Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

z

We definitely need a strong no.6, but we also need someone to challenge Madders. We can't wait for him to find his form every time he comes back from an injury - or is out with an injury. MGW would be really useful.
I agree with you 100%.

If I thought ENIC would be willing to release funds to allow us to sign a player of MGW level to challenge Maddison then obviously, I’d say bring him in.

But we need to be realistic here.

good amount of goal involvements in a team playing nuno football, also younger than Maddison. Think he would be a good addition to have him and Maddison compete/rotate for that 10 role though not sure where that would put Kulu long term.
Kulusevski is the type of guy if we get serious interest in him from a club that are willing to give us the 30 odd million we paid for him, we should bite their hand off.

He obviously has talent but is an incredibly one dimensional player.

I can see a kind of Lamela situation developing with him though whereby we’re saddled with him for years in the hope that one day he comes good. But alas in true Spurs style, the day never arrives and all of a sudden he’s here 10 years and is still a nothing player.

Kulusevski is the type of guy if we get serious interest in him from a club that are willing to give us the 30 odd million we paid for him, we should bite their hand off.

I can see a kind of Lamela situation developing with him though whereby we’re saddled with him for years in the hope that one day he comes good. But alas in true Spurs style, the day never arrives and all of a sudden he’s here 10 years and is still a nothing player.

i liked lamela but Kulu is comfortably better, he's already close to lamelas total spurs career league output just after 2 and a bit seasons

I do think though that Ange relegating a previous regimes player to a cameo bench role doesn't bold well for him long term

Last edited:
Why do people speculate about wages without having any clue on what they may be?

........Because this info is often made available and whether one likes it or not player wages are a significant chunk of the annual playing budget for any club.

It's really little difference to talking about TRF fees.... Sources may vary, bonuses are a grey area and accounting practices mean that it's only a rough science, but the only other alternative is to close one's eyes to the financial implications of the game (inside and outside of the club) completely.

At any point if one ponders "can we sign X" immediately £££s become, in one way or another, a primary factor.

Last edited:
It's started already, hasn't it

2Ee.gif

Every manager gets 1 window of spend if they are lucky and usually on the back of sales.

After that, on your own pal.

That's not the story of Lamela at all.

Damn good player, 100% down with the cause but was simply hampered by injury.

Last edited:

View: https://x.com/thespursexpress/status/1781193424143864286?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

Shared this on the levy thread but shit like this is the clubs way of telling fans don’t expect much ambition in the summer

While I'm personally less bothered about CL Vs Europa next season, it's a bad sign. We want the coaches & players to be absolutely chomping at the bit to win the remaining games this season. Doesn't sound like that's the message filtering down.

Other than Kane we've barely sold any players for big money, at the right time, for years. Sometimes you just have to cash in and reinvest.

While I'm personally less bothered about CL Vs Europa next season, it's a bad sign. We want the coaches & players to be absolutely chomping at the bit to win the remaining games this season. Doesn't sound like that's the message filtering down.

It's not even about the CL for me mate.

It's what it says about the levels of ambition in general.

Are we trying to win the Premier League or not?

Because "The Europa might be ok cos we don't have good players" isn't compatible with really harbouring any ambition to win things.

If we miss CL this year the club should take that as the final straw that they haven't invested well enough in the squad to win things. And do something about it...

If Toney can be had for £35m that’s a no brainer to me

Absolutely, categorically, indefuckinsputeably not.

Hasn't scored for 8 games and was benched in the last one.

Provided 1 assist in 13 since coming back and Brentford aren't playing any better either.

Imagine Sonny going 9 games without a goal? When Richy has done that he's been pilloried from pillar to post.

He's cretin who overrates himself and slags off his own team.

Back
Top Bottom