Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watched him a few times earlier in the season, genuinely looked incredible. Finished absolutely everything.

Not watch much Feyenoord at all second half of the season, but he looks to be well out of form.

Eredivisie is always hard to gauge. You either get a van Nistelrooy, Suarez or you get a Janssen, De Jong

Based on our scouting and buys over the last few windows, I'd be inclined to trust our scouting team and Ange if he wants him though - might be perfect to just finish off chances.
Fair enough. Whoever we hypothetically get in as striker, they need to have a profile of getting in the damn box and putting the ball away when one of our wingers whips in that ball. Sonny ain't doing it, currently.

Perhaps Gimenez is built for that.

Fair enough. Whoever we hypothetically get in as striker, they need to have a profile of getting in the damn box and putting the ball away when one of our wingers whips in that ball. Sonny ain't doing it, currently.

Perhaps Gimenez is built for that.

Son seems to make his run to the penalty area and draw defenders so that Brennan can get space to get in front of the keeper and tap it in. We create so many chances that way

Oprah Winfrey Car GIF

So many signings for us according to the media Levy giving me Oprah vibes . I reckon 3-4 signings max in reality

That Moment watching PSG vs Barca and You realise any of of the 22 players on the field, and anyone of the substitutes will walk into a 1st team starting place at Spurs

Levy needs to see what Real Football Clubs look like.

That Moment watching PSG vs Barca and You realise any of of the 22 players on the field, and anyone of the substitutes will walk into a 1st team starting place at Spurs

Levy needs to see what Real Football Clubs look like.
Funny.

From the starting XI's I'd say 3 from PSG (Mbappe, Dembele. Lucas Hernandez) and for Barca it's more like 6 (Lewa, Lamal, Gundogan, De Jong, Cancelo, Kounde)

He's part of a Leverkusen team that's about to win their first Bundesliga title ever and will be in the CL next season.
I strongly doubt he'll join Spurs to be van de Ven's understudy and a make-shift LB.
Last season a £50m fee was quoted for him and he's not cheaper now.

Quite.

Apparently, part of convincing Alonso to stay was the pledge of not selling his team off too.

Funny.

From the starting XI's I'd say 3 from PSG (Mbappe, Dembele. Lucas Hernandez) and for Barca it's more like 6 (Lewa, Lamal, Gundogan, De Jong, Cancelo, Kounde)

Raphinia, Lewandowski, Yamal . Barca
Mbape, Asensio, Dembele Barcola, Ramos. PSG
I'd take any of those over Kulu, Werner, Johnson, Richie,

De Yong, Sergio Roberto, Gundogan, Pedri, Felix, Christensen, Barca
Vitina, Ruiz, Zaïre-emery, Urgarte
I'd take them over , Bissouma, Skipp, Lo Celso and Bentancur (Based on Current form) any day. Sarr and Madison I'd keep.

Cancelo, Arujo and Konde. Barca
Marquinos, Mendes, PSG
Much as I'm getting used to Udogie and Porro, you can't compare. VDV and Romero will get the nod as CB.

Sorry to disappoint you. But any these players in Ange's system, are way above what we have.

Maybe I exaggerated a little. 60-70 % of the players will start at Spurs.

Watched him a few times earlier in the season, genuinely looked incredible. Finished absolutely everything.

Not watch much Feyenoord at all second half of the season, but he looks to be well out of form.

Eredivisie is always hard to gauge. You either get a van Nistelrooy, Suarez or you get a Janssen, De Jong

Based on our scouting and buys over the last few windows, I'd be inclined to trust our scouting team and Ange if he wants him though - might be perfect to just finish off chances.

I think we only go for a striker if we have a large offer from Saudis for Richarlison (I don't see anyone else with enough cash to pay top dollar for him) - so we are reactive to bids for him as there won't be many possible bidders for him.

This season Richarlison has got 10 goals and 3 assists in 25 PL appearances, so I think he's ok and not a priority to move on without a big bid to fund his replacement - a real need in terms of forwards is a left winger replacing Gil in our squad, unless we think Werner is the answer to sign permanently. Werner to me is ok, but I'd prefer to get better if we can so as to get a real goal threat on the left to match or better our right wing (on the right we have Johnson 4g/7a and Kulusevski 6g/3a this season).

Last edited:
Raphinia, Lewandowski, Yamal . Barca
Mbape, Asensio, Dembele Barcola, Ramos. PSG
I'd take any of those over Kulu, Werner, Johnson, Richie,

De Yong, Sergio Roberto, Gundogan, Pedri, Felix, Christensen, Barca
Vitina, Ruiz, Zaïre-emery, Urgarte
I'd take them over , Bissouma, Skipp, Lo Celso and Bentancur (Based on Current form) any day. Sarr and Madison I'd keep.

Cancelo, Arujo and Konde. Barca
Marquinos, Mendes, PSG
Much as I'm getting used to Udogie and Porro, you can't compare. VDV and Romero will get the nod as CB.

Sorry to disappoint you. But any these players in Ange's system, are way above what we have.

Maybe I exaggerated a little. 60-70 % of the players will start at Spurs.
Nah...lol kounde is a right centerback who only wants to play right centerback, he's not better than Romero. De Jong is intresting played against us in that infamous Ajax game he's a talented footballer but he is far from the world breaker some believe, like almost all that Ajax side he was over rated. Raphina is another he is very much a similar level as Richarlison capable of moments but not a Vinicius level winger. Did you actually watch Christian at Chelsea? Sergio Roberto...lol. Some of the players your raving about are not the titans you imagine City would dismantle that Barcelona or PSG team.

Back
Top Bottom