Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Werner is a bit of a litmus test on whether we're serious. Make it permanent then we're not. It would be a typical Tottenham doing a deal because the price is right situation without much thought on the improvement it brings us. He might be ok squad filler, he's done alright but didnt we get Solomon for that. It would still be a £15m hit to the budget and a foreign trained player spot used.

I’m not even worried about how the rest of the season goes. Couldn’t care less and won’t even watch.

What worries me the most is shit like Werner on a permanent in the summer and other assorted mediocre chaff coming in.
Can’t do this model anymore. Full to the fucking gills with it. I’d genuinely prefer to get relegated and play 8 academy kids.

We'd limit the chances teams have against us by being able to keep the ball and keeping the ball further from our goal.

When you've got Johnson, who isn't the best technically or Werner who again likes to beat his man and waste a chance or Son up to who can't hold the ball up, the ball is always going to come back towards us and because we play high, teams can counter.

Watch Woolwich and City. They're as high as us. But they're offence is a lot more comfortable in possession and usually limit their opponents chances because of it. Every now and then, a ball over the top will cause those teams problems but it's alot less over the course of 90 minutes than ours.

The better our attackers, the more fear our opponents have, the more chances we'd create, the less chances we'd concede.

Our front three has been a problem all season. Probably just as much as set pieces over the course tbh.
Not wishing to compliment the forwards of that lot, but when they were pressing us yesterday, at times, there were five or six of them putting us under pressure.

We had Son running around a lot trying to cover everyone.

Poor coaching? Lazy players? Incapable players? Doubt it’s the last one, as it doesn’t take extreme levels of talent to run towards the oppo player who has the ball.

Not wishing to compliment the forwards of that lot, but when they were pressing us yesterday, at times, there were five or six of them putting us under pressure.

We had Son running around a lot trying to cover everyone.

Poor coaching? Lazy players? Incapable players? Doubt it’s the last one, as it doesn’t take extreme levels of talent to run towards the oppo player who has the ball.

I think it's likely more that Arteta has a really good first eleven of players engrained into exactly what he wants from them off of years and years of backing and support.

I think we dealt with Arsenals press really well tbh.

I think it's likely more that Arteta has a really good first eleven of players engrained into exactly what he wants from them off of years and years of backing and support.

I think we dealt with Arsenals press really well tbh.
With the exception of the first goal, we did. But didn’t make the same effort when they had the ball.

Werner is a bit of a litmus test on whether we're serious. Make it permanent then we're not. It would be a typical Tottenham doing a deal because the price is right situation without much thought on the improvement it brings us. He might be ok squad filler, he's done alright but didnt we get Solomon for that. It would still be a £15m hit to the budget and a foreign trained player spot used.
We’re absolutely buying Werner. No way we turn down that sort of financial ‘opportunity’.

Hasn’t this happened before when players have come to the stadium to watch and not been lined up for a move here?

Adebayor famously came to WHL to watch a match, when there were rumours he might come to Spurs, denied by a number of ITK's

I think him shaking hands with Levy as he sat close to him at the start of the match may have been the cause of a few ITK's to change their message ! :wall: :wall:

I’m not even worried about how the rest of the season goes. Couldn’t care less and won’t even watch.

What worries me the most is shit like Werner on a permanent in the summer and other assorted mediocre chaff coming in.
Can’t do this model anymore. Full to the fucking gills with it. I’d genuinely prefer to get relegated and play 8 academy kids.
How can you so staunchly defend Ange whilst also admitting that you're not watching? Does he really have that much credit in the bank with you?

Back
Top Bottom