Swiss Agro or ungracious hosts

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That and bring back the bloody drum! Seriously better atmosphere with the drum calling the beat.
th

The fact that the away support are allowed to stand up throughout without intervention whilst the home are constantly told to sit down and shut up doesn't help does it. Stupid bloody rules, if it's for safety get the away fans to sit down too on threat of ejection, or let us all stand.

That's rubbish. Overall the stewards are tougher on away fans than Spurs fans

Depends on your experiences. Ive witnessed people or been told myself loads of times to sit down, and heard countless stories of stewards turfing people, mostly in 32 or 33 though.

But the point made is true, why is not dangerous for away fans to stand, and they are not reprimanded as much as home fans? I want standing, its not that, but I dont agree the away fans at WHL are treated worse in what they get away with.

As for flares the other night...

201304041436525811324-p2.jpg

...probably a lifetime ban if a yid done that

done many/do most euro aways & mostly in with the locals!.. you can normally sense if its ok to support spurs or
sit down & shut up... champions league & larger clubs is mostly in the bigger sterilised stadiums.. much prefer the moody
smaller clubs & stadia where hostilitly is cranked up a bit even if I do have to keep shtum!.

the lane is a pathetic place now if you cant welcome/let some ordinary away fans celebrate in peace even if its in the "home" segregated area..especially when you aint sold out!.

Considering they were celebrating when they were up two goals to nil, shouting for the stewards really does seem like a crybaby act on our part.

Yeah, they should have been in the away corner, but Spurs fans shouting for the stewards? Really? Reeeeeaaaaally? Harden up and ignore them. Of course I wasn't there to see it myself but it sounds like they weren't being too obnoxious. If they'd been getting in your faces that would have been another story, but...yeah. No need for all this.

Depends on your experiences. Ive witnessed people or been told myself loads of times to sit down, and heard countless stories of stewards turfing people, mostly in 32 or 33 though.

But the point made is true, why is not dangerous for away fans to stand, and they are not reprimanded as much as home fans? I want standing, its not that, but I dont agree the away fans at WHL are treated worse in what they get away with.

As for flares the other night...

Of course it happens. I get told to sit down many times every season. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. I hate it, but I know that the club has to be seen trying to get people to sit otherwise they will lose their licence. My point is that the away fans normally get as much, if not more, hassle than the home fans. Maybe the Basel fans got away with more than us this time, but many English away fans refer to WHL as one of the worst grounds to come to because of the stewards forcing people to sit down. That's why I don't agree.

Considering they were celebrating when they were up two goals to nil, shouting for the stewards really does seem like a crybaby act on our part.

Yeah, they should have been in the away corner, but Spurs fans shouting for the stewards? Really? Reeeeeaaaaally? Harden up and ignore them. Of course I wasn't there to see it myself but it sounds like they weren't being too obnoxious. If they'd been getting in your faces that would have been another story, but...yeah. No need for all this.
Exactly well said

Home support at European games will continue to be utter fucking shite, if we continue to give away fans south lower

FACT

I completely agree with you. I've been saying it to everyone who will listen to me that the Park Lane lower needs to be reserved for the more hardcore/vocal fans. However, you still need to have the away fans nearby to feed off each others banter to create a good atmoshere.

So, its simple. Just put half in the lower and half in the upper.

With regards to the issue of the Basle fans in the home end; I'd be a hypocrite if I was to say that they should of been kicked out for being fans of the oppo because I have been in the Woolwich, Inter Milan, and Madrid ends before. BUT, I just kept my mouth shut and kept myself to myself.
IF however, they start jumping around and being twats then yes, kick them out or even better kick them in their nuts.

:carrollwtf:

I was in the South Upper (obviously) for Basle, right at the back

There were about 4-5 Basle fans half way down, and they of course jumped up when the first goal went in

Some of the Spurs fans behaved like absolute cunts to them. Particularly a pikey looking woman that was sat to the left of them

When they got removed by the stewards, they had to walk past quite a few yids

Some of them were deliberately pushing and tripping them up.

It was quite shameful to be honest. Although it did make me chuckle a little.

My mate pointed out that some of the yids were understandably fucked off by Basle fans being in the home tier.

They had their seats nicked by the away fans, and weren't allowed to sit in the south lower

Why should we tolerate them in the south upper etc

I think it's pretty clear. If you're an away fan sitting in the home section then fine, just keep quiet about it. I've done the same, I was in amongst the Wet Spam crowd for Lasagne-gate, I managed to keep quiet when Defoe scored that day, fucking Basil fans can do the same.

No need to grass them up, that a dick move and stewards should be able to spot them regardless, but fuck if you celebrate in the wrong end you get thrown out, it's your own stupid fault.

Back
Top Bottom