Swansea (H) 03-Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

-----------------------------Lloris--------------------------
Walker--Alderweireld---Vertongen-----Rose
------------------------Wanyama-----------------------
-son-----------Alli------Dembele------Eriksen
-------------------------Kane--------------------------

That would be my team but i've got a sneaky feeling Poch will start N'Kodou (probably on the left with Eriksen on the right of a 4-2-3-1).

-----------------------------Lloris--------------------------
Walker--Alderweireld---Vertongen-----Rose
------------------------Wanyama-----------------------
-son-----------Alli------Dembele------Eriksen
-------------------------Kane--------------------------

That would be my team but i've got a sneaky feeling Poch will start N'Kodou (probably on the left with Eriksen on the right of a 4-2-3-1).

If Toby is back and starts would like to see dier replace wanyama, Regardless it's been to long since we seen that back 4 line up together!! :pochsulk:

'We are a little bit worried about Lamela because the injury has not progressed in the way we expect'

:pochfacepalm::avbfacepalm::dempsey::vdvcry:

Would like to see us try something like this against a team likely to play on the counter against us:

--------------Lloris---------------
-Walker-Toby--Verts-Rose-
-----------Wanyama-----------
-------Dele---------Eriksen---
-Son----------------------GKN-
--------------Kane---------------

I like the Alli-Son combination (they are mates) and the idea of playing Eriksen a bit deeper to help aid in build up play. I know Dembele and Dier need time but Wanyama hasn't really done anything to warrant losing his place, and the Marseille Turn he pulled off late last game against Chelsea really impressed me. He obviously would sit a bit deeper than Alli/Eriksen and protect the back four while the other two CM's take turns marauding forward.

Anyways, hope that Poch opts for a bit more offense this game as we need to get back to goal scoring ways.

As I have only read the above ^^^ I am mindful that it might be out of context....so assuming what he is saying is right. There is much to be angry about.

Sigurdsson always impressed. I felt and assumed he wanted to move ( to Swansea is a head scratcher ) but reading the above suggests perhaps the club were hoping to turn the profit more than develop the player and that is ( if true ) very poor for all of us.

Siggy always felt like a player that we didn't ever use properly. Didn't feel good about us letting him go, but the issue is that to get the best out of him you'd have to essentially build your team around him (like Swansea have), and that was never a realistic option for us

Agree. Be lovely to have him now though. Imagine having a free-kick edge of the box and you just KNOW it's going to hit the net instead of hitting Bob in the Park Lane.

WHY ARE YOU EVEN SHOWING US THIS???

We all KNEW Siggy was a quality player, and one who, on the face of it, could've contributed to THE SQUAD, rather than just the team...

we seem to be seduced by certain players... we've been on the lookout for a MODRIC replacement since he left... but when we show any signs of getting one (like, dare I say, Siggy) we sell them on... if he really wasn't happy being part of a Squad system, rather than a guaranteed starter in the First XI, (like Chadli or even Bentaleb at a push) then I guess there's not a lot you can do... but, from his character, I genuinely don't get that from him...

I for one will hope he gets a rousing reception tomorrow... hopefully it will fill his heart with such misty-eyed nostalgia, that he gets confused, and assumes the team in white is Swansea, shoots on sight at the 'opposition', and scores and o.g for 'us'!

In my head, that made sense!

Agree. Be lovely to have him now though. Imagine having a free-kick edge of the box and you just KNOW it's going to hit the net instead of hitting Bob in the Park Lane.

I know Bob in the Park Lane... and he's fucking pissed off with the recurring lump on the side of his head!!

Is this finally the game where everything clicks and we give someone a thumping? Let's hope the defence is solid as well because even if we score 5, by not keeping a clean sheet we will give some on here an excuse to melt.........:pochwtf:

Is this finally the game where everything clicks and we give someone a thumping? Let's hope the defence is solid as well because even if we score 5, by not keeping a clean sheet we will give some on here an excuse to melt.........:pochwtf:

I think this is the month where my year finally kicks in to gear and things start going well so I'm predicting that we WILL NOT DRAW.

Back
Top Bottom