Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The majority of he shirt sales money doesn't go into our pockets though........

The point here is that with Son inevitably moving on in the coming seasons (and any part timer SK fans with him); the commercially value of Sonny is now finite and a lot more measurable.........

I sincerely doubt that if you project the commercial of Son for (eg) 2 more years vs a 20m trf fee (your est.) then the diff. would make it worth keeping Son for that reason alone.......... (And if Levy is the cold-hearted money hungry cuntbag people insist then he wouldn't think along any other lines as those.... Nor will he keep him for "sentimental" reasons.)

.......If Son remains; it's because he's still considered to have value ON the pitch.

Old article but the points about the commercial benefits still stand

Old article but the points about the commercial benefits still stand

That's a pretty hollow article.

Keeping Sonny for another year or two won't stop the part timers moving on so things will be weighed up as I already described.

The theory that we'll keep Son for commercial reasons falls flat on it's arse unless one is claiming he's commercially worth more than a 20m (+ another 20m in wages).

Last edited:

View: https://x.com/htomufc/status/1786729333366620454?s=46&t=6hp9556H_GJ_LQNWePnt-g

View: https://x.com/hoyeonaldo/status/1786730386917064906?s=46&t=6hp9556H_GJ_LQNWePnt-g

Kyle Walker-Peters has been excellent this season. Replacing Emerson with KWP wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world, especially since we have severe Club-Trained quota issues

The only question I have with him is he’s small. We have enough trouble already with set pieces.

As a footballer no question he fits

Still think Cunha would be a good signing if wolves need to sell. Really powerful and positive, good at taking players out of the game with his dribbling and can play in a couple of positions. I’d take him as an alternative to Eze

Bollocks. Not under ENIC but plenty of times before them we made signings that were the who's who of football.

................You do understand that entire financial 'eco'-system of football has changed since the 80s/early 90s?

Back
Top Bottom