swansea away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Simple fact BAE is left footer and a better player at left back than a right footed naughton.

BAE is a great player sure the are probably better Lb in the country but we can't afford to have the best player in the country for every position

AVB is doing a great jon and the art of football management is often who makes the least mistakes. Here I feal he may be mistaken.

COYS

I don't ever want to see Vertonghen at LB again. He is a center back. Belgium is spoilt for choice and he's good enough to play out wide for them where whats his face isn't. If they make the world cup they'll be idiots to play him out there, he almost acts as a 2nd creative midfielder from deep when on his game in a central position. Not to mention his interception/blocking abilities.

Fair enough, I'll withdraw that one then. At least you can see, unlike many, that BAE is pretty average when it comes to the Prem.

Re Bertrand, more overrating by the BAE people I see. I see no gap between Bertrand and BAE, in fact I'd rather have Bertrand as he's more reliable. And i think in time Bertrand will prove to be a better LB than BAE.

I'm looking forward to the end of the season and being proved right when BAE is moved on :)

Ekotto leaving wont prove he's a bad player, just that someone has offered more than the club thinks he is worth.

Fuck me, can we sticky a list of the players we are allowed to rate or not.

While I disagree to some extent with Greaves, does it really need 3 pages of people mocking him because he doesnt rate BAE as highly as others?

There is a difference between what he is saying about BAE than how people treated Jenas...and I bet some of you lot were slating Jenas.

While I disagree to some extent with Greaves, does it really need 3 pages of people mocking him because he doesnt rate BAE as highly as others?

There is a difference between what he is saying about BAE than how people treated Jenas...and I bet some of you lot were slating Jenas.

nxUlb80.gif

BAE is an average defender and a good attacking oulet with impressive passing range being his main attribute

he isn't getting slated just because of that though is he? Many other posters have said they don't rate BAE in this very thread and no one is giving them stick, have a think about why they aren't getting any grief.

Simple fact BAE is left footer and a better player at left back than a right footed naughton.

BAE is a great player sure the are probably better Lb in the country but we can't afford to have the best player in the country for every position

AVB is doing a great jon and the art of football management is often who makes the least mistakes. Here I feal he may be mistaken.

COYS

Hi PG, have to disagree. BAE is soooo NOT a great player, he's not even close to greatness. That's a classic case of overrating BAE for me. AVB is doing very well, and if he gets in a better LB than BAE, which I think is his plan, then that's smart by him.

We can't afford to have the best player in every position, true. But in certain areas we have major weaknesses. Striker(s) is our weakest area, after that LB.

Fair enough, we obviously differ. You may well be right. In the end it's up to AVB. I think he will replace BAE if he can.

Here I do agree, there definitely doesnt seem to be a real harmony between them does there?

Also, should we switch to a more traditional 433 attacking fullbacks would become essential, in which case Baines would certainly be the better fit

Eh? Baines is lightyears better than BAE. I think you're underrating him defensively as well

Baines is lightyears ahead at dead balls and crossing, as a defender? I dont agree.

He doesnt have the composure Ekotto does, doesnt have the 1 on 1 ability and cannot play himself out of trouble.

I like Baines, quite a lot - was a big fan of his at Wigan - but as a defender IMO Ekotto is far superior

Baines is lightyears ahead at dead balls and crossing, as a defender? I dont agree.

He doesnt have the composure Ekotto does, doesnt have the 1 on 1 ability and cannot play himself out of trouble.

I like Baines, quite a lot - was a big fan of his at Wigan - but as a defender IMO Ekotto is far superior

Fair enough, I'd take Baines in a nano-second. I don't even think BAE is that good a defender, he lacks concentration and discipline, and makes too many risky/costly errors to be seen as a top defender. Good yes, but not that good to make up for his weaknesses compared to Baines.

EDIT - Just saw TF's post, so won't say any more on the subject here.

I just don't understand why lb is being touted as some grave Achilles heal, and RB is not even being mentioned when its a position that has no cover and Walker regularly forgetting which way we're shooting. Benny hasn't found his feet since the injury, but he certainly doesn't worry me when he plays.

Not sure why he's been marked as the architect of our downfall when it's clear we are devoid of creativity in the final third.

Back
Top Bottom