Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oprah Winfrey Car GIF

So many signings for us according to the media Levy giving me Oprah vibes . I reckon 3-4 signings max in reality

Generally agree.

1 Its pretty obvious who will be high up the leaving list.:
CM's - Both Lo Celso and Hojbjerg have one year left on their contracts and both want to move on through lack of game time.
LW - Gil rarely makes the squad, nice player but not built for PL.
LB - Sessegnon, contract may end in June with Spurs having a one year option or run until June 2025, but given his injury/lack of availability and lack of success at Spurs since joining in 2019, every chance he'll move on in June. Likely replaced by a LCB/LB

So that's Five current squad members likely moving on plus a decision to be made on Werner. But Sarr and Udogie no longer u21 players so they need to be registered in 2024/5 taking 2 of the leavers positions.

2. Both Davies and Royal can play full back and CB, but neither meet Ange's definition of either position. However both decent footballers who have done well this season when called upon, so one or both might stay another season, but ideally a R/L full back comes in ?

Taking out our 5 likely leavers, adding Bergvall, but leaving Werner in leaves this squad :

GK -Vicario/Forster/Austin
RB - Porro/Royal
CB - Romero/VDV/Dragusin,
LB - Udogie/Davies
CM1 - Bissouma/Skipp
CM2 - Bentancur/Sarr
CM3 - Maddison/Bergvall
RW - Kulusevski/Johnson
LW – Werner (loan) Solomon
CF – Son/Richarlison

Using UEFA Squad rules :for the above list of players :
16 Overseas trained, 2 Club trained, 4 'Other HG', = 22 players (one space to fill squad)
( excludes Veliz, Phillips who might stay or be loaned out again - count as u21 in PL)
(HG players - Maddison, Johnson, Davies, Forster, Club Trained - Austin, Skipp)
(Excludes players loaned out eg Ndombele, Reguilon, Rodon, Tanganga, Spence)

So expect a couple of upgrades of our existing squad in addition to the likely 5 leavers - eg. has Bissouma been performing this season, do we still think Solomon is an adequate LW, can we find a better LW than Werner (currently on loan) etc.

Will Bergvall only play PL where he'll be an u21, to create an extra space in uefa squad ?

Quick idea of how we might be looking next season in terms of overseas players for Europe.
Prob space for 2 overseas players straight away and then sort of 1 in 1 out if we get offers for players like Royal/Richy/Kulu etc. Obv don't have to fill out the whole 17

UEFA 2024/25
List A: Overseas (max 17)
1 Son
2 Romero
3 Vicario
4 Porro
5 van de Ven
6 Werner *if activated
7 Udogie
8 Dragusin
9 Sarr
10 Bentancur
11 Bissouma
12 Kulusevski
13 Emerson Royal
14 Richarlison
15 Bergvall *if we register him for Europe

Loan?
Veliz
Keeley

Sell?
Hojbjerg
Lo Celso
Gil
Solomon?
Ndombele
Reguilon

Nah...lol kounde is a right centerback who only wants to play right centerback, he's not better than Romero. De Jong is intresting played against us in that infamous Ajax game he's a talented footballer but he is far from the world breaker some believe, like almost all that Ajax side he was over rated. Raphina is another he is very much a similar level as Richarlison capable of moments but not a Vinicius level winger. Did you actually watch Christian at Chelsea? Sergio Roberto...lol. Some of the players your raving about are not the titans you imagine City would dismantle that Barcelona or PSG team.

Richarlison is capable of moments?

Reaction GIF

Raphinia, Lewandowski, Yamal . Barca
Mbape, Asensio, Dembele Barcola, Ramos. PSG
I'd take any of those over Kulu, Werner, Johnson, Richie,

De Yong, Sergio Roberto, Gundogan, Pedri, Felix, Christensen, Barca
Vitina, Ruiz, Zaïre-emery, Urgarte
I'd take them over , Bissouma, Skipp, Lo Celso and Bentancur (Based on Current form) any day. Sarr and Madison I'd keep.

Cancelo, Arujo and Konde. Barca
Marquinos, Mendes, PSG
Much as I'm getting used to Udogie and Porro, you can't compare. VDV and Romero will get the nod as CB.

