Swiss Agro or ungracious hosts

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I suppose it was ok at San Siro and the Bernabeu though . . .

:baletroll:

No, not really.

If I, or any Spurs fans in home ends started getting carried away I would expect to at least get a slap, unless I was at Fulham.

If you're going to sit in the home section, show some respect, restrain yourself a little. That I have no problem with.

To start jumping around and chanting when you've scored, now that is a piss take and they deserved more than being moved by stewards.

Sorry, I agree with you on the restraint part - simply thought you were referring to away fans going stealth in the home-sections in general

No, not really.

If I, or any Spurs fans in home ends started getting carried away I would expect to at least get a slap, unless I was at Fulham.

If you're going to sit in the home section, show some respect, restrain yourself a little. That I have no problem with.

To start jumping around and chanting when you've scored, now that is a piss take and they deserved more than being moved by stewards.

one fan stood up they did not chant and before they scored they were treated cordially despite having a basle scarf

it was the indiganty of going 2 down that turned some of the crowd against them led to the disturbance and the evection.

I personally though it very small minded at the time and expressed this to some of the barracjers trying to get them thrown out

I don't see why people should try and kick them out - they've travelled a long way and paid a lot of money to support their club. If they were genuinely not trying to be cunty, but a few celebrated a goal or whatever then who gives a shit. What about the thousands of Spurs fans that have sung songs away in Europe in the home sections when they couldn't get a ticket for the official sections? It's always going to happen. The best solution is just to give them some banter and try to outsing them.

If they were were being cunts for the whole game and giving it to the home fans while sitting/standing next to them - then fuck them off

Nah fuck that if they start celebrating they should have been kicked out IMO. Basel's support was fantastic though, ours was dreadful

Great English atmospheres are a complete and utter myth. Pretty much every league in Europe has better than here. Home support throughout the prem is dire and away fans always make more noise.

Maribor aside, I cannot remember the last time I enjoyed going to the Lane.

Great English atmospheres are a complete and utter myth. Pretty much every league in Europe has better than here. Home support throughout the prem is dire and away fans always make more noise.

Maribor aside, I cannot remember the last time I enjoyed going to the Lane.

Not a myth, just history.

English stadiums used to be some of the most intimidating in Europe in the 1970s and 1980s, singing in the terraces was awesome to behold - european players used to always comment on it.

Then the yobbos got out of control, and English clubs got banned from Europe in 1985. The conservative government forced wholesale changes, and eventually the terraces were gone and the premier league was born. This luckily coincided with Italia 90 when the BBC used opera music in its opening title sequences, and England had one of their most famous but saddest nights v Germany in the semi-final. This all helped to promote football among the middle classes, and with all-seater stadiums and big money around generally the grounds started to be populated by well-behaved middle-class people. Hence the library-like atmospheres at many grounds these days (Not just the Emirates and Old Trafford)

The english tradition of singing was taken up by the Europeans, and now european supporters from most countries are far more vocal than the English fans. (But you do get a library-like atmosphere at Barcelona or Real Madrid when the team isn't doing well)

Generally too much aggro and anger from our lot in the stands these days. Felt as if the whiners in the home half of the Park Lane actually polluted the team's mood. The next thing we do is take it out on each other any anyone that gives us the slightest warrant to start on them.

The fact that the away support are allowed to stand up throughout without intervention whilst the home are constantly told to sit down and shut up doesn't help does it. Stupid bloody rules, if it's for safety get the away fans to sit down too on threat of ejection, or let us all stand.

Back
Top Bottom