Supporters Trust

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why don't you?

Because I am not presumptuous enough to think I could ever speak for the majority of Spurs fans. You will never speak for all but should represent at least 75% I think, the trust currently don't represent 10% (at best) of the fan base. I fear the current incumbents have ruined it for anyone else with their nonsense, especially lately.

Because I am not presumptuous enough to think I could ever speak for the majority of Spurs fans. You will never speak for all but should represent at least 75% I think, the trust currently don't represent 10% (at best) of the fan base. I fear the current incumbents have ruined it for anyone else with their nonsense, especially lately.
Find me an opinion that 75% of Spurs fans agree with

How do the trust benefit from the club turning a blind eye to ticket reselling?

(Genuine question)
I can't speak for Limod, but I looked at joining the trust a few years back when I was a member (now a proud season ticket holder 2nd time round) and looking around the website I was put off and thought it was more of a club for season ticket holders than representing the wider range of the Spurs community (this may have changed since?).

I would be interested to know what the supporters trust thinks or proposes over the away tickets being resold over twitter to faceless strangers for loyalty point hoarding purposes, as its gone beyond a joke and pisses me off to be honest.

I can't speak for Limod, but I looked at joining the trust a few years back when I was a member (now a proud season ticket holder 2nd time round) and looking around the website I was put off and thought it was more of a club for season ticket holders than representing the wider range of the Spurs community (this may have changed since?).

I would be interested to know what the supporters trust thinks or proposes over the away tickets being resold over twitter to faceless strangers for loyalty point hoarding purposes, as its gone beyond a joke and pisses me off to be honest.

Oh I absolutely agree, I just can’t see how the trust itself benefits from it.

How do the trust benefit from the club turning a blind eye to ticket reselling?

(Genuine question)
Martin and Kat are both top end Season Ticket holders and in their position have a lot of 'friends' who are also in that category. They all benefit from getting away tickets for every game and selling them on because they still get the loyalty points meaning they will always get away tickets.

They do obviously go to games as well and I'm not saying they sell EVERY away ticket they get. But they do do it. Putting a stop to that would eventually hamper them and their friends hence why they turn a blind eye to it and immediately try to shut down anyone that mentions it on twitter.

Martin and Kat are both top end Season Ticket holders and in their position have a lot of 'friends' who are also in that category. They all benefit from getting away tickets for every game and selling them on because they still get the loyalty points meaning they will always get away tickets.

They do obviously go to games as well and I'm not saying they sell EVERY away ticket they get. But they do do it. Putting a stop to that would eventually hamper them and their friends hence why they turn a blind eye to it and immediately try to shut down anyone that mentions it on twitter.

Ah I see, so its the trust board that benefit personally rather than the trust as an organisation. Makes more sense. Thanks for clearing it up.

Do you know this for a fact, or do you just post a conspiracy theory on here dressed as a fact?

I had enough points for Huddersfield and so had most of my mates. Yet I e-mailed the Trust a couple of days ago asking them to raise this issue with the club. It makes no sense to award 4 loyalty points for a game that requires 350 points. Everyone isn't always looking after their own interest at all times, believe it or not.

Do you know this for a fact, or do you just post a conspiracy theory on here dressed as a fact?

I had enough points for Huddersfield and so had most of my mates. Yet I e-mailed the Trust a couple of days ago asking them to raise this issue with the club. It makes no sense to award 4 loyalty points for a game that requires 350 points. Everyone isn't always looking after their own interest at all times, believe it or not.
100% a fact.

That's admirable of you and agree that it makes no sense. But that doesn't take away from the fact that people apply for away tickets and sell them on purely to keep themselves in the top bracket of ST holders by accumulating the points.

And it's a not an accusation aimed at you whether you do that or not. I completely get why people do it. But the whole point was that the Trust have their own agenda and ultimately look after themselves, away tickets being an example of that.

The more i read about the trust the more it just seems to me that they just represent themselves and their own opinions and not the ordinary Spurs fan.

100% a fact.

That's admirable of you and agree that it makes no sense. But that doesn't take away from the fact that people apply for away tickets and sell them on purely to keep themselves in the top bracket of ST holders by accumulating the points.

