Supporters Trust

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They really need to drop the stuff about Milton Keynes.

Complaining about the car parking now FFS - it was about a million times easier to park there than at Wembley or White Hart Lane.

exactly this. i was able to park right outside 'my gate". That was superb, as was my seat.

On the evening of Monday 2 March 2020, representatives of the Trust Board met with representatives of the Spurs Executive Board and senior Club staff for a scheduled 'Board to Board' meeting. The following notes from the session have been signed off by both the Trust and the Club.

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Board to Board Meeting

Monday 2 March 2020
Tottenham Hotspur Football & Athletic Co Ltd, Lilywhite House

THST Board:
Martin Cloake, Co-chair (MC)
Katrina Law, Co-chair (KL)
Pete Haine, Secretary (PH)
Anthoulla Achilleos (AA)
Michael Green (MG)
Rachel Martin (RM)
Rob White (RW)

THFC Board:
Daniel Levy, Chairman (DL)
Donna-Maria Cullen, Executive Director (DMC)
Simon Bamber, Director (SB)
Levi Harris, Supporter Liaison Officer (LH)
Ian Murphy, Head of Ticketing (IM)
Eileen Williams, Safety Officer (EW)
Simon Felstein, Head of Communications (SF)
Tiggy Thompson, Head of Supporter Experience (TT)

The trust instead of pursuing TV coverage should be lobbying the Government on fans returning to the stadium. As a non season ticket holder I will not personally benefit but those season ticket holders that want to go should be able to do so from 12th Sept rather than October. What reason is there for the delay? I accept there will be reduced capacity but keep lobbying for it to go up if proved safe. Watching Football being played in empty stadiums is not the same and the loss of income is not sustainable for the whole season.
They have. 🤦‍♂️

Couldn’t see a thread dedicated to the supporters trust so I thought if star my one.

I’m going to sign up as a trust member next payday and was wondering if there are any other trust supporters on the board?

Also, listening to the emergency pod this week and once again I am finding Kat’s voice really sexy. Am I alone on this one?

I am. And my mate shempz shempz is.

Kat Law
_8015456.jpg

Honest question, are there any examples of a football club trust with a huge support getting things done at their football club on a continual basis? Basically becoming an extra voice at board level type thing.
Liverpool's.
I think theirs (more than one) is the largest in the country. Helped push Hillsborough stuff though, have got Liverpool to re-think ticketing for new stand, got Liverpool to do u-turn on ticket pricing.

I'm going to join after reading this thread. Emailed Martin once and he was very helpful. I've followed his writing loosely since the days of CaDD and it's top drawer in my opinion. And heard Kat on the podcast once (not the most recent one) and thought she came across very well too.

Repeating a quote from Martin cloake on the Podcast in regards to ENIC.

“.....they genuinely believe they are doing us a favour...”

Well, ENIC fuck you.

And if the THST have a way to stand up to such a pathetic attitude and be heard. However muted their voice, all power to them.

The idea of a trust is a good one. But I don’t feel the current version is representive enough nor professional enough. I certainly have issues over their MK statement and also the Transfer window statement on reflection is not right to my appreciation. I also personally don’t see the value in their chummy “lads” approach - maybe this is just how poorly I have received them on podcasts ?

To try to be constructive about how we could move forward to create a Trust with a more solid platform and added validity I’ve been trying to germinate an idea.....

Firstly, I feel that adding to numbers is important, to give any Trust better validity the numbers need to be high.

Secondly, I feel money is important to make the tangible rewards of a having a Trust obvious, and to create some influence with the board you need professional and financial positioning. ENIC recognise money first. If a Trust comes across as too informal or a bit “tin pot” your influence is reduced.

Scraping up tenners you can’t assume that multi millionaires are not going to give a rats arse what you think. I am cynical I know.

So my idea would be to scrap the current version of the Trust all together. Then create a new Trust, one for which those who represent us have a larger majority of “us” behind them.

How is that achevied. An idea would be that ENIC agree to either donate £10 / £20 from each and every season ticket purchase or, to be more realistic the money is added to each season ticket price, and that additional sum is is directly passed over into a new “Trust” and you become a Trust member as a result of this process.

Immediately the new Trust has club investment and annual significant funds of around £400,000 - £800,000. Money received must be ring fenced to promote the needs of fans and improve fan based issues at our club on match days and beyond ( no money would be spent beyond but the supporter base - i.e i do not believe they should start donating money to charity or FSF or similar.

Now if you are a season ticket holder and you are automatically also a trust member, you have an added influence and an added responsibility. That should be ( largely ) positive?

For members or others the £10 /. £20 remains optional. I don’t see another way to deal with this as the addition sum on a membership price is quite a hike. But maybe people will go for it ? They afterall already do to some extent. There is a question over under 18 membership also. Do Junior ST holders involved or not ? I think yes actually. Juniors are rather obviously our future.

Once the £ has been taken from supporters they should all have access to an online “Trust” platform where firstly there will be an “election” of a SMALL board. One person one vote principle.

Once the board is in place they will, where necessary, canvas all opinions via an online voting portal and the results of any question will be fully published and transparent. The Board, under their conditions of existence, should then only take forward the majority concern. Minority opinion being noted. But not canvassed.

