Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He didn’t commit a foul for the first 10 games of the season.

Chelsea was a fake red card anyway.
Lol mate I do tend to agree with a lot you say but that Romero challenge was a red,

he already started to get mad a couple minutes prior with Colvill. he literally did a terrible pass seconds before, then he just went in on Enzo he tried to be smart with it by getting the ball but he knew he was going in way to hard.

Ill be honest he's one of my favourites aswell but that was definitely a red.

Lol mate I do tend to agree with a lot you say but that Romero challenge was a red,

he already started to get mad a couple minutes prior with Colvill. he literally did a terrible pass seconds before, then he just went in on Enzo he tried to be smart with it by getting the ball but he knew he was going in way to hard.

Ill be honest he's one of my favourites aswell but that was definitely a red.

Tried to be smart with getting the ball? Lol

In your opinion is it possible to play the game at that speed, whilst making decisions in a fraction of a second, to then decide to clear the ball and follow through into my international teammates shin to hurt him?

Because if so, your opinion is completely nuts and nothing like what is possible

Tried to be smart with getting the ball? Lol

In your opinion is it possible to play the game at that speed, whilst making decisions in a fraction of a second, to then decide to clear the ball and follow through into my international teammates shin to hurt him?

Because if so, your opinion is completely nuts and nothing like what is possible
Maybe smart isn't the right word. But he went in.
The way his foot rotated externally after kicking a ball is unnatural, it's clear as day he wanted to following through.

I don't think Enzo being a international teammate is relevant when it comes to Romero, he is a committed player, a reason why most fans love him, me included.

Romero has been done unfairly by his "reputation" on numerous occasions but for me personally this isn't one of them.

Also remember playing at this speed is natural to these guys it's why they're playing at the highest level. it's not like he's big Dave from the dog and duck and been drafted in on Sunday morning, because Maldini's reincarnate is throwing up after being on the lash.

The way his foot rotated externally after kicking a ball is unnatural, it's clear as day he wanted to following through.

I thought the shape/direction of his foot was a byproduct of how (and from what angle) he made contact with the ball.

Romero has been done unfairly by his "reputation" on numerous occasions but for me personally this isn't one of them.

I think it fair to say he was unlucky; even if (as a Chav) you would scream if it was not given.

we are now at a point where due to circumstances the club can buy established Premier League players, other clubs have to sell. This is a rare small window of opportunity.
Need to stop looking for bargains in ligue 1 and especially dutch division. Will get stung again like with ndombele.
Of course if the Don Paratici sanctions a Serie a transfer that's a different thing altogether. But all you see are these speculations for thunderbolt 18 year olds from Ligue 1, there's a million of them and they are all mediocre.
The club is aware it seems as recent transfers have been exceptional. I doubt they are looking at any of the crap twitter speculates on

Yes.

City did have Aguero, who was a little bull of a player and a 9. Just not a traditional 9. And when Pep's played without archetypal 9's he's used players with good false 9 qualities (Technique, hold up and press like a cunt etc) Liverpool had Firminho who was outstanding as a kind of False 9, with wonderful technique, great hold up and vision, who brought others into play and lead the press superbly. Son is fucking hopeless at this and coughs the fucking ball constantly when he's got anyone up his arse with his back to goal and his pressing is shite (he runs around a lot but not with much tenacity). Richarlison is braver and tougher, but poor technique and vision. Arse are using Havertz as a F9, good technique, physically tough and a great presser.

Richard Arlison Richard Arlison
Just to be clear, I’m not saying we have to have a “traditional” #9. I’m saying we need someone who is a better tactical and stylistic fit than what we have now.

I don't think Enzo being a international teammate is relevant when it comes to Romero, he is a committed player, a reason why most fans love him, me included.

Also remember playing at this speed is natural to these guys it's why they're playing at the highest level. it's not like he's big Dave from the dog and duck and been drafted in on Sunday morning, because Maldini's reincarnate is throwing up after being on the lash.

