Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mostly agreed until....

1mXkH6EeAEq1q.gif

Too attached to the NBA sorry :)

Not sure why people are surprised Sisokko is starting.

Neither CCV or Wimmer covered themselves with glory during their cup appearances. So Poch could push Dier back into the back three and then have to play Sisokko in the middle with Dembele, which is a shame because Dier had a very good second half there at the weekend.

So instead he's gone for 4 at the back and hes shown in the past that Son up top and Sisokko on the right of the three behind is his preferred line up in that formation when Kane and Lamela have been injured before. The line up at the weekend was more unusual if anything as we hadn't seen that paring in the middle starting before.

Its why i was trying to convince people to suck it up about how shit Sisokko was last Saturday despite a convincing away win because i knew they'd be a very good chance he would be starting tonight.

Because he hasn't contributed to the squad in any positive manner, except to possibly confuse the opposition as to why he's on the pitch.

I'm not denying that.

But regardless of what you, i or any other fan on the internet or in the stands thinks, Poch has shown that he favours him over other options... hence why it shouldn't be a surprise.

Back
Top Bottom