Sorry to disappoint you. But any these players in Ange's system, are way above what we have.

Maybe I exaggerated a little. 60-70 % of the players will start at Spurs.

Lewandowski is not playing prem football and surviving 10mins. Legs have gone at this level. sorry

Raphina... nah Barca fans want shot of him.

Ugarte is interesting but PSG fans don't rate him.

Cancelo isn't what he was anymore. Kounde wouldn't get in our starting 11. I'd take Romero over Arujo every day of the week.

You are naming these dudes on reputation mate.

Lewandowski is not playing prem football and surviving 10mins. Legs have gone at this level. sorry

Raphina... nah Barca fans want shot of him.

Ugarte is interesting but PSG fans don't rate him.

Cancelo isn't what he was anymore. Kounde wouldn't get in our starting 11. I'd take Romero over Arujo every day of the week.

You are naming these dudes on reputation mate.
You clearly didn't watch the match last night. And you don't read properly either

Make informed informed decisions.

I said I'd keep VDV and Romero.

Konde was playing RB/RCB in last night's game. He was phenomenal running down the wing and pass accuracy was Great. Kinda gave me the Vertogen feeling when he used to fill in on LB.

Raphinia is way better than our midfielders even at his worst.

Cancelo' has such a great ability to spot a run and make a telling pass. Who in Spurs is currently better?

Lewandowski is still a great striker beside being past his prime. I bet you one of those that wrote Benzima off and he went on to murder Madrid opponents

I believe you one of those that look at what fans believe over what is seen by managers. Levy has the exact same character.

I think I also mentioned in Ange's system. Most of these players would flop in Conté's system. They on the the 'Not so Good' side when it comes to defending, but are brilliant in attack. Especially when they play out from the back.

You clearly didn't watch the match last night. And you don't read properly either

Konde was playing RB/RCB in last night's game. He was phenomenal running down the wing and pass accuracy was Great. Kinda gave me the Vertogen feeling when he used to fill in on LB.

Cancelo' has such a great ability to spot a run and make a telling pass. Who in Spurs is currently better?

Lewandowski is still a great striker beside being past his prime. I bet you one of those that wrote Benzima off and he went on to murder Madrid opponents

I believe you one of those that look at what fans believe over what is seen by managers. Levy has the exact same character.

I think I also mentioned in Ange's system. Most of these players would flop in Conté's system. They on the the 'Not so Good' side when it comes to defending, but are brilliant in attack. Especially when they play out from the back.

You said all 22 + benches (46 players in total!) would "walk" into our best XI.......

Absolute bollocks.

........And if you're basing that opinion on how well everyone played last night (like you clearly implied); then how comes so many have mediocre ratings?

.......Perhaps you "didn't watch the match last night" as perceptively as you want to believe?

You said all 22 + benches (46 players in total!) would "walk" into our best XI.......

Absolute bollocks.

........And if you're basing that opinion on how well everyone played last night (like you clearly implied); then how comes so many have mediocre ratings?

.......Perhaps you "didn't watch the match last night" as perceptively as you want to believe?
I think he's Hitchin this is how we ended up with with Royale ..

1 game by Raphina against a bang average PSG side doesn't change anything.

He might even be in a brief purple patch but he's a painfully average player.

Porro is an overall better option for inverted RB in our system. If Cancelo is better it's close and based on the past not the now.

Unless you have seen Lewandowski in the flesh this season, I'll trust my own eyes thanks.

Who does Kounde start over for us? How many did Barca concede last night?

Lewandowski could still do a job in the premier league. His hold up play and touch is still excellent and he’s still no slouch. He’s not an option for us but still a top player. He’s playing 90 mins for Barcelona away in a champions league quarter final. I think that tells you how good he is still.

That Moment watching PSG vs Barca and You realise any of of the 22 players on the field, and anyone of the substitutes will walk into a 1st team starting place at Spurs

Levy needs to see what Real Football Clubs look like.

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

The post when you realise that Gazzapen hasn't watched a game of football in his life and is most definitely a gooner.

Back
Top Bottom