And it's a not an accusation aimed at you whether you do that or not. I completely get why people do it. But the whole point was that the Trust have their own agenda and ultimately look after themselves, away tickets being an example of that.

This is an accusation though, not a fact. You could be right of course, but none of us really knows that, do we?

Update from The Trust for anyone interested.

I get that they may mean well, but fuck me they are miserable bunch at times. MK match was a hugely positive, fun evening with an excellent intimate atmosphere. Any STH or Member who wanted a ticket could get one. The overwhelming feeling on the night was of togetherness, and the players loved it. The Trust should be representing the balanced views of fans, not just spewing personal negativity all the time.

THST News - September 2018

The trust.. zzzzzzzz

tumblr_m9ofujPsaA1r7zwq8.gif

Update from The Trust for anyone interested.

I get that they may mean well, but fuck me they are miserable bunch at times. MK match was a hugely positive, fun evening with an excellent intimate atmosphere. Any STH or Member who wanted a ticket could get one. The overwhelming feeling on the night was of togetherness, and the players loved it. The Trust should be representing the balanced views of fans, not just spewing personal negativity all the time.

THST News - September 2018

They really need to drop the stuff about Milton Keynes.

Complaining about the car parking now FFS - it was about a million times easier to park there than at Wembley or White Hart Lane.

They don't appear to be picking the right battles to fight.

The way the club allocate away tickets is open to be abused. It's a vicious circle, you can't get a ticket without 300+ loyalty points and you can't build up your loyalty points because you don't have enough to allow you to buy them.

MK wasn't an ideal venue, especially for an evening game, but don't see what options the Club had, and once the decision had been made, don't think it was wise to advocate a boycott.

I would have preferred it if they had concentrated on challenging the Club in re-thinking the allocation of 1882 seats in the South Stand.

Doubt that I'll renew my membership.

Last edited:
They don't appear to be picking the right battles to fight.

The way the club allocate away tickets is open to be abused. It's a vicious circle, you can't get a ticket without 300+ loyalty points and you can't build up your loyalty points because you don't have enough to allow you to buy them.

MK wasn't an ideal venue, especially for an evening game, but don't see what options the Club had, and once the decision had been made, don't think it was wise to advocate a boycott.

I would have preferred it if they had concentrated on challenging the Club in re-thinking the allocation of 1882 seats in the South Stand.

Doubt that I'll renew my membership.
Not sure I entirely agree on the LP front. There's certainly the potential for that to happen, but in practice you can accumulate 300 points over the four-five years period or very close to it* without doing any away matches - you just need to go to most/all home games in the cups. After two-three years you start becoming eligible for a good number of away games which you then need to start doing occasionally to get the high-demand ones. It actually seems to work fairly well.

*Guarenteed 35 for gold membership each year. On average maybe ~4 home domestic cup games at 4 points each = ~16. If we're in the CL then it's normally 6 for the GS, and on average likely at least ~4 thereafter allowing for strong chance of dropping into Europa, making it 60 for the year/240-300 at any one time if you keep it up. If we're in the EL it's 12 points for the group, average of about 8 more for the knockouts = 70 per year/280-350 at any one time.

Not sure I entirely agree on the LP front. There's certainly the potential for that to happen, but in practice you can accumulate 300 points over the four-five years period or very close to it* without doing any away matches - you just need to go to most/all home games in the cups. After two-three years you start becoming eligible for a good number of away games which you then need to start doing occasionally to get the high-demand ones. It actually seems to work fairly well.

*Guarenteed 35 for gold membership each year. On average maybe ~4 home domestic cup games at 4 points each = ~16. If we're in the CL then it's normally 6 for the GS, and on average likely at least ~4 thereafter allowing for strong chance of dropping into Europa, making it 60 for the year/240-300 at any one time if you keep it up. If we're in the EL it's 12 points for the group, average of about 8 more for the knockouts = 70 per year/280-350 at any one time.

Agree, loyalty points totals are only low across the board because less than 50% of season ticket holders go to home domestic cup games.

There's only a small hard-core that have 500+, but they basically never miss a game.

They really need to drop the stuff about Milton Keynes.

Complaining about the car parking now FFS - it was about a million times easier to park there than at Wembley or White Hart Lane.

exactly this. i was able to park right outside 'my gate". That was superb, as was my seat.

Back
Top Bottom