The majority opinion approach stops personal agends. It removes the Trust from the influence of The wider entities of FSF ( who are a bunch I do not want representing me anyway )

The “heads” of an Elected Trust can be elected by relatively simple means, for example secure on line voting, and then with a substantial basis of influence can sit closer to the club and represent the concerns / views of a majority.

Ok ENIC would have to agree to do this, and it’s not perfect, but it has a lot more validity than what is currently going on. Where minority opinion is often presented as representative. And it doesn’t feel like the club really care.

Sorry if the above is a bit blue sky thinking......

That's a really good post, apart from the 'blue sky thinking' phrase. :disdain:

I imagine one of the trust's disciples is going to tell you to stand for election if you want to make a difference or something similar.

The idea of a trust is a good one. But I don’t feel the current version is representive enough nor professional enough. I certainly have issues over their MK statement and also the Transfer window statement on reflection is not right to my appreciation. I also personally don’t see the value in their chummy “lads” approach - maybe this is just how poorly I have received them on podcasts ?

To try to be constructive about how we could move forward to create a Trust with a more solid platform and added validity I’ve been trying to germinate an idea.....

Firstly, I feel that adding to numbers is important, to give any Trust better validity the numbers need to be high.

Secondly, I feel money is important to make the tangible rewards of a having a Trust obvious, and to create some influence with the board you need professional and financial positioning. ENIC recognise money first. If a Trust comes across as too informal or a bit “tin pot” your influence is reduced.

Scraping up tenners you can’t assume that multi millionaires are not going to give a rats arse what you think. I am cynical I know.

So my idea would be to scrap the current version of the Trust all together. Then create a new Trust, one for which those who represent us have a larger majority of “us” behind them.

How is that achevied. An idea would be that ENIC agree to either donate £10 / £20 from each and every season ticket purchase or, to be more realistic the money is added to each season ticket price, and that additional sum is is directly passed over into a new “Trust” and you become a Trust member as a result of this process.

Immediately the new Trust has club investment and annual significant funds of around £400,000 - £800,000. Money received must be ring fenced to promote the needs of fans and improve fan based issues at our club on match days and beyond ( no money would be spent beyond but the supporter base - i.e i do not believe they should start donating money to charity or FSF or similar.

Now if you are a season ticket holder and you are automatically also a trust member, you have an added influence and an added responsibility. That should be ( largely ) positive?

For members or others the £10 /. £20 remains optional. I don’t see another way to deal with this as the addition sum on a membership price is quite a hike. But maybe people will go for it ? They afterall already do to some extent. There is a question over under 18 membership also. Do Junior ST holders involved or not ? I think yes actually. Juniors are rather obviously our future.

Once the £ has been taken from supporters they should all have access to an online “Trust” platform where firstly there will be an “election” of a SMALL board. One person one vote principle.

Once the board is in place they will, where necessary, canvas all opinions via an online voting portal and the results of any question will be fully published and transparent. The Board, under their conditions of existence, should then only take forward the majority concern. Minority opinion being noted. But not canvassed.

The majority opinion approach stops personal agends. It removes the Trust from the influence of The wider entities of FSF ( who are a bunch I do not want representing me anyway )

The “heads” of an Elected Trust can be elected by relatively simple means, for example secure on line voting, and then with a substantial basis of influence can sit closer to the club and represent the concerns / views of a majority.

Ok ENIC would have to agree to do this, and it’s not perfect, but it has a lot more validity than what is currently going on. Where minority opinion is often presented as representative. And it doesn’t feel like the club really care.

Sorry if the above is a bit blue sky thinking......

And then it all falls down at the phrase 'ENIC would have to agree'

Not sure I entirely agree on the LP front. There's certainly the potential for that to happen, but in practice you can accumulate 300 points over the four-five years period or very close to it* without doing any away matches - you just need to go to most/all home games in the cups. After two-three years you start becoming eligible for a good number of away games which you then need to start doing occasionally to get the high-demand ones. It actually seems to work fairly well.

*Guarenteed 35 for gold membership each year. On average maybe ~4 home domestic cup games at 4 points each = ~16. If we're in the CL then it's normally 6 for the GS, and on average likely at least ~4 thereafter allowing for strong chance of dropping into Europa, making it 60 for the year/240-300 at any one time if you keep it up. If we're in the EL it's 12 points for the group, average of about 8 more for the knockouts = 70 per year/280-350 at any one time.

Agree with this to an extent but it's not quite that simple.

People that get away tickets still get loyalty points for those games. There are at least 19 away games a season which would potentially outweigh the home cup ties/points. Say you get 2 points on average for away games, that an additional 38 points that other season ticket holders cannot get. Plus those members can also go to every home cup game and get those points so you never actually make any ground.

Vicious circle!

Spurs fans have got some good points to discuss with BT Sport such as their selection in the FA Cup, which saw our third round tie at Tranmere moved to a Friday 7.45pm kick-off, making it impossible for Spurs fans to get home via public transport.

IMO broadcasters should be mandated to ensure there is public transport available to get people back to the town/city where their club is situated after the match.

Several local derbies that could have been played on the Friday evening which would have allowed fans easy travel - and Tranmere/Spurs was not a 'must have' glamour tie fir TV, it was just a choice for BT

Back
Top Bottom