to be a big draw.
> Hugo and Sissoko clearly did some work recommending the club to him (as if we didn't guess that anyway).
>he has a massive boner for the new stadium and says it's the best he's ever seen/played in.

giphy.gif
ss.png

ss.png

:pochhail:

> playing in the PL was a big draw.

giphy.gif
Came here to win the champions League :levywhoa: , never thought I would hear a player say that.
:tobyarm:

Back
Top Bottom