Swansea (H) 03-Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

. Wanyama has been our best player this year, and him and Dembele look impressive together.

Play like we did against Chelsea and we'll win this.

COYS!
Dembele has been awful this season . Wanya has done his job ok but Dembele
has been to conservative , hardly bringing the ball forward with any end product ,
Besides the pen at Arse his support and any creativity has been nearly non existent.
A shadow of the player from last season and with no quality depth in the squad has become
a major factor in our mediocre football .
Lamela we need back for his high tempo as Son is an ace bottler and 80% in ineffective.
Criminal that we haven't strengthenthed the first 11 besides Wanya but I don't think this was
such a priority as we had Dier . Creativity . Speed ( players for know) and a striker that can score were needed .
A bulls up but hopefully Pouch can get last years team together playing well for some enjoyment and pride .

Dembele has been awful this season . Wanya has done his job ok but Dembele
has been to conservative , hardly bringing the ball forward with any end product ,
Besides the pen at Arse his support and any creativity has been nearly non existent.
A shadow of the player from last season and with no quality depth in the squad has become
a major factor in our mediocre football .
Lamela we need back for his high tempo as Son is an ace bottler and 80% in ineffective.
Criminal that we haven't strengthenthed the first 11 besides Wanya but I don't think this was
such a priority as we had Dier . Creativity . Speed ( players for know) and a striker that can score were needed .
A bulls up but hopefully Pouch can get last years team together playing well for some enjoyment and pride .
While I think Dembele hasn't been up to his lofty standards of last season, he has still been one of our best players and we look a much better side with him on the pitch. Impossible to get the ball off of and there aren't too many players in the world I would rather have in his position.

With all this confidence flying around again suddenly i can see us starting complacent and going 1-0 down. Believe we will turn it around though and finish them off. i'm going 3-1 to the mighty spurs.

Finally we get a weeks training with no travelling to/from away games, no midweek game and no international break.

Everyone is losing their shit over Sissoko, but this is actually the perfect time for Poch to make an example of someone not putting in the graft on the training pitch. Every player will know that they are under the same scrutiny this week - no hiding.

Sissoko to get the winner? But I don't think we do fairy tales, so he'll end up giving away a 90th minute penalty.

Anyone know if Northumberland Park is open this weekend?

Finally we get a weeks training with no travelling to/from away games, no midweek game and no international break.

Everyone is losing their shit over Sissoko, but this is actually the perfect time for Poch to make an example of someone not putting in the graft on the training pitch. Every player will know that they are under the same scrutiny this week - no hiding.
Spurs have not had a full week to prepare for a game, without facing a midweek fixture or international commitments, since Liverpool at White Hart Lane on August 27.

While I think Dembele hasn't been up to his lofty standards of last season, he has still been one of our best players and we look a much better side with him on the pitch. Impossible to get the ball off of and there aren't too many players in the world I would rather have in his position.
Blimey we all gather he's a quality player.
I am agreeing with you . We are better with him in but he has been poor this season .
My point is that we have no quality to challenge him and his partnership with Wanya has been
mediocre , even that Wanya has been ok to good . Watch our football it's pretty poor this season .
My point is that we have no plan B and really we should look for players that improve the first 11,
If we don't want to standstill or move backwards .

Last edited:
...plus, we can't allow the worrying gap that the Top 4 have sudden;y created, to get any bigger...
4 points is wide enough, ta!
we need to cut that gap... and cut that cunt soon...
City and Chelsea will take points off each other, but I can't see Woolwich or Liverpool slipping up. Best result for us, if we win, would be for Woolwich! Liverpool and city to lose or draw which would narrow the gap to 1 or 2 from 4th and 3 or 4 from 2nd
Let let's hope Bournemouth play as well at home as they did against us and spam take points off the entitlists, whilst Palace and boro win :)

Siggy is better than Eriksen at set pieces. Would be ok in our squad. I also wouldn't mind Leroy Fer as a CM option off the bench too. His passing is not 100% but he can take on players, decent defensively good in the air and can score goals from there.

I think that's what we lack, a CM who can score goals and get forward. Dembele is a beast but he doesn't really offer much creatively or a goal threat. He's solid defensively but sometimes holds the ball too long and is more possession based with his passing. It's like we play with 2 defensive midfielders and when the others get shut out there is nothing coming from deep forward either passing wise or runs getting behind.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom