Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's shown that with regular game time, he can get us 15-20 goals a season. That's a good investment to me.

I don't see the point in getting rid and spending more money on another striker when it isn't a guarantee that the output will increase and also when there are other priorities.

I'd rather get another player who can make up for his weak points. Get a left winger who can retain the ball in the final third instead.
He can score goals but having him as number one striker is standing still. He’s not good enough for us in my eyes. That’s my opinion but some think he’s verty good. I’ve yet to see that.

Definitely a creative type like Eze,Toney and a wide player who has the ability to run in behind teams but can take it to feet and link the play. I think if we improve those areas we don’t continually lose the ball and get done on the counter. I’m being greedy so I want another DM

Tough..... Your vitual DOF (i.e. Me) says you can't have one. :cool:

He can score goals but having him as number one striker is standing still. He’s not good enough for us in my eyes. That’s my opinion but some think he’s verty good. I’ve yet to see that.
It just depends on your criteria really.

If you score goals that's enough for me personally. Others want a bit more and I get that, but ultimately goals win you games and what you do in the box is the most important part in my opinion.

Ederson to replace PEH
Gallagher to replace Bissouma.We’d have Ederson, Bentancur, Gallagher, Sarr, Bergwall .Skipp can go
New left wing, to rotate with Son, Werner can go
New right wing along with Johnson, Dejan can go
Gibbs- White to challenge Maddison.
New striker, Ricky can go, Veliz can be back up amd introduce Lankshere gradually.

Son is fine as ST when we can legit play on the counter. Trouble is, most of the time we play against low block. We need a Richy type to be physical in the box.

No backup for Richy and we struggle against bus parkers.

Trouble now with making Son captain is you can’t bench the captain if he is available to play. He’s just not effective against low blocks, except maybe from the wing, and even then, maybe not.

It’s a pickle for sure. I don’t foresee us spending enough on ST and winger this summer to not be in need of Son next season, but if we buy anyone clearly better in his positions, it’ll be difficult to play them over “the captain” when he is available.

I don’t see this situation ending well unfortunately.

I wouldn't mind Spurs getting 2 quality WF (RWF & LWF) this summer - but priority should be a left-footed WF to challenge Kulusevski.

Here the RWF options I would go for:

Johan Bakayoko
Takefusa Kubo
Matìas Soulè
Samuel Chukwueze

Mohammed Kudus - (WH will want Lucas Paquetá money –i.e. Kudo will be too expensive)
Pedro Neto - (too injury prone)

Prospects
Roony Bardghji (København)
Dani Rodríguez (Barcelona)
Diego Moreria (Benfica)
Luis Guilherme (Palmeiras)
Estevão Willian (Palmeiras)
Lorran (Flamengo)
Abdul Fatawu (Sporting CP)

Last edited:
Son is fine as ST when we can legit play on the counter. Trouble is, most of the time we play against low block. We need a Richy type to be physical in the box.

No backup for Richy and we struggle against bus parkers.

Trouble now with making Son captain is you can’t bench the captain if he is available to play. He’s just not effective against low blocks, except maybe from the wing, and even then, maybe not.

It’s a pickle for sure. I don’t foresee us spending enough on ST and winger this summer to not be in need of Son next season, but if we buy anyone clearly better in his positions, it’ll be difficult to play them over “the captain” when he is available.

I don’t see this situation ending well unfortunately.
Looks like, Ange will have to have a "make do" purchase on some of the summer buys.

Gallagher to replace Bissouma
Doesn’t Gallagher play higher up the pitch than Bissouma?
If not then I like this idea in theory. For about 20m (assuming that’s the difference in fee between buying CG and selling Bissouma — maybe less given the CG contract situation and Chelsea’s financial problems), we can get rid of an underperforming player and open up a non-HG slot for a better performer.
Do we really expect to sell both PEH and Bissouma in the same window? I would think it unlikely.

But surely Ange’s system prefers a true winger on the right to challenge Kulu rather than an inverted left-footed one?
Then why did he keep playing Kulu on the right and while using a right-footer on the left? Almost all this season Angelos' played with inverted WF. Only after Kulu's drop in form has Angelos favored Johnson over Kulu.
And even if Angelos will change that next season Spurs would need left-footed WF.

Then why did he keep playing Kulu on the right and while using a right-footer on the left? Almost all this season Angelos' played with inverted WF. Only after Kulu's drop in form has Angelos favored Johnson over Kulu.
My understanding from those that know him from his previous managerial stints is that he favours traditional wingers. I wouldn’t have seen enough of his previous teams to know otherwise.
Could be that he was waiting for Johnson to get used to his system or, more likely, just went with the in-form player given his squad limitations.

Doesn’t Gallagher play higher up the pitch than Bissouma?
If not then I like this idea in theory. For about 20m (assuming that’s the difference in fee between buying CG and selling Bissouma — maybe less given the CG contract situation and Chelsea’s financial problems), we can get rid of an underperforming player and open up a non-HG slot for a better performer.
Do we really expect to sell both PEH and Bissouma in the same window? I would think it unlikely.
Gallagher can play deeper but is better at bringing the ball out than Bissouma imho.

I wouldn't mind Spurs getting 2 quality WF (RWF & LWF) this summer - but priority should be a left-footed WF to challenge Kulusevski.

Here the RWF options I would go for:

Johan Bakayoko
Takefusa Kubo
Matìas Soulè
Samuel Chukwueze

Mohammed Kudus - (WH will want Lucas Paquetá money –i.e. Kudo will be too expensive)
Pedro Neto - (too injury prone)

Prospects
Roony Bardghji (København)
Dani Rodríguez (Barcelona)
Diego Moreria (Benfica)
Luis Guilherme (Palmeiras)
Estevão Willian (Palmeiras)
Lorran (Flamengo)
Abdul Fatawu (Sporting CP)
I think Johnson would challenge Dejan, not that Dejan is a true winger. We need Son back to the left, not for long now sadly and a challenger and eventual replacement for him.

I think it's worth keeping Bissouma for another season. We all know what his capabilities are and I hate to see them in another team.

Back
Top Bottom