He cleared the ball and followed through naturally IMO.
I have watched it 20 times and can't see anything other than a natural follow through and more importantly an unavoidable follow through. The only issue was Enzo clocked who it was and ducked out. you duck out, usually you get hurt.

Richard Arlison Richard Arlison
Just to be clear, I’m not saying we have to have a “traditional” #9. I’m saying we need someone who is a better tactical and stylistic fit than what we have now.

That's fair.

Also, at the end of the day, the system has to be able to work around what we have. If Kane was here, surely the system would find a way for him to play and us still press.

I think the Firminho profile, who has the pace and energy to press but also that ability to protect the ball and interplay 1-2's with the wide players is what you are talking about? And I fully get that mate.

I think the star player we need is a wide forward that can create by themselves when teams sit deep but I can see where you are coming from about needing that profile.

we are now at a point where due to circumstances the club can buy established Premier League players, other clubs have to sell. This is a rare small window of opportunity.
Need to stop looking for bargains in ligue 1 and especially dutch division.

France = 2 players in the last 5 years...... Ndombele & Sarr (One great. The other anything but a cheap punt)
Netherlands = 1 player in the last 5 years..... Bergwijn.

Prior to that the last time we bought a 'bargain' from either league was GKN in 16/17...... 8 seasons ago!

Will get stung again like with ndombele.

As above... He doesn't fit the description you provided.

Of course if the Don Paratici sanctions a Serie a transfer that's a different thing altogether. But all you see are these speculations for thunderbolt 18 year olds from Ligue 1, there's a million of them and they are all mediocre.
The club is aware it seems as recent transfers have been exceptional. I doubt they are looking at any of the crap twitter speculates on

So why are you letting those same twitter rumours form the basis of your complaint then?

That's fair.

Also, at the end of the day, the system has to be able to work around what we have. If Kane was here, surely the system would find a way for him to play and us still press.

I think the Firminho profile, who has the pace and energy to press but also that ability to protect the ball and interplay 1-2's with the wide players is what you are talking about? And I fully get that mate.

Exactly

I think the star player we need is a wide forward that can create by themselves when teams sit deep but I can see where you are coming from about needing that profile.

We need two or three or four wide (or wide and versatile who can play elsewhere too - Players like Eze, Brandt, Le Fee, etc etc) players who can do that IMO. Obviously they won't all be of similar quality, none may be "stars" but they should all be at least good.

France = 2 players in the last 5 years...... Ndombele & Sarr (One great. The other anything but a cheap punt)
Netherlands = 1 player in the last 5 years..... Bergwijn.

Prior to that the last time we bought a 'bargain' from either league was GKN in 16/17...... 8 seasons ago!

As above... He doesn't fit the description you provided.

So why are you letting those same twitter rumours form the basis of your complaint then?
I wrote about the twitter sewage dump that people put on here. Regardless of actual transfers it's always some kid from ligue 1 or eredivisie. Not sure what you mean by above I was not replying was I?

I wrote about the twitter sewage dump that people put on here. Regardless of actual transfers it's always some kid from ligue 1 or eredivisie. Not sure what you mean by above I was not replying was I?

What's so confusing?

The first part is counter to the idea that we're pre-occupied with trawling the French & Dutch leagues for bargains.... If we were; why do our signings not reflect that idea?

The second part..... I'm not sure I can even offer a re-worded explanation given how straight fwd it is.

Every time he makes a foul the commentators make a point of saying "he loves to fly in". This is in pundits and referees minds and it will take a while for the narrative to change. A season without a red card would be nice.

Until then he will be judged more harshly than others.

What's so confusing?

The first part is counter to the idea that we're pre-occupied with trawling the French & Dutch leagues for bargains.... If we were; why do our signings not reflect that idea?

The second part..... I'm not sure I can even offer a re-worded explanation given how straight fwd it is.
You are most definitely confused.

Back
Top Bottom