Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It will probably depend on if we can find an equally marketable replacement. Whether he be Korean, Japanese or some other market Levy feels he can tap in to.

Brighton always like to make a big sale every sale every summer. I wonder whether we might look at Mitoma. He’s a great attacker who has just had a poor season so his price should be less than 12 months ago.

That's the reality

Stars is such a shit term anyway. Clubs like ours don't sign stars, we are meant to make them
Since when have we been a club "meant to make" them. What utter tripe.
You sound like you're happy to see us as some kind of feeder club.
We used to be renowned for buying from the top drawer. Breaking records. Trailblazers with Ricky and Ozzie.
You really have no concept of our history, do you..... For you, Tottenham Hotspur's existence started with ENIC and will end with ENIC.

So sad.

Since when have we been a club "meant to make" them. What utter tripe.
You sound like you're happy to see us as some kind of feeder club.
We used to be renowned for buying from the top drawer. Breaking records. Trailblazers with Ricky and Ozzie.
You really have no concept of our history, do you..... For you, Tottenham Hotspur's existence started with ENIC and will end with ENIC.

So sad.

You're obtuse and your arguments are just disingenuous bullshit.

Talking about history as if time has stood still and the entire football landscape hasn't changed, fuck off man

The only question I have with him is he’s small. We have enough trouble already with set pieces.

As a footballer no question he fits
We’ll be fine with set pieces if A) ange starts giving a shit about them, B) we start a ST who isn’t afraid to head the ball, and C) stop this zonal marking bullshit.

Fullbacks aren’t expected to be winning headers in set pieces anyways. They defend by running at the near post, and maybe defend the goal line near either post.

We’d be giving up absolutely nothing at set pieces by playing KWP if we simply had a coherent, sensical strategy.

Brighton always like to make a big sale every sale every summer. I wonder whether we might look at Mitoma. He’s a great attacker who has just had a poor season so his price should be less than 12 months ago.
Would be a perfect Ange winger. I’m praying.

Would also give Levy a star he can market to Asia and all that, possibly satisfying him enough he might finally be able to let go of Son.

Fucking log off man

I'm not having any fan that thinks we were more fucking ambitions under Alan fucking Sugar

Lay off the crack ffs
Talk to me like that you cunt.

I know rival fans that don't disrespect the clubs history like you do.

You should have stayed off the forum after your meltdown the other day. Suppose you won't want to talk about those feelings now. Coward.

You should have stayed off the forum after your meltdown the other day. Suppose you won't want to talk about those feelings now. Coward.

That's it, you can't respond to what I said so you know I'm right but you gotta try and deflect away from your crap argument by bringing up something irrelevant to the debate, well done :roflmao:

ps I don't know you you are but I love you cause you're fellow Spurs but seriously lay off the crack please, cheers x

Bollocks. Not under ENIC but plenty of times before them we made signings that were the who's who of football.
Mate. We're the 9th richest club on the planet. THE richest club in London. The highest match day Revenue in England...
We can invest in new hotels and build property all over the place

But we can't afford star players...we have to, ...what was it?

"make our own" :ap:

He has no respect for our club or our history.

When ENIC fuck off, so will he.

Yeah good luck with that mate

This is such a dumb argument because no one has defined what an actual star is. :roflmao:
It’s not possible to define it.

Like it’s not determined by the price you pay and the quality you get.

But here we are. What we all know is that we haven’t signed enough good players to win things under Levy and ENIC, otherwise we would have won things.

We need to sign better players and more of them. Then on a chat forum it’s all about opinion. I’m not seeing any links yet to players imo that get us closer to winning things. I’m seeing lots of players that seem to be similar to the range that we are stuck in. That’s my opinion though

It’s not possible to define it.

Therefore this argument is moot.

No one knows what a star looks like until they build up that consistency and become that clutch player.

Harry Kane was a star when he left the club, if anyone thinks we will sign a player on that level then they're either deluded or just don't understand how football works.

Back
Top